Register now to get rid of these ads!

FORD 300 intake suggestions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zevansfordinliner, Feb 19, 2013.

1. zevansfordinliner

zevansfordinliner
    BANNED

hows That motor sound, pretty wicked i would gather;) 3 2bbls seems like a lotta air and fuel for a street machiene tho, but again what would i know

2. zevansfordinliner

zevansfordinliner
    BANNED

Anyone elese want to throw in thier two cents!!!!

3. hellsgaterods

hellsgaterods

still have yet to rebuild two of the carbs, i had an 800 cfm edelbrock on it before, the engine was highly modified and eats every bit of gas and air you shove in it, sounded like a pissed off airplane with the four bbl set up.

4. zevansfordinliner

zevansfordinliner
    BANNED

How easy were the three 2bbls to tune? I guess they were a little undersized from the factory:rolleyes: where did you get that manifold?

5. hellsgaterods

hellsgaterods

like i said i havent ran the intake as of yet, middle carb is a 500 cfm outside are 350 cfm, i will run on the center carb and kick the outside carbs in. my dad built the motor back in 1991, fired it and slid it under his workbench, he passed away in 1999 and my brother took the motor, about '05 i bought the motor, and built a 27 hudson and ran the motor with the 4 bbl intake with an 800 cfm edelbrock on it with no problems. Both intakes were with it when i got it, not sure were dad got the tripower intake, it is very rare, ive only seen one other one, its made by clifford.

6. Highway 41

Highway 41
    from Georgia

Don't think you mentioned if this was for an open car. I use the fuel injected exhaust manifolds in our trucks,work very well and can be found really cheap. The down pipe on the injected trucks had cats in it but Walker makes a replacement pipe that collects into a 2 1/2 inch pipe and we run 2 1/2 all the way with a Smithy on one and it sounds pretty throaty.

7. hellsgaterods

hellsgaterods

yes, it was in an open car, i started with a truck cab that was a cut down 27 hudson 4 door sedan, so it was just the back part half assed pop riveted to the cab and a bare frame when i started, i built it into an actual cab, channeled it 6 inches down over the frame, ran a 30's dodge bed and model a grill shell, no fenders or hood, just old hot rod style. speedway front drop axle and 57 ford 9" rear end with a four link and coil overs. pretty bare bones, but fun as hell.

8. 55willys

55willys

I might have a broken 300-6 intake manifold you could use the center out of. You could have a header type flange made for the intake and build it out of exhaust tubing. I am having a header flange made by Hells Gate Hot Rods (not the one posted before me) www.hellsgatehotrods.com 208-305-6469 Andy Heitmann Hope this helps Jim Ford (55willys)

9. 55willys

55willys

I ran a 300-6 in a 66' crew cab stock engine with a Clifford Research 4barrel intake and headers, I used a 425 cfm Holley. It ran great really brought that engine to life!

10. toucan

toucan
    from sc

clifford research makes some good stuff and it is a easy bolt on!but i love cutting the center section out of the single manifold that looks great!

11. luckystiff

luckystiff

bringing this one back up from the dead............

i'm considering powertrain for the 62 uni i'm building and i'm back and forth on doing a 300 6. thing is if i do it i don't want it to be just a standard 6 in there i want a little wow/different factor. the intake Bishop did has that appeal to me. it got me also think about what about the same theory but one with 3 smaller sidedraft carbs. maybe SU's? or maybe a dual 2 barrel sidedrafts. i know clifford made the triple 2 barrel intake and theres even one on ebay that ends today. but dcoe webers and dhla dellortos aren't cheap now day. the intake isn't terrible price wise but by the time you put together the intake AND 3 of either of those it'd be real easy to be into that for $1500-2000. oh and oddly enough it wouldn't even be a real stand out around here as theres already a slickside running around with that set up.

i passed up a 4 barrel intake at charlotte goodguys because i can't fully commit to a drivetrain. i've always had a soft spot for 300's though.

theres always several donors on c'list around me so they are plentyful.

i'm fighting the 460/c6 thats cheap as i'm building this truck to be a daily and don't know if i want the mileage of a 460. the next 2 viable are sbf or going with something rogue for this board and doing a 4.6 modular...ken....

12. Phil1934

Phil1934

I stripped the dual carb intake and headers off mine and scrapped truck as I sold house and time was short. They are in classifieds.

13. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

Might be tough to find now but I ran a Holman Moody 4 barrel intake with a 600 Holley on mine back in the early70s in my H/G 51 Anglia with a 310 inch Ford 6

14. krazylegswp

krazylegswp

after years of looking and trying to design my own manifold for my project i just happened to stumple on this brilliant piece

by using the offy 4v manifold
    [​IMG]
    this from vintagespeed.com will bolt right up they even have different options to mount holley and 3 bolt carbs
    [​IMG]

looks like good flow
    [​IMG]

the also sell complete rochester kits

[​IMG]

or if you wanted to go two

[​IMG]

complete

[​IMG]

even different carbs

[​IMG]

and mounting options
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Kinky6

Kinky6

Every time I see one of those 3x2 intake adapters to go on a 4 barrel intake, I think here's someone who likes the look of trips, but can't quite step up to buy or make a proper intake for them.

"Funnel" is the other thing that comes to mind. K6

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

porknbeaner and Hnstray like this.
  16. LOL the multi carbs look good so if you are a poser this is the way to go, the single 4 on a single 4 manifold will always out perform them.

Forget playing hot rodder, if you want to go trips man up and do it right.

Oh and this is a 2 year old thread started by a banned user, fuckin new guys. :eek: :(

Hnstray likes this.
  17. Kinky6

Kinky6

Yeah, I know, I just had to bag on those V.S. funnels. :rolleyes: K6

18. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

Im gonna ressurect this thread. i hate asking "what its worth" but i couldnt really find any good info on this clifford 3x2. With holley carbs. I also have the long tube headers that go with it. Any idea what this is worth?
    IMG_1963.JPG IMG_1964.JPG

19. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I have one of those Offenhauser 4bbl intakes. PM if you're interested.

20. Several years ago I paid $400 for the same intake with 3 Holley 500s' In todays market I would think that the intake alone might be worth $300-$400 depending on shape then whatever Holley 2V's are going for at a ued price.

21. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Can you tellme where I can get 300 Ford inline six header flange? Stahl, Gear Drive and Hedman do not show 300 six flanges ? Thanks

22. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Try Clifford Research.....

23. Clifford is a fair bet ^^^ or you may just have to not use the catalogs for anything but a way to find the phone number. Most major companies use the catalog for common stuff and the uncommon stuff is special order. Example I needed some flanges for an MOPAR a few years back and the catalog didn't show them so I called Stahl to ask where I may find them and the rep said, "Well there is a 3 day turnaround on those but we can get 'em to ya if you're not in an all fired hurry." So a week later I had a pair of flanges in my hand.

24. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had a '96 F150 with a 300 as well as an old Winnebago with the same engine. I had the 300 from the Winnebago rebuilt with an Erson RV cam and an Offy 4 BBL with a 390 Holley. I didn't know what I was going to do about the exhaust until I was checking the oil on my F150 one day. It had a set of dual exhaust manifolds that closely resembled the cast iron Fentons on my flathead. They exhausted into a "Y" pipe, which I did not use on the RV. The engine performed great; it pulled my race car with no problems and got great mileage; 12 mpg unladen and 8 mpg pulling the race car trailer with a full load. The only problem with that vehicle is that it didn't have power brakes. It went like hell, but wouldn't stop worth a damn. Seriously, take a good look at mid '90's 300-6 exhaust manifolds.

25. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Much appreciated . :)