Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ***Annual Mid-West HAMB-B-Q 2015***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nate, May 3, 2015.

1. [​IMG]

Yes! We are running a little late this year. Zach has been working on selling his house and we have moved and were busy getting our stuff set up but we couldn't let a year go by without a BBQ.

NoSurf Jay started this thing in Abilene (KS) a long time ago and when he moved east last year we (Spam Skinnerzz) picked it up and did the best we could. We had a great time and we hope to see all our friends and make some new ones this year.

The date is May 30. We will meet at Slowride Roadhouse in north Lawrence http://slowrideroadhouse.net/ at 9am for breakfast and then back at Rose Park in McLouth, KS around 2:00-2:30-ish for BBQ. There will be some cruise activity between the two, we just don't know what yet :)

We will provide all the meat, if you'd like to bring sides that would be great, we will also have a donations can.

Anyone who would like to camp is welcome to come Friday and stay out at our new house, we've got plenty of space for tents or campers or whatever. First person to call dibs on the gypsey wagon gets it for the night! (Kerry and Travis you better act fast if you want it again)

JUST NOTE: Last year we lived just east of the park, WE DON"T LIVE THERE ANYMORE SO DON"T GO TO THAT HOUSE!!! :D Our new address is:

25289 Dempsey Road McLouth, KS 66054

We will post more as we figure it out.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Excellent

3. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Will the circle track trials be based on time or style?

4. Ned is the timekeeper and Zach will judge technique so there's just no way to know.

5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Hmm. Noted

6. NoSurf

NoSurf

So great you are keeping the bbq smoke going.

Wish I could be there!

7. stewdecky

stewdecky
    from Kansas

Got it on the calendar. Thanks for keeping it going. Had a great time last year.

8. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

In my calendar.......

10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Quick Sunday night bump

11. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

image.jpg Worst case we don't have any glass in the car when we head west. It'll be nice out right? Haha.

Who else is in a thrash or mini thrash trying to get ready?

12. Who needs glass? It can't possibly rain any more.

Tim likes this.
  13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Gettin close :)

14. zach

zach
    from NE KS

Time to gas up the T!

Posted using telekinesis!

NoSurf likes this.
  15. The current plan is to meet at Slowride Roadhouse in north Lawrence at 9 am Saturday for breakfast. After breakfast we will head towards downtown and check out the Buster Festival. Apparently there is a parade around noon? Back to Rose Park for BBQ around 2:00-2:30-ish. Be there! If you want to come to McLouth tomorrow night and hang out we can find a place to hide you.

16. Damn guys. I wish I would have known about this sooner. I am in Olathe, KS. 20 minutes east of Lawrence. I didn't know so many HAMB'rs were around here, but I'm still fairly new to the site.

We already have plans, but otherwise I would have loved to drive the '42 out and meet some new hot rodders. Enjoy guys!

17. Yeah, my yard agrees.

18. I hope to make it in the afternoon. My wife is testing for her 3rd degree black belt that morning and I need to be there to cheer her on...or else, ha!

19. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Yeah she's gotta be able to protect you from those monster snakes at the farm! ;)

We will show up to the park between noon and 2. I've still got a good 5 hours of work left before im road ready again

20. Since you guys seem to know each other well, I am jeremy. Lives in Olathe. I'm 38. Happily married. 3 boys with a 4th on the way. I have a 42 GMC truck and I am currently building a '28 coupe on 32 rails. I also have a 1970 grabber fastback mustang as well. Hope to meet up with some more locals soon. Thanks guys.

21. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Are you new to the area? There's an endless amount of car stuff going on all the time, you've probably walked right past one of us! Haha

22. I've been here since 2006.

23. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Cool, well then I'm sure we at least know a bunch of the same people.

If you can't make tomorrow try to make it over to Lee's summitt Friday June 26th for a little cruise in im putting together at the shop. I'll make sure to introduce you to some people

image.jpg

24. I'm in for sure. That is my summer hour half day. So it works good.

25. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Cool man :) hopefully we'll have a good turn out. Make sure to find e and say hi

26. How will I know it's you?! Ha.

And I'm sure you've seen my truck around. I hit a lot of shows and cruise ins.

27. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Just come in and ask for Timm