Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration A little sneak peek...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 15, 2015.

1. Even though I missed out (slowly wiping away tears) I do appreciate that it was just open to Alliance Members, I think that those who support the HAMB get priority when these items become available. Looks like I will have to settle for some of the new HAMB t shirts

2. LAROKE

LAROKE

I too missed out on this one. I did get one of Saxman's "Stovebolt" knobs sometime back. Those of you who asked about bigger runs would know better if you could see one of these up close. They are handcrafted of the highest quality. Even a run of 100 is a big feat.
    [​IMG]

Scooterville and Saxman like this.
  3. 117harv

117harv

The title of this thread was a clue, and then Ryan's post on page two let us know to watch. I had been checking the store since this thread was started, the old knob was listed and said sold out. I spent much more time on here in the short time leading up to them being offered than I usually do. I figured they would up for sale on Monday as others are busy on the weekends, and I was right. I checked one last time in the store before I went to work, the add for the old one was gone? I hit refresh and the notice was there at the top of the page. I think I may have been the first to get one but not sure.

I'm an Alliance member but had I not checked one last time I would have missed out. I missed out on the first ones and the tag toppers a few times, but this time I got LUCKY. As several here have stated, just being an Alliance member is NO guarantee, some got lucky, some didn't. If Ryan would have given a specific time and date it would have been a lot less fair, this way it was the luck of the draw. The fact that they are made in a limited # and are hard to get is part of the allure, that and the fact that they are super cool hand crafted works of art as well as a functional item representing our, well my favorite site.... :)

4. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, I just saw this thread this morning as it was a long weekend up here in Canada and I took the family camping and dirt biking. Had a great time and wouldnt trade it for anything, but, sorry I missed out on these. Ive been meaning to get a shift knob made by Saxman for a while and this would have been awesome. Oh well, hopefuly there is a next time. :)

Speedy Canuck likes this.
  5. Geez, the boss does something nice for us and you all want to beat him up for it. That's a great way to say " thank you". I'm sure that he is feeling appreciated right about now. Wouldn't blame him if he didn't feel like doing this again for a long time.

Lighten up, Francis.

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got one and I'll have to say it was pure luck on my part even though. A quick check shows that I paid for mine at 10:50:29 PDT or 12:50:29 Texas time. Among other things I had left my power cord for my laptop at home and had it shut off and had to fire it up to check when I came into the break room. Paypal even got whiny about my password as I was trying to log on and made me nervous.
    It was just luck of the draw for me.

7. 3030

I guess my point is if you have to work for a living and can't sit on this computer all day like some you lose out ALLIANCE MEMBER or not.

Dean Lowe likes this.
  8. There are Alliance members all over the globe, how would you make this work out for every one of them? Especially for such a limited run of only 100.

I think the first two knobs had an even smaller run.

Scooterville likes this.
  9. (insert maniacal laughter here):D mines on its way:cool:

10. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

My shift knob addiction started with the most famous of all HAMB shift knobs,the HAMB Normskull. I was hooked from there on. My knob collection has now grown to cost twice what I paid for my first house. Even with all those knobs,I await the new HAMB shift knob like a kid at Christmas. I get excited at the very thought of the newest Hamb design. So I understand the disapointment of not being able to acquire one as much as anyone. However, I understand that with a limited supply there simply will not be enough available for everyone to get one. That's just the way it is. I'm never going to get to make out with Jennifer Lopez and I've decided to accept that as well.
    I appreciate Ryan making ANY swag that we can get our hands on. The old timers will remember that it was not that long ago that you could not even purchase a HAMB t shirt. Those things were like gold. The HAMB store is a relatively new feature. Thanks Boss.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. [
    I work for a living too and have full custody of my son. My son was sick that day and I had to stay home. You had to be lucky...and I was. Btw...I have a shift knob for sale!!! ;)

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. My job has me in front of the computer most of the time unless I'm out on a delivery so I am able to keep my finger on the pulse of the hamb,,fortunately when the banner popped up Monday morning I was quick on the draw and it been Monday afternoon I would have missed out. HRP

Scooterville likes this.
  13. That's it "Rub It In":mad:

14. 24 Dodge

24 Dodge
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would like to get one if Ryan makes another run. They look awesome!

15. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

I'm a newbie, and a new Alliance Member, and I had more than one shot at the "letting" simply because I paid attention late last week when the sneak peek was posted. I further engaged in stalking the HAMB over the weekend and Monday morning, watching the same thread for hints of the release. I did it with my phone app and it only took a brief moment to keep up to speed. I then chose not to buy one because I'm a tightwad.

It takes diligence to land on a limited release... just like buying concert tickets. If you really wanted it and saw the Sneak peek thread and were an alliance member and had a smart phone and were awake when the happening happened and had access to a computer and had a credit card and could read, you had a 1 in 100 chance!:cool:

Scooterville, LOST ANGEL and 117harv like this.
  16. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

"pulse of the hamb"? LOL!!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  17. Simply a metaphor. HRP

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  18. bambbrose

bambbrose
    from So. Utah

How else could you get to 30k posts :)

19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

As of today, all shift knobs have shipped except for two... If you are one of the two, I've talked to you already...

Done and done. That was a lot of work!

20. oldcars.acadia

oldcars.acadia

Thanks Ryan and Saxman.:)

Saxman likes this.
  21. bambbrose

bambbrose
    from So. Utah

I'm stoked to get mine, thanks Ryan and Saxman for all the hard work. Now to find that swan shifter to match....

Saxman likes this.
  22. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

Looking forward to adding this goodie to my custom.

I promise to NOT buy one from the next batch, so others can have a chance.

HONEST.

DeLuxe 32 and Saxman like this.
  23. Boy you got that done quickly! Crossing my fingers for 62 or 41 ... Thanks again.

24. Thank you!
    Thank you!!
    Thank you!!!

Saxman likes this.
  25. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I did not get a shift knob , but I certainly appreciate any and all efforts put forth to get the knobs out there. They look like a stellar piece and hopefully I will get a chance next time . Big thanks to Ryan and Saxman for doing whatcha do , and putting up with whatcha put up with !

26. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Yes, thanks, can't wait till mine arrives. :cool:

Saxman likes this.
  27. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Luckily you were in the right place to have a shit fit if your payment hadn't gone through.

I have missed out before and got lucky as well. Can't wait to see it in my mail box! Other than Alliance Tags, this is my first HAMBorabilia, so I'm excited. Now I have to get to work on something not OT so I can put my knob to use. Until then, it will be on my desk where I can keep an eye on it.

28. brady1929

brady1929

Yes, thanks fellas.

29. Ryan and Saxman, Thank you for all the hard work. :)

Saxman likes this.
  30. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, awesome work Ryan. Now you and Saxman can relax. You sure got these shipped out quickly. Got my tacking number yesterday YAHOO. Can't wait to fit it to our 32 3w.

Saxman likes this.