Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 3 Great Ones in a Row - Photos from the 2014 Rodder's Journal Revival

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan Greenberg, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

2. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

3. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

4. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

5. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

6. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

7. bmita

bmita

anybody know what color Al Ritters is? looks like a stock color but cant tell.
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

MUNDSTER, i.rant and Studebakermatt like this.
  8. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

9. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

10. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

11. Danekejt

Danekejt
    from Pa

Dan,
    Great job on the photo's. Loved going thru them. My wife and i were at the show with our 57 and we had a great time. Your beautiful photo's are reminding me of a great 4 day weekend in Baltimore.

John

12. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thank you John. I do have a few more to go before I wrap this up. I just got busy and had to take a break for a while.

Here is another of Mike Mondrella's 32
    [​IMG]

13. "Here is another of Mike Mondrella's 32" Awesome! Anyone know what color blue that is? Reminds me of '58 Cadillac Cobalt Blue

14. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Crusty Chevy - here is the answer - direct from Mike:
    "The color is based off 2014 Nissan 370z a special order Midnight Blue but my painter also tweaked it to take our any purple effect that most all blue colors produces."

Studebakermatt likes this.
  15. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Brian Baker's 1929 Model A
    [​IMG]

16. That's one neat A.

17. How did I miss these before? Great shots, Dan - and I'm glad to see a good shot of The Jewel out on Fells Point, thanks!

18. Sad but True NO RJR in 2015

Quote............
    As some of you may have already heard, we will not be hosting The Rodder’s Journal Revival in 2015. We had an excellent three-year run in Baltimore, and we would love to return soon. Unfortunately a variety of challenges have presented themselves, ranging from securing sufficient hotel room blocks to logistical hurdles with our venue, and we’ve decided to take a year off rather than host an event that may not be up to our standards.

We waited until now to make this announcement because we wanted to try to resolve the issues we’ve encountered. But it’s become increasingly clear that we won’t be able to do that in time for the 2015 event. With any luck, though, we’ll be back with an even better event before too long.

In the meantime, we wanted to thank each of you who attended any of the first three TRJ Revivals. A car show is only as good as the cars and people who attend and it is theRodder’s Journal readers who made the show a success.

As we said when we first launched the show, our intention was to throw a party where hot rodders from all over could get together and enjoy seeing, hearing, and driving these old cars we love so much. Thinking back over the excellent times we’ve had, the friends we’ve reconnected with, and the new pals we’ve made, we believe we accomplished our goals.

Stay tuned for more news about what’s going on at The Rodder’s Journal. Although we won’t be hosting the Revival this year, there’s still a lot of cool stuff in the works.

Cheers!
    Your friends at The Rodder’s Journal

19. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

I was fortunate and blessed and thrilled to have some of my RJR 14 images used by TRJ to cover this event in the current volume - number 66 which was received in the mail by most subscribers and is hopefully on the news stands now. Some of them are in the main article along with shots from Steve Coonan and Tom Davison and a couple are in the back in the liner notes. The ones included are re-posted below.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I did not choose which images were included but the TRJ looked them all over here and chose what they needed.

20. Very Very nice! :)

21. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

All I can say is DAN is the MAN!!!
    Been to all 3 shows & will really miss it this year

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  22. I'm proud for you Dan!! That's awesome!! Now, will they be letting you do the article for Indy? :)

23. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks a lot paf59, Gary and Dr. Dave! Dr. Dave - I did talk to Steve about it while at LSRU and there is a chance some of it may get into their on line newsletter coverage, but right now does not look they will run an article on it. But I definitely offered. - to both them and Rod and Kulture.

lothiandon1940 and drdave like this.
  24. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

25. Tn. Trash

Tn. Trash

Dan, your pictures are simply outstanding and very enjoyable. Thank you for posting these.

On a different note............am I seeing things or is the cab on this very nice 40` pick-up extended?

jackandeuces likes this.
  26. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thank you Tn. Trash. I am not sure, but I think that is the result of a pretty good chop.

jackandeuces likes this.