Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Shelby12

Shelby12
    from Indiana

Hey guys, I have been busy and haven't posted in awhile. My bubble top project is coming along and is in the final stages. It should be done this week. Thanks to all of your help in putting different colors on it I decided to go with a turquoise base coat called Summer Rain Metallic. On top of that 5 jars of Rothflake Trippin' See Sic Blue metalflake was added to the clear coat. The photos in the garage do not do it justice as you can't see the sparkle or the color change. The bubbletop structure hasn't been painted and installed yet. I will get you some more photos when it is complete. Here are some before and after photos. Thanks to all of you, especially Moose for helping me decide a color. If you go back to page 521 you can see where I started from. Thank you all so much. I'll post more next week of the finished car. 8.JPG Rear Painted.jpg bubbles on.jpg buckets.jpg

LeoH, nitrobrother, OahuEli and 3 others like this.
  2. Shelby12... your project is looking great.I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!!

3. red 41 Chevy Coupe.jpg

4. Beautiful Moose! Just what I had in mind............Centurion9

5. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks guys for the photoshop ideas.....I'm going to be cutting the front end off and replace it with stock sheet metal. The front fenders are extended to much and they need to go.... I'm thinking about running the same grill but add stock 51 Mercury bumper guards on the end of each side of the grill. They will be mounted horizontally...... When I put the stock front end the grill opening will be a lot bigger and I will need to do something to take up the space..... What do you think?

MannyK likes this.
  6. southerncad

southerncad

Thanx mucho, themoose, the Caddy never looked any better!

7. waylow64bird

waylow64bird
    from Buffalo MN

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1431902360.376395.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1431902379.525199.jpg . Can someone put these two pictures together that would be Awesome thanks

8. themoose likes this.
  9. One featuring the car and one the building....

car.jpg building.jpg

Last edited: May 17, 2015
    KiwiGlen likes this.
  10. waylow64bird

waylow64bird
    from Buffalo MN

Can you put the car more forward in the second picture

11. waylow64bird

waylow64bird
    from Buffalo MN

Can you make the car smaller to make it fit in the picture thanks

12. I don't know the scale of either the car or the building so it's hard to get the proper perspective...
    car 2.jpg building2.jpg

KiwiGlen likes this.
  13. waylow64bird

waylow64bird
    from Buffalo MN

14. Can someone please photo shop this lettering in back and then in Burgundy on my door also I'm open to color suggestions Thank you Jim
    [​IMG]

photo shop 2.jpg

15. Here's black,burgundy,burgundy with outline and airbrushed shadow and silver with outline and shadow...

black.jpg burgundy.jpg burgundy2.jpg gray.jpg

madfish likes this.
  16. Thank you !!!! it makes it much easier to decide whether I want to do this being able to see it on the truck I really appreciate this!!! Jim

17. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I would vote for the silver with outline and shadow, that looks the best to me :cool:

18. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

how about just lettering without surround line? or, make surround line thinner? as is does not make your truck look better.

19. mike bowling

mike bowling

Anyone want to turn my 50's hot rod into something more sinister?? It may be headed for a re-model next winter and I could use some input . I'd like to see it lower so it's got a little "attitude" going. Also may do an engine upgrade- "hot" 4 or crazy 8 cyl.??-- Thanks, Mike

Attached Files:

20. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

I agree with little shading makes the silver on white easier to read and it just stands out better

21. after seeing it on the truck I agree the silver with the outline is the best, but I think it is to modern looking and not the look I was going for I also agree with you Jalopy Joker it does not add to the truck which is what matters most. Thank you very much for the input and the photo shopping work I really appreciate it Sometimes the best modifications are the ones you don't do someone smarter than me said that.........Jim

Last edited: May 19, 2015

22. To me "Sinister" needs to be black..While I was at it I chopped the windshield and add the cowl band for a little extra "Catch the eye" value

banger.jpg

madfish and mike bowling like this.
  23. lowlinc

lowlinc

Pic taken from Google. Someone want to Shop this Black with a Goldish Beige roof? And Supremes. Also wouldn't mine a Rootbeer brown roof and copper body too.
    [​IMG]

24. mike bowling

mike bowling

That looks awesome- and it still has the banger which I actually like because it's different. Thanks- now all I have to do is figure out how to get the "picture" turned into a "picture"- Great job.

25. Flamed48

Flamed48

So my dad has a set of 200s wheels and I just found an awesome deal on a dart I was wondering what the wheels would look like on the dart

Attached Files:

26. flamed.jpg

27. bavarian_Tom

bavarian_Tom

Hey Guys.
    Can someone paint my roof black with flakes, or in a beige/ cream colour with flakes?
    Thanks and greets from Germany

Attached Files:

28. gold roof.jpg

LeoH likes this.
  29. brown roof.jpg

30. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

If you're bored, I wouldn't mind seeing my Grandpa Car with frenched headlights, shaved handles, ditch the bumper guards, wide whitewalls with 49 Lincoln hubcaps, maybe drop the tail an extra inch and add '49 Ford side trim with the body painted the color of the dashboard.

You know...if you're bored....

Thanks CAM00405.jpg CAM00529.jpg IMG_20120908_170427.jpg