Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1940 chev question

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Jcanbounc1940chev, May 1, 2015.

1. Jcanbounc1940chev

Jcanbounc1940chev
    from Oregon

This is for all you guys that know or have done. I have a 40 chev and am looking for a fender that has the headlights actually built into them. What I am wondering is if the 41 chev fenders will work. Or if anyone has ever done anything else on that aspect. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for the help guys and gals

2. You can use the 41 fender if you use the entire front end. it is not a direct bolt on but it is easy enough for a highschooler who doesn't know it won't work to make work.

One of the things that used to get done with them was to sink the original headlight into the fender. An old custom trick. May be something else to think about.

3. aaggie

aaggie

I have a '40 Sedan and the headlight pods bolt on to the front fenders. The '40 is a one year only body and nothing else interchanges. Anyone with body working skills could adapt another headlight assembly into the fender but it might not look good. I've seen BMW Mini units installed but since I'm used to the stock lights, it just looked wrong. My opinion for what it's worth.

4. lowrd

lowrd

I just spoke to my friend with a 40 Chev, and he said you would have to graft in whatever unit you were thinking of using. He has owned the car since 1970 and thought about it but the later years are different.

5. Jcanbounc1940chev

Jcanbounc1940chev
    from Oregon

Yeah, I knew there were some differences. I have also thought about just forming the buckets into the fenders myself. But you know it never hurts to ask the guys that might have done this. I do appreciate all the insight from everyone.
    Becoming a huge fan of this forum

6. R&C RON

R&C RON

I cut the top of my fenders , and dropped the headlight buckets down and back.[​IMG]

Jcanbounc1940chev likes this.