Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage **STRAY KAT 500 / May 1-3, 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Jan 20, 2015.

1. I still need to send my entry, dang it.

straykatkustoms likes this.
  2. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

A couple shots from previous years to get you all excited, not that that is really necessary.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hunter73, drdave and straykatkustoms like this.
  3. Can't wait!

4. Great line up of cars last years and great weather to boot. Didn't have a ride entered last year but had to pay admission to the show. What's up with that? Will you be charging admission this year? Don't see it mentioned on the flyer.

5. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad you made it down for the show. We had a heck of a turnout and the quality of Kustoms and Hot rods were the best that we have ever had.

The good news/bad news is the SK500 is getting bigger every year and that means we are getting more people to come and see the show. The past thirteen years I only had three of us making sure that the block aids were secure and it was an all day job. We have streets and alleys blocked off over a eight block area and when I was walking around everyone needed to be fixed. My Liability Insurance requires a secure area and the only way to do this is to hire help. I asked the Dewey Fire Department if they would be interested and they jumped at the chance. Last year The SK500 was their biggest fund raiser for the Fire Department and that was kool to hear.

To answer your question, we will be charging a $2 admission for adults and kids are free again this year. Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of months....

Happy Trails, Mick

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    sodbuster likes this.
  6. wide34

wide34
    from Texas

Will you be having a tour Friday? Need to know whether to come up Thursday night of Friday. Sure enjoyed last years tour!

7. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes we will be doing are reliability run again. We will be going Woolaroc this year. It is a kool museum just 12 miles east of Bartlesville. Check out their web site. http://www.woolaroc.org/ You can easily spend hours going through the different attractions and it is family friendly.

We will be leaving the host hotel around 10:00 am.

Happy Trails, Mick

bchrismer likes this.
  8. Thanks very much for your quick response and the great show you host every year. I understand your predicament and am happy to help out, but it might be a good idea if this was made public in advance of the show. Some rumblings about it last year.

Looking forward to this years show and will have to line up a trailer and haul my '26 speedster down.

9. flathead_10

flathead_10
    from Kansas

Ill be there again this year hoping to have my 58 ready. may just have to stalk the side lines. getting harder for me to cover the raised entire fees and the hotel and the eats and gas and and and .......those ands add up fast and money subtracts really fast.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  10. Know where your coming from. Can only cut so many slices out of the pie.

11. 41 mopar

41 mopar

Web site looks kool. Nice batch of pictures. Like the layout. Bout time to start the count down to Dewey. Rev it up and let's go!!!!

12. No!!! Wait!!! Don't start the count down yet....I'm waaaaaay too far behind!!!! Ehhh, who needs sleep? Let the countdown begin!! :D

13. Stiff Ride

Stiff Ride

I will see ya all saterday

14. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

note to self...attach '32 grille to the front of the '55 moredoor

15. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

hahahahaha! I have a feeling you might just do it!

straykatkustoms and 3wLarry like this.
  16. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

;)

17. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

18. I don't think I ever sent my registration in. Do you still have room?

19. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We still have room....

20. The '40 stake truck and I should be there sometime Friday afternoon. Don't let me forget to get your Hot Rod Hundred T-shirt to you.

21. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Hey Mick, should I have recd something in the mail re: my pre-registration?

22. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

Great poster design. Weather looks promising. I won't be coming this year. Another medical problem keeps me away this year. Have a great show. I hate the fact I cant come this year. Be savfe to all my Straykat friends.

23. hudson48

hudson48

Well I should have been on my way by now but as you know there were some things I had no control over that prevented me from shipping the car. Hopefully we can look at doing it next year if all the stars line up.
    Have fun and I look forward to seeing the pictures of what I will be missing.

24. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Hey Mick, really looking forward to reconnecting with old friends. I assume the room res is OK, didn't hear back from you. Thanks again for the help there. See you Friday night. Is there going to be a Friday night feed?

25. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Herb you are an important part of the Stray Kat family. You will be greatly missed. I'll have a Stray Kat care package heading your way after the show.... Yes GV your room is all set up and ready for you. Really looking forward to seeing you guys again. It has been too long,,,,,,,@hudson48, Hopefully you can get things worked ou and be able to ship that sweet Hudson. I can't imagine all of the paper work and the headaches. You have a sweet trip planned hopefully next year you can get things worked out.

26. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes we have you on the list. (Registration list) We are looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend.

27. 41 mopar

41 mopar

image.jpg Is it time to unleash the beast?

28. Stiff Ride

Stiff Ride

Ill bring some snickers candy bars for u

41 mopar, drdave and straykatkustoms like this.
  29. Are we there yet?
    Later,
    Dick

bchrismer and straykatkustoms like this.
  30. pecker head

pecker head

Im in , should be there Friday night .