Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The FRAETON - 29 phaeton project

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by PurdueSD, Sep 25, 2014.

1. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

The Phaeton looks great...good to see it on the road!!! It went to the right guy, that body would probably still be sitting in my shop gathering dust.

2. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

The guys @ Mid-West Fab did a Fabulous job on the Tub! You even received a open car baptismal on your 1st weekend out!!!!!!!
    My brother had one some time back and it was passed along several times on the HAMB, the last time I saw it in person was at our PRC-RR, I believe that it had been sold some time after. Congrats, and have fun tearing up the streets in your hometown!!!!!!!!!!

3. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

That's a great little tub you got there. Looks like a blast!!

4. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Your pics make me really want to start in on my tub!

5. Man this thing is bitchen. Well done.

6. Thanks, it would have still been sitting in my shop too... Midwest Fab got her on the road!

We've been terrorizing the neiborhood! Good thing we are moving to the country in a couple weeks ;)

Thanks fellas! Really happy with it myself. Its alot of fun to drive!

7. shadams

shadams

Wow man I dont know how I missed this! I noticed your avatar was different but never considered you were building another car! Just went through the thread and I have to say that this is completely bad ass! The wife and I went to Roundup on Sat for a few hours, she was about to pop (9 mnth preg) so we couldnt stay long but damn I wish I had seen this sooner so I coulda checked it out....

Anyway, great job, maybe see you next year....btw, what happend with the truck?

PurdueSD likes this.
  8. Thanks man! Its been a blast so far! Most of all Congrats on the little one!

We swapped house with my parents a couple weeks ago, we move a little further out to the country back to the house i grew up in and things have been crazy. I lost my shop in the swap, but ill build another one one day. The new place has a 3-car garage that'll do for now. Ive still got the pickup, it is just on the back-burner right now. Ill probably start back up on it this fall if things settle down. Ive gotta get some remodeling stuff squared away first. I hope to make next years roundup, if so... Ill look you up.

Heres a couple pics from this past weekend. Got the car out and cleaned it up. Put some good country miles on her and then took my wife and son across town to steak and shake for burgers and shakes. Had to run from a thunderstorm on the way back home that evening. Best day ever!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Sounds like a great time!

10. What an awesome little hotrod! Fun to go from start to finish in 20 minutes.

@Martin_F I shouldn't have read this thread... :eek:

Tuck likes this.
  11. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Like your tub, you have more leg room in it than a roadster , what tie size did you end up with? I have a 29 tub I bought it from the Greek in Jamestown and love it.

PurdueSD likes this.
  12. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Like you stole'm?

PurdueSD likes this.
  13. Thanks man, tubs are allota fun! 750s/450s.

14. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

image.jpg I have 450/16 & 700/16 on mine. Here is a picture of mine in a field of Bluebonnet

15. I (we) have had so much fun with this little hot rod this year. We did the Louisville NSRA nats and the frog follies most recently. A bunch more miles without a hitch. The most enjoyable times for me are just the trips out through the country near my house though! There's just something healing about the open side pipes bellowing through a cornfield!

The only real issue that has come up being the T spring has settled again and I need a couple more leaves. You guys like pictures right?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Love the pics, can't get enough. Car looks great. Did I see top bows?

17. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It IS A SCHWEEEET RIDE!

PurdueSD likes this.
  18. Thanks guys

Yes sir, hopefully this winter we get that going! Full top, side curtains and a tonneau.

19. It's hot tub weather!

image.jpg

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    sko_ford, Drewfus, T-DeWitt and 4 others like this.
  20. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

I've really enjoyed following your thread with your really cool tub. Thanks for posting. Watching for further updates.

21. I think you have set a new standard for tubs. Buy the way does mom get to drive the tub?

PurdueSD likes this.
  22. Thank you, looking forward to the next step too!

. Mom will, but I've gotta teach her what the third Pedal is for first!

23. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can't wait to say it's "hot tub weather"
    Killer Tub, Cruizin' with your Son...priceless!

PurdueSD likes this.
  24. RussTee

RussTee

smiles all round tells the story great car

PurdueSD likes this.
  25. TERPU

TERPU

Way to go Man!

Loved reading this,

Tim

PurdueSD likes this.
  26. thanks guys!

Put this together this morning just for fun. you guys care to weigh in? I'm leaning candy red or the darker red. but something about the gold just does it for me too! [​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  27. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Wheres the dove gray or tan picture?

sko_ford likes this.
  28. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

Check some the original '28 / '29 colors...the dark red looks good to.