Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 4/24/15 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Apr 24, 2015.

1. robber

robber

I dig this piece, Spoggie! Big fins and a little different subject matter... reminds me... Hawks???

Jigger likes this.
  2. robber

robber

cp 352.jpg ..."Disc Jockey"... :)

Cruisin', GaryC., Jigger and 4 others like this.
  3. 110415Rodcol-a1.jpg Hawks are flying dude.. gonna be mega.. thanks

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  4. Here's a seat of the pants digital painting - The StudeJaker Wagon.
    A *Farkin' great show guys!
    [​IMG]

5. Yard art at my friend Ray's................. ray yard art 3 hamb art.jpg

6. robber

robber

GaryC. likes this.
  7. robber

robber

I don't remember seeing that one ever, Spoggie... mega sweet collage of colors and forms, mate!

Spoggie likes this.
  8. Welcome to Wacom Marc, nice, nice work!

My recent Stude. No color yet.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    Merlin, beebing, Mark A and 6 others like this.
  9. quidnunc

quidnunc
    from pittsburgh

Spoggie and GaryC. like this.
  10. robber

robber

I'm enthralled by your P-39 concept, Jigger! When you merge a bullet nose with fins, it becomes the epitome of what automakers were striving for in the 50's... the jet age and aerospace look! When I see the side profile, it does indeed look like it should fly :). I'd like to see a Starlight nose merged to the tail of a '60 buick sometime too! Cheers!

Spoggie and Jigger like this.
  11. robber

robber

Your picture oooozes COOL, beebing... and I love the coining of "Studejaker"! I want one! :)

12. Thank you , that was my very intent. I think, if I were using the Buick rear, as you suggest, I’d run a smoothe line down off the fenders and begin to tapper toward s th e buick contourson the doors. Play up the fuseloge feel. The fins would also flow from the doors back and probably use the same pontoon type way of blending them into the rear end so teh tail light hosings float out away from the body. But that’s just me.

Spoggie and robber like this.
  13. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

I want to get something in tonight just in case we get unstickied, but didn't have time to finish so you just get a WIP this week. If we stay stickied for another day or two I'll post the finish, or at least more progress. I bought a new toy a couple weeks ago, a Surface Pro 3 tablet and loaded it with Artrage software and decided to tackle a quick sketch based on a photo I took at a car show. I've only blocked in the main shapes so far, now to zoom in and refine shapes and add details; digital-sketch-car-wip.jpg

David

14. GaryC.

GaryC.

Thanks for the comments and 'likes' on my LSR car. Very appreciated.
    Spoggie,; I love the football scene and the bubble custom is outstanding.
    Spex84s roadster and coupe are great as well. Super show everyone!

Spoggie, robber and Mark A like this.
  15. Thanks for the comments Mark and Robber.
    Mark, that P-39 concept is wild. I love the fastback's bumperettes and the headlights. What are the headlights off of? (39 Ford or Dodge?).
    Gary C, the H-2 would of been Hughes "wa...wa...wave of the future" (if you saw the movie "Aviator", you know what I'm talking about). Nice concept, the fuselage in the cockpit area reminds me of the F-14
    When in the Navy, many times on the flight deck; I got my eyebrows burned when that baby hit afterburner at the cats.

robber, Jigger and Spoggie like this.
  16. Thanks Gary. Hey, Robber- 50,000 watch Power Holeshot hold off Hawk streak to win; 99 v 91.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
    robber likes this.
  17. :)
    Thanks. We need to kidnap CustomCory & realkustom51 and bring them back into the FAS lounge..

Thanks All 4 this FAS.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
    robber and Jigger like this.
  18. A bit off topic but this was my project car for this week;a 1903 Curved Dash Oldsmobile that had to be completely re-striped in gold. The body and fenders were single stripe but the chassis and running gear was all triple stripes. Sometimes you have to get into odd ball positions to do this. My 70 plus year old body was protesting very much.I am recuperating today.

Attached Files:

19. To close off this set...
    '36 @ 4 o'clock
    IMG_4812ortcropcc50bwpololite.jpg

20. Mark A

Mark A
    from Michigan

Another Amazing Art Show. Thank for all the likes an complements. Highly appreciated.

21. robber

robber

You said it was gonna be mega, Spoggie! ;)

22. Thank you for all the likes gang.
    Mark, thank you, this wa sa fun one. The bumperettes are ’53 Corvette, issued out back. The headlights are ’38 Ford lenses in modified ’38 Willy’s bezels.

23. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

Since we are still stickied I'll post an update.
    digital-car-sketch-wip-a.jpg
    I never intended to get this detailed, this is taking way more time than I planned on.

24. like those

25. sololobo

sololobo

dang gang, what a cool show, thanx to all

Jigger likes this.