Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Cloth covered spark plug wire

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shamus, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

image.jpg Finally found wire tha will work with a HEI distributor. 7.8 mm from brillman.com. With a little effort & patience it will go thru the Speedway looms for a flathead Ford/Merc

2. ^^^ it sure does !!! ^^

Is that an air conditioning line in the lower right ? Who knew ? Flatheadwith AC ... hmmm ... nice.

3. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

A/C on a flathead? Shameless. (sorry, couldn't resist...) Beautiful wire & loom work! Love those Raja terminals...

mgtstumpy likes this.

4. 54vicky

54vicky

excuse the slobber

5. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i checked out the brillman web site--lots of interesting stuff. used to run "super rajahs" in the '60s and they worked great--brillman has them. Scan0005.jpg

6. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Nice and clean ,thanks for the link.

7. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Shamus that is nice looking set of wires! I am glad you posted this today. I just discovered that I need to replace my fancy see through red wires with some resistor wires so that my tach will function correctly. Thanks for posting the Brillman site.

8. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

[QUOTE[​IMG]="Atwater Mike, post: 10956690, member: 723"]A/C on a flathead? Shameless. (sorry, couldn't resist...) Beautiful wire & loom work! Love those Raja terminals...[/QUOTE[​IMG]]

Most don't notice , Jack & Daniel did a great job[​IMG] at hiding most of it!! - would it be even more shameless if I IMG_5517.JPG get-attachment.aspx.jpeg told U it also has heated seats?? At 73 my old body gets hot & cold!!!

9. Boxcar's 1928

Boxcar's 1928

Is the dryer in there as well as the lines....very nice details

kidcampbell71 and Texas Webb like this.
  10. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have found that careful routing of the tach signal wire from the distributor (way around the fenders, and NOT anywhere near the engine) will eliminate that problem.

It's worth a try.