Register now to get rid of these ads!

Take back Central AZ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tri-Powerguy, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Bmartin

Bmartin
    from mesa,az

Any cruising going on this weekend? I figured with Good Guys in town, it might be a better turn out. I know the pavillions will be packed but I'm sick of sitting in parking lots. Maybe some of the local hot rod shops have something going on.

2. AZ DESERTDOG

AZ DESERTDOG

I think most will be at Good-Guys this weekend, especially Saturday, Pavillions will be packed. Don't forget we also have NASCAR in town this weekend!

I almost have my truck back together, I'm trying to make Good-Guys Saturday. I've seen a few members on here try and put together a little gathering/cruise on Central from time to time, I'd be interested in meeting with some you folks down there.

3. Bmartin

Bmartin
    from mesa,az

If I find anything, I'll post up and see if there is any interest. Worst case, I can check out the show.

4. Bmartin

Bmartin
    from mesa,az

Anyone heading out the to the 'Cruise on Central' this weekend? I should be out there at about 11. Forecast looks great!

5. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

I will be in Tucson on saturday for drag race and Unique Little car show

6. Mike

Mike

Not sure if I want to dust off my little red clown nose and big, floppy clown shoes and participate in this circus.

Probably I'll just watch from the patio at the George & Dragon.

need louvers ? likes this.
  7. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Or come down to Tucson and play with the cool kids...

8. Bmartin

Bmartin
    from mesa,az

I know that its a bit of a free for all, but at least there are people out cruising. You just don't get much of that anymore, its all been shutdown. The nice thing is you can come out, enjoy what you can and leave.

The nostalgia drags look cool. Have a good time.

9. mopacltd

mopacltd

You guys still plan on doing the run on 4/25? I've got the wife talked into driving her '55 on a field trip.

10. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Any of you dorks wanna get on it this weekend? Saturday. Old McDonald's. 7 o'clock. Let's make a lap or two and go get some of those Mexican hot dogs Chip's been promising me.

11. Why not do the hot rod hundred?

12. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Cause I'm a dork and not in the loop....

13. Mike

Mike

Why not do both?

14. mopacltd

mopacltd

I have a funeral to attend tomorrow. So the Hot Rod Hundred is out for the wife and I.

15. '59DaddyO

'59DaddyO

So how is it going, getting many cruisers coming out, hassles with the law? Small turnouts? big turnouts? What's the scoop guys?

16. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Saturday nights. Sundown. Old McDonald's. It's called Burger Rush nowadays... see you there.

Attached Files:

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  17. squirrel

squirrel

dang I shoulda come out last night, I'm in town with my Chevy II. Will be racing today at WHP, racing starts at 10.

18. mopacltd

mopacltd

Is that every Saturday night?

19. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

That's the plan.

20. AZ DESERTDOG

AZ DESERTDOG

How many cars/trucks out there on Saturday and what time does most of the crowd show up?

21. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

There has been a varying number of cars... usually a dozen or twenty. There would be more if you guys came over! The official, unofficial meet up is sundown.

22. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

A few of the rides that showed tonight. There were lots more.

Attached Files:

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

No problem with police at all. Matter of fact, they have found the restaurant that we are basing this out of, and about mid evening they are walking around looking at at the cars most weekends. Any where between 15 and 30 cars per weekend. Tiny for around here, when Pavillions out on Scottsdale draws as much as a thousand cars a night, and on the west side of town on the same night they draw 600 or so each week. Now it's time to let those folks know that Central is back!

Every Saturday night about sunset.

24. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Words getting out.... had a handful of VW guys tonight in addition to the usual cast of characters. Last weekend a few really, really nice lowriders happened by. Here's a couple of stolen pics....

Attached Files:

25. Topspeed

Topspeed
    from Peoria, Az

Hello! Are you folks still meeting on Central on Saturday evenings?

26. squirrel

squirrel

I meant to go see if I could find anyone last night, but I was too tired....and I couldn't find this thread when I searched for it. Oh well.

(up in Phx this weekend playing with my kids)

27. Hey, the Burger Rush joint they were meeting at closed its doors unexpectedly so last night everyone met at the 5&Diner on 16th just north of Camelback until they can find a new spot just because they are hot rod friendly. I didn't make it out until after 8 so I just cruised central a bit. But as of right now that's where you can find them next week, if the location updates I'll come back and post.