Register now to get rid of these ads!

The last Grasp Special '34 3 window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whodaky, Mar 23, 2012.

1. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Julie also had the Monday off. So this was the day she would tour us around to see some of the sites around Auckland. In our travels we dropped in to see some people that Tony had met on his previous trips to New Zealand and who had also spent time in Australia.
    We also had lunch at a big shopping centre where we bought some gifts.
    Once again won't describe what we did, I will just show images; not that I took that manythis particular day.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

More images from the Monday.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Great to meet you both.hope you both had a great time in NZ

4. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

image.jpg Just being a tourist

5. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Hey Steve, it was a pleasure to meet you. Thanks for showing us your garage. You do great work.
    We had he best time in New Zealand.
    Tom I thought you were supposed to be working?

Geoff aka whodaky

PS please take no notice of the reflection in the window. This is all just Tom's and my imaginations running wild. Those imaginations tend to overlook the little details at times. That's my story and I am sticking to it!!!!!

[​IMG]

jocktherock likes this.
  6. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

Very cool whodack. I was actually working today Sunday I was travelling into Dallas from fort worth where I'm staying and decided to check the place out I had lunch at the gas monkey bar and grill I saw this Chev parked out front. Sorry can't upload?? But anyway I'm back in fort worth at a place called the stockyards and whilst in a bar having a lone star I bump into all these hotrodders from Austria that just came in from the lone star round up that happened this weekend. I am just wondering how im going to make it back to my hotel tonight?!?

7. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

I told you its a bloody world wide epidemic !

jocktherock likes this.
  8. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Tommy.Whats that old saying?Oh yeahhhhhhhhhhh."You meet the nicest people on a honda ERRRRRRRRRRRR in a hot rod.Hehehe.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

9. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

image.jpg This is the bar where I met all those Austrian hotrodders. They where all so cool I had to leave my hire car here take a cab back to the hotel and a cab back at 530 to pick up my car to go into work ! Hey what happens in Texas stays in Texas right !!! I'm actually posting again from this very same bar!

fnjunk and 509garyd like this.
  10. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

ah ha. Just so long as your enjoying yourself, Tom. That's the main thing!!!

Geoff aka whodaky

11. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Tony got the roadster in line at Julie and Mike's to get it washed.
    I hope Julie and Mike's grandson, Lincoln doesn't see this. He'll wonder why we didn't give him a ride in our hot rods!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  12. Tracey lookin' fine by that wide 5 3W. ANZAC thoughts with Kiwi brothers & sisters this week.

13. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Mine got washed earlier!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  14. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Well said re the Anzacs, Spoogie.
    Tracy was in the right place at the right time and I can never resist a great photo opportunity! Will repost the image to let people know what we are talking about!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

15. Good one Geoff, I guess Tony needed to get the roadster washed after that big trip across to NZ

Hey Tommy that bar that you happen to find yourself hanging out in looks like a real cool place, have beer for me buddy and perhaps you need to get yourself a western hat.

16. You must have washed your coupe really good Geoff it now appears to be a cream colour again...

17. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Gary don't ask me how Tony managed to get his roadster down the bottom of Hannah and Tim's driveway, when all the other hot rods got there before him??? Go figure???
    I think it is something in the water over there Gary. It's OK, we'll just paint it again!!!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

18. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Well Geoff, I really wish one day that I can take the roadster to N.Z, as since owning that roadster I have meet lots of people that know of it over there. Geoff and Gary today I started working with Mark at the trim shop, another milestone for me . It was a hard day on my back pain as I did 7 hours and he told me to come back next Tuesday. I am really sore but I am really happy .

19. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Yeah Tony, it would be a great thing to take the roadster over there. In many ways, for you, the many people over there that know the history of your roadster and most importantly for the Kevin Dolores family..

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  20. Wardog

Wardog

Tony, good on you for getting back to work. I know a few people with back trouble and my brother actually had surgery on his, it's not fun for anyone. But getting back to work can be a good thing both physically and mentally. Take it easy and look after yourself.

21. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Just another day in NZ?

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

22. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

image.jpg Not an early I know, but still bloody exciting to find !! One for you stove bolt

Stovebolt likes this.
  23. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

I'm hitting this guy up for the hub caps they are really cool can some id these for me please

24. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Hey Tom. Still looking for that special something?
    Bernie's coupe was good inspiration for us, so I wondered what it would look like beside our 3W.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

25. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

OEM 54 Chev Belair Hubcaps - I believe you can get the center caps new - National Chevy Assos'n in the US.

whatcha gunna put 'em on?

26. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I got a short letter from Rita and Tony's daughter Renee', the other day. In it was contained a couple of really neat photos, one of all the grandchildren in the back of my pickup and the other of me holding Mabel Rose ( very carefully I might add ). Very special shots taken at Easter. Also included were some really neat drawings Spencer T and Jude did for Margaret and I.
    In return I shot off an email with the image below. I said to Renee', when I was down there at Easter, Tony, the boys and myself had spent a morning out in the driveway way 'playing cars' ( with real hot rods ). Of course I took over 100 images as we 'played', many of which featured the boys. I also said to Renee' I would get them printed and send them ( the printing is in the works as we speak).
    Actually the driveway shot above, was taken when we ' played cars'. Only thing is, Spencer T is going to be scratching his head. Thinking I can't remember the red and white 3W being there that day!
    Anyhow the shot below I have played with to get The Last Grasp Special looking a bit more complete. This will be the first time Tony has seen this shot, I am sought of thinking he may like it and perhaps may even comment?

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 and jocktherock like this.
  27. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

Whodack I just love that jake inspired 3 window coupe, I'm desperately trying to find a 37 truck grille now.. That's the special thing I'm looking for!
    Stove the caps if I decide to get them will be for the wall a reminder of my great time in Fort Worth. You know how it goes we accumulate way to much more than we can consume !

28. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Tom there is one here if you really want it! I have only had it about 35 years. So if I was going to make use of it, it would have happened by now!

Geoff aka whodaky

29. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

30. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

We'll will work something out Tom.

Geoff aka whodaky