Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The 2015 Lonestar Round Up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

The 2015 Lonestar Round Up

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Lazy A, Cyclone_racer and Sprout like this.
  2. draider

draider
    from Texas

Damn good time as always, overwhelmingly good. Glad to have been a part of everything, including the #3 release party.

3. Sounds as if the weather prognosticators were wrong about the storms during the show,,thankfully! HRP

4. Great coverage as always @Ryan!

5. seatex

seatex

What a kick ass weekend! This was the best LSRU yet.....................can't wait for the Coonass Roundup in October! "Aiyeeeee, ya'll!)

6. Your old 32 Pickup was there. I didn't get a pic, but then again you probably know what it looks like. @HOTRODPRIMER

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. I think you pulled off another great event and the photos are outstanding - who wouldn't want to attend a gathering like that.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

From the sound of it and seeing Tom's and other's photos it looks like I missed a great one this time. Maybe next year we can get in a road trip to See family in Austin on that weekend.

9. Been on the lookout all weekend and today for the book to pup up here at the store. When should we expect the ability for purchase?
    Gotta say that I could use a little less chop on those model as, but to each their own. Loved the coverage!

10. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

We had a great time. My daughter Bella was treated to the VIP treatment, and she was smiles and had fun wherever we went. The dinner at the SaltLick and intermingling with everyone involved in the show was fun. Can't thank Brian and Steve and the rest of the club for helping bring us down for probably one of the best shows we've ever attended. hope to come down next year. Thanks, Ken, Belinda, and Bella Carvalho

11. ryno

ryno

damn fine job by all involved.
    the new jj#3 is awesome also, good job. you fellas should be proud.glad i was able to pick up a copy.

12. Great coverage Ryan. Looking forward to Wednesday to order the book online.

13. 46stude

46stude

It was a great show. I do recall a heavy, albeit short lived, downpour near the end of the day Friday at the Fairgrounds. Like 30 mins or so. Got stuck in the Saturday hail whilst attempting to leave Congress to head to A.S.S. for their shindig. We survived.

14. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

(K)No(w)body
    (K)No(w)here

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  15. Lately i've been wondering what the story was with C Boy's,
    your article prompted me to google to the website.
    Wow!, Very cool!
    Steve Wertheimer does things right.

Anticipating ordering and reading JJ #3

16. Hah, caught in the act! Id love to have a copy of that night shot of us in the tub of you'd be willing to share it. Thanks Ryan! Your book rules!

17. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Excellent shots, Ryan.

18. wex65

wex65
    from WV

Ryan, it was good finally getting to put a face to the name, meeting you in Austin.

The event was a blast, as was the trip to/from there.

19. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Ryan I cant thank you enough for the award! Truly means alot to be recognized.... Funny, Just as you wrote it I had no intent on winning a award but it sure felt good. I built my roadster on collected parts for years and never thought once of winning anything. thanks again Ryan

20. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Funny, between the two of you rest two of my favorite cars at the event and on the grass...

wex65 likes this.
  21. Billy54

Billy54
    from Houston

Dynamite...nah only "homemade fireworks" by Los Cochinos.

22. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

What a weekend from start to finish. I love it when the streets of Austin fill up w our cars. This was a banner year for cars from all over the country converging on our town. And so many great cars in attendance. God seemingly does love hot rod and custom car shows as the show played out w/o alot extra excitement although the anxiety was everpresent until Sunday morn when the it was clear as a bell. But we made it thru and I want to thank everyone for coming in and making this show one of the best in the country. All the extracurricular events like the book releases, shop parties, garage crawls, Bar-B-Qs, and all the others that I may be forgetting or don't even know about really add to the big picture of this event. Can't wait to take this circus to Lafayette in October.

23. Yeah,I heard Henry was there with the truck. HRP

24. Steve
    Thank you for all you and your club do to make the Round Up happen. We had a great time this year just like years past. Look forward to the lafayette event it is local to me. Gary

25. seatex

seatex

Kudo's to the Kontinentals! Badass show, start to finish!

26. Funny you should chime in, I was just getting ready to put up a request for more pics of your car. Instead, I'll be trawling through your posts...