Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Anyone interested in a Houston HAMBer's Meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gwhite, Jan 11, 2013.

1. wino01

wino01

We will be there.

2. aldixie

aldixie

There is a Friday/Saturday night meet now in Deer Park. It's held in the Harbor freight parking lot on Spencer. Been a couple of times now and it's getting bigger. Many years ago it use to be held in the Albertsons parking lot and then Kroger before it was run off. Let's hope this doesn't go the same way.

3. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

This Saturday is the Lone Star Deluxe car show in Texas City. Who's going.

4. texag09

texag09

Dad and I will be there, all of my HAMB friendly cars in non-op currently but we are taking his 70 Stang down there.

5. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Kim and I will be there! Rain or shine!

6. aldixie

aldixie

Will be there, without car again. Ran out of time. I did have a trailer booked to try and get it there but bad coolant leak I can't track down and problem with power steering pump burping out all of its fluid. Pissed.

7. I'm going to be there.

8. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

Breakfast at Kelley's sound great. Address, 1100 N Hwy 35 just north of 517 which is just north of Hwy 6 in Alvin. How's 8:00 sound. Bob & I will be there.

9. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Gonna head out a bit early, but we will see you guys there!

10. silverjk

silverjk
    from Houston

Houston Heights Cars with Coffee group is meeting up this Sunday if anyone is nearby and feels like dropping by. We will be meeting up at 9AM at Hugs & Donuts, a new donut shop on 19th street between Shephard and Durham. Eclectic mix of cars but I would love to see more HAMB friendly rides show up.

11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Have fun at Lone Star Deluxe, guys. I have to work.:(

12. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Fred!!!??? Where the hell have you been??? Tried calling you a bunch of times!!!!

13. Alex how was the trip home, did your car run any cooler?

14. Glad to see you are still around.

15. aldixie

aldixie

Hi Gregg,
    Didn't make it that far. Electric fan stopped working and engine over heated. To be on the safe side called AAA and had it recovered home. Didn't take long and was a free recovery. Fan must of stopped working on the way down and as soon as my speed reduced it had puked out all of the coolant.

I found out today that I am missing a bypass hose. I have Vortec 202 Heads on a pre 87 block. I need to run a bypass hose from the top of the water pump to the front of the manifold. With out it air gets trapped in the system and it will not cool properly.

Changed over to the remote solenoid on the starter now. I was getting a big voltage drop on the junction block and even worse when everything was hot. Starts a lot better now. I've also moved the computer to under the dash and had to adjust the fuel regulator to 43 psi as it was too low at 20 psi for the system. Just teething problems. It sure was fun driving it, now I need to get some radial tires for it and some wider ones on the rear.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  16. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

Don't fill bad Fred, Bob & I didn't get to stay all day. here's some pictures that may make your day.

Attached Files:

17. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

WHOA! That's some bad ass eye candy! Thanks.

18. Who the heck is this "Fred" guy, some kinda newbie or something?

19. Anything happening this week? I'm in Cypress for the week, thanks.

20. Good morning Houston Hambers. Anyone know of a media blaster in the Houston metro area who has reasonable pricing and knows what they are doing when it comes to sheet metal? Have a safe Memorial Day.

21. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Try this again

22. Check with Txturbo, he might be willing to help you out, he has or knows someone with a dustless blaster.

23. aldixie

aldixie

There is someone on local Craigslist, I think they are located Baytown area.

24. brooksinc1976

brooksinc1976
    from P-Town

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1432759825.570161.jpg i used him on my 53. And was happy. He does industrial and sometimes does it on the side for cash. On the south side. He has some hot rods and know what to do.

25. aldixie

aldixie

This is the one on CL

Attached Files:

26. Googled Precision Dustless Sandblasting today and found out the are off of 59 between Sugarland and Rosenberg. They have a good web site too.

27. SpazTaztic

SpazTaztic

Hey guys- we have a fellow H.A.M.B.er (leadfoot85) that is fixing to raffle his car to support his ministry. He and his family will be moving, so they are selling their house and raffling his car to fund it. I am still getting the details from him, but so far tickets are $100 a piece- car will be featured at "Cruisin' Silsbee" in Silsbee, Texas October 9th. I believe they are selling tickets through then. I will post more when I have the rest of the details. Here is a picture of his car. Paint is new as of April of this year, same with all the shine on it. Interior is new as of a couple of months ago.

~Spaz a.k.a. Dave

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  28. silverjk

silverjk
    from Houston

anyone going to Burnout?

29. txturbo

txturbo

Did you find someone?