Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The FRAETON - 29 phaeton project

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by PurdueSD, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Bader2

Bader2

Goddam! This thing looks great! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1428547178.520084.jpg ya gotta love a phaeton!

ratrodrodder and Dannerr like this.
  2. So, we had a mad thrash to get the car finished for the roundup. The fenton intake manifold turned out to be the issue and cost us a lot of time, but we endured! Headed south to austin first thing tomorrow! Didn't want to leave you guys hanging...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Taking my dad for a spin!

[​IMG]

Then the first family tub ride!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. A Boner

A Boner

What's that list.....looks like about 3 years worth of work to me.

The TUB looks fantastic!

6. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Very cool, what a great feeling to have it out on the street!

7. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Amen to that! way to go.

8. gregaustex

gregaustex
    from Austin

Way too cool! I'll look for this build at Roundup on Friday.

How does someone from Evansville, Indiana get a Round Rock Dragons high school T-shirt? Just curious as to your Austin connection.

9. Thanks man!

Thanks!, the list was just a to do list.

Surreal!

thanks man!

hah, that's jeff. He grew up in Austin, now works with bob at Midwest fabrication. I'm the one in the hats.

10. [​IMG]

Touch down in Austin!

11. brad2v

brad2v

Awesome. Neat car, have fun.

12. No top? How's the lobster skin? :D

13. Austin is a pretty overwhelming place to break in a car with 10 miles on it. I was a bit overwhelmed when we got into town to put it mildly. After a couple hours, I finally got the nerve up and we took the car for its first little jaunt. What better a place than south congress traffic, right? The tub performed flawlessly!

[​IMG]

The next day we hopped in the tub (now with about 15 miles on the clock) and headed 48 miles out of town out to Taylor Texas for the kickoff BBQ. The meatheads put on an awesome spread, great food, music and cars! Found the perfect spot, right behind the Roy D Drapal coupe.

[​IMG]

Found this shot on Instagram from @ barett_w

[​IMG]

To be continued...

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
    DylanHill1931 likes this.
  14. Nice! First time out at a big event; can't get much better than that.

15. Awwww man, I love it. Have a great time at the Roundup.

16. Ventured out to c-boys for the jalopy journal#3 release party. Bought a copy of Ryan's book. It's awesome!

[​IMG]

Friday morning we headed out to the roundup for what turned out to be a great day. Lots of great feedback on the phaeton and got to meet a lot of really down to earth people.

This pic is from @jneaggie on Instagram

[​IMG]

Found this one from @
    [​IMG]

On the way back to south Austin sky looked like this...

[​IMG]

Which lead to us getting absolutely soaked and probably having one of the best times of the whole trip! It's not a hot rod if you're afraid to use it! We made so many peoples day on that drive back. Everybody was pointing and laughing, we just laughed back!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. gregaustex

gregaustex
    from Austin

I got a good look at your tub while listening to Dale Watson. Great looking car and glad you had a good time in Austin!

18. T-DeWitt

T-DeWitt

What a bitchin hot rod tub.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Way to get out on the road, the "soaked" picture tell the story, congratulations!

20. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

There are so many rad details on this car. I absolutely love it!! You guys rule and that car is totally badass!

PurdueSD likes this.
  21. alchemy

alchemy

Did you have to pull the tub's drain plug after the shower?

22. Thanks so much everybody!

Paul that means a lot coming from you! Great getting to meet you and really awesome to check out your coupe in person! Talk about details, like I said your car was a big inspiration for me! Can't wait to see what Piero comes up with!

23. Saturday at the roundup was much more busy. They weather held and it was another great day! The crowd flocked to the show and we had a great spot right by the stage at the Midwest Fabrication booth. Had the honor of hearing the complete Tweetie Pie roadster story and got to speak with Roy D Drapal... both stories will give you goosebumps! So many nice cars, vendors and people!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  24. nickk

nickk

This is such a awesome phaeton, I'm not even going to lie, I've never been a fan of them until now. I love it!

25. We stuck around for an extra day after the roundup was over. turned out to be the best day of the whole trip. We slept inn for starters. The wife had a couple things she had been wanting to do, so we hopped in the car are drove out of town to the wildflower park. Nothing better than getting the stink eye from environmentalists while cackling around the parking lot on a Sunday morning. My tub isn't exactly quiet, so it was pretty funny. Had a great time before meeting up with some buddies at "Juan in a Million" for some breakfast burritos. If you haven't had The Don Juan, you haven't lived!

Later that night we headed out to Mercury Charlies to meet up with the crew. A headlamp had called it quits, so we swapped that out in preparation for a night out in the Hill Country. I threw the keys to Bob, so He and Jeff could enjoy the payoff of there hard work and long nights. Here's the whole Midwest fab crew, getting ready to head out.

[​IMG]

Dinner was absolutely amazing and the parking lot drooled of cool cars built by amazing talents. A quick glance across the room at the who's who of traditional hot rodding, assured me all of this couldn't have really happened.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As amazing as dinner was, the best part of the whole trip, just might have been that drive back to town through the hill country. The temperture had dropped. Listening to the pipes bellow through that stretch of country was pretty damn incredible... 10 miles on the clock on the odometer when we set out on our Texas journey. The car performed flawlessly all week and we had the most amazing trip of our lives!

Bob Bleed and Jeff Peterson Rule!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  26. [​IMG]

Photo credit Dan Greenberg.

27. verde742

verde742

As usual I started at the Last NUMBER,
    Love yer Tub !!!

You probably covered it already, but gotta ask, ( how far did you move front seat back ? )
    then I will go to #1 and read front to back.

28. Thanks!

Thank you! 3.5" and ditched the springs for 3" of foam. I'm very comfortable in there!

29. verde742

verde742

Got it, Page 1 thanks, It is so neat,,Love it !!!
    Had my gas tank right were you got yers. Buick that hit me bounced off the big 16 inch tires, hardly touched the sheet metal. No Problem !!