Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My official 1959 Ford F100 build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blake84, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Looks pretty good. Only thing I would have done different is to paint the clutch and master cylinders black or grey.

2. Blake84

Blake84

Thanks. I still may. I was trying to make everything "disappear".

3. el diablo

el diablo
    from Norco CA

Your 59 is coming along nice man. I dig the big body lines around the wheels and the way it looks when it's layed out.

4. Crookshanks

Crookshanks

Runnin' like a Singer! Always fun watching them run sans valve cover.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

5. Willie60

Willie60
    from San Jose

Wow I love your truck!! Good JOB!! keep it coming

6. n847

n847

I'm a big fan of the Duplicolor engine paint (cast coat grey) If you shoot it on stuff like your master cylinders, and even suspension components and clear coat it, it hardens up tough as nails! I even misted it on my intake manifold then cleared it. I've had several people ask me if it was powder coated.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I'm glad to see this build thread I love this truck and I've only seen the "other" threads so I'm glad to see you got one minus the drama. I hope everything has worked out for ya!

7. VonKool13

VonKool13

Heres what I did with my phone on a pic I really liked. I just couldnt stand the damn late model in the driveway behind your truck.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

8. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

subscribed. looking good man

9. greaseguy62

greaseguy62

Makes me miss my old 60 I had to sell a while back. Just picked up a 62 unibody even though deep down I think the 57-60 looks cooler. Badass truck bro

10. na_sepulveda

na_sepulveda
    from california

Quick question for you what size wheels and tires did you go with i really like the look. I have a 58 and just installed a tci mustang 2 and rear 4 link. I am in dire straights trying to find a tire size that will give it the tucked in look, and yours does it perfectly. great looking truck
    nick

11. Blake84

Blake84

TIRES ARE BF GOODRICH 8.20x15 bias ply tires!

12. na_sepulveda

na_sepulveda
    from california

So those bfg 8.20 x15 bias ply tires are sitting on a 6 inch rim.

13. Unibodyguy

Unibodyguy

Thanks for sharing the tip on the engine paint!

14. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

Read your thread, really like what you've done to your truck, gave me a few ideas for mine. Thanks!

15. Blake84

Blake84

It's been a while since any updates because I have been working on the 50 shoebox. Fellow hamb member 53olds sent me an email that my truck was being sold on tshirts and come to find out KOHLS was the store selling it. I didn't want money but did ask for 100 tshirts for my friends and they were more than happy to fulfill my order. They had the designer call me to apologize and I said " for what that's a huge compliment to me, I just want 100 shirt to give to my friends and family". So it all worked out. Here's the shirt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Blake84

Blake84

Also did some pics with my fiancé and truck

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. email man

email man

What a wonderful job man

Dear Blake84
    I have 1960 ford f 250, and i need horn ring like yours
    Do you know where can I find it ?

[​IMG]

My Ford
    [​IMG]

18. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

Awfully pretty girl Blake! Congrats on your engagement.

I contacted you about a year ago on your seat upholstery. I'm ready to do my seat now and I'm wondering how yours has held up? Are you still happy with it?

19. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

Blake you have a real nice ride there!! been watching it for a while. cheers! no my problem is i have a stuck hood latch on my 59 panel....any ideas to get it open?? pics??

20. Blake84

Blake84

Thank you. I have no idea how to open a stuck hood latch? I have the 223 I would probably go under the car and up through the engine bay check out what's going on inside hahaha. I literally could fit

21. Haha I remember those days with my 58...not anymore with the 60 and 292.

22. I love your truck.. I just bought a 58 and your thread is giving me all kinds of ideas.

23. GrandpaLew

GrandpaLew

24. GrandpaLew

GrandpaLew

Did you clear your truck to hold the color?

25. ruckus2115

ruckus2115
    from Washington

just found this thread as i sit here bored at work....truck looks awesome. i know i am bringing back an old thread but did you keep your front end bagged with the new suspension? have any pics?

26. Blake84

Blake84

I did keep it bagged with a new set up from no limit engineering. I just recently sold the truck for a great price and shipped it off to Australia. I have pics somewhere. If I come across them Ill throw them up for you.

27. Cooon

Cooon

Do you still have your shoebox? Have seen a few vids of it, looks awesome.

Any plans now you have sold the 59?

28. Blake84

Blake84

Shoebox is literally as we speak in the paint booth. Guy is meeting my deadline to have it for Sunday car show I'm throwing. All new chrome and paint on the shoebox for Sunday. Prob going to hold off on another car for a bit unless the right one comes across!

Cooon likes this.
  29. Cooon

Cooon

Sweet good stuff. I am in the early stages of bagging mine, will have my front set up similar to yours, does it ride alright? Anything else you would do different if you did it again? Shoebox I am meaning by the way.

Cheers man!

30. Hello, truck looks AWESOME!! My husband recently finished rebuilding his 1959 Ford F100, and when I saw your thread, I just had to drop you a line. In fact, after reading your page, I thought my husband must be living a double life! You sound just like him when talking about your truck and the various projects you have going on for it. I'm going to send a link to my hubby too so he can tell you all about his baby and you can tell him about yours! Basically my husband bought two 59 F100's, one for the frame, the other for a lot of the engine parts, though he ended up buying a bunch of parts anyway. No worries though, his love for his truck can't be bought, and not he is pay of a vintage car club, and basically, just having too much fun!
    Anyway, enjoy the pictures of his truck and I'm sure you'll hear from him before long!
    Stacey
    F100 Widow

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2017