Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects "51 plymouth progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jcs64, Apr 16, 2011.

1. CoreyMetalHead

CoreyMetalHead

What an awesome build! You have some skills for sure! Good motivation to get back in the garage. Keep kicking ass!

2. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Man, you've got a good eye! This is the fun part... makin' it happen!

3. gatz

gatz

What a great build, Jeff...taking something as mundane as an old Plymouth and turning it in to a work of art. Really like the interior. A few details will most likely find their way into my own build (if I ever get to those)

Question re the radiator.
    I've seen these advertised on eBay and noticed the reference to "for manual transmission only";
    yet even in the pics, they show that there are threaded holes in the lower tank. Surprising that they have an integral cooler and not stated as such. I was looking for a radiator for the '40 Chrysler and size-wise, these look like they'd fit and the inlet/outlet fill opening are in the right places. Some of those advertised come with a pusher/puller fan. What is your opinion of the quality? Has it done a good job of cooling?

>well, the neck in that spot would of allowed me to run only a 5" dia fan. Not to mention the company says these rads are for manual trans only and they dont have a tranny cooler built in. So I wanted to see what was in there :-D
    [​IMG]
    <

4. jcs64

jcs64

I havnt had any problems w/ it and it seems to be built pretty solid.
    I was also confused as to why they were saying manual trans only. I actually talked to real live person at one of those auction sites and he pulled one from the box for me to check it out.
    he put me on hold and said he was going to blow into the fitting and confirm it passes thru to the other fitting.
    LOL, I could hear him set down the phone and heard him blowing into the tank!
    He picked the phone back up all out of breath and confirmed the two fittings are isolated from the rad.
    I thanked him and asked if he would ship me a different one since that one was now full of spit :)

We both laughed and he learned something about his product.

jeff

5. Man did that thing turn out sweet. Great work man, you should be proud.

6. barfers

barfers
    from Florida

7. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

just saw this for the first time, very nice build and lots of ingenuity!

8. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

Hey! Just spotted your car in my last copy of Street Rodder (top of page 42, April 15 edition if you missed it). Lookin gooood!

9. jcs64

jcs64

no I didn't see it, thanks for the heads up, I really appreciate it!

jeff

10. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

LOL...hard to miss those Buick headlights in a Mopar... I recognized it from this thread right away.

11. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

I THOUGHT that was your car in Street Rodder! It came out nicely... how 'bout some update shots?

12. jcs64

jcs64

thanks for the compliments, Im a little surprised no one mentioned seeing it in the Street Scene mag too, they did a really nice 4 page feature on it a couple months ago.
    As for updates, there really ar'nt any. I hate to redo work so when I finished the build, I called it done :)

here's some pics I just took last week:
    (these will have to count as updates :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

whtbaron likes this.
  13. jcs64

jcs64

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and i guess there are a couple things new for this year, I detailed up the motor a little bit, and also did up the trunk area.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

14. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

15. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Dude, that car has my jaw on the floor and my tounge hangin' out!!! Beautiful job! Thanks for posting the pics; I don't follow Street Scene, (it was a NSRA news letter last time I saw it in the 80's) so I haven't see any other shots of it.
    Goes to show how good ol' yankee inginuity can take a homely granny car and transform it into a true work of art!

16. jcs64

jcs64

lol, thanks ;-)

yeah, the wife and I joined the nsra this past season just so we could go and show off the new car. Im not too big of a fan of the big shows, but we did have a lot of fun, and there mag aint 1/2 bad .

jeff

17. Jersey Larry

Jersey Larry

Unbelievable job you did on this car. Enjoy it.

18. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

my memory must be worse the n i thought,,, or i missed that issue,,,nice ride,,,hope to se it at YORK PA nsra ???? 2015

19. jcs64

jcs64

We do have a room already booked for York PA and the wife and I are looking forward to it.
    Over the winter we ran into a PA couple while we were in Florida, nice people w/ a chopped '48 Cadillac. Right there , we made plans to head out to York and meet up again.
    If you see me come say hi!

jeff

20. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

That is one beautifully done piece!
    Nice sense of design/vision and I like the details such as the lace print headliner.

Great satisfaction and pride must have come from this and it's deserved!

21. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

ill look for you at york,,,,,have a good trip,,,,

22. jcs64

jcs64

so it looks like all my pics are gone from here but im hoping some of you remember this build! The time has come that i would like to ask for your vote! Im in the running for Speedways Traditional homebuilt heaven award.
    If you would like to vote fore me please go to
    www.good-guys.com/traditionalbuilt-vote
    Im car #8
    thanks guys , I appreciate it!

jeff
    DSC01720.JPG DSC01757.JPG DSC01764.JPG

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  23. You can count on my vote/votes Jeff that car is amazing I am glad you still have it. I missed you last season check my build thread below hopefully my Plymouth will be in paint this season have a Great Day and Good luck! Hobo Jim

1959Nomad likes this.
  24. jcs64

jcs64

thanks! ill deff check out your thread, good to here from you!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  25. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

Done...can't believe I started following this thread in 2011. Nice work.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  26. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

Any more pictures of this car? Or links? They are all blurred out for the most part. Looks like a nice build from what I can see.