Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical NEW HALIBRANDS

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Black and Flamed, Apr 11, 2015.

1. G'day guys,

I've been told that you can't buy new Halibrands anymore from them, is that true ? I've been to their website which is still active.

Regards,

BlacknFlamed

2. aircap

aircap

3. G'day mate,

Yeah I do like the Real Rodders stuff. I'll check them out again.
    Thanks for the feedback.

4. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Were you told this by Halibrand/did you contact them? I believe the "new Halibrand has been up and running for awhile. Availability may depend on what style wheel you're looking for...

5. oj

oj

I bought wheels from Halibrand a few years ago when I built 'Old Bones', they were salty and took a while to get. But they were the real deal.
    Billet Specialties makes a very nice one if you don't need authentic cast wheels.

6. 36 coupe

36 coupe
    BANNED

American Rebel all the way. Very impressed with his quality and service. Placed an order and 10 days later they arrived at my door in Australia. I waited on promises to deliver for over 6 months from one of the above mentioned companies before telling him to jam his order up his arse !
    http://www.americanrebelmfg.com/wheels/

7. uncle buck

uncle buck

I believe American Rebel used to make or at least cast the wheels for one of the above named suppliers and there was a parting of the ways. I also gave up on the supplier I believe post #7 is referring to. American Rebel is the way to go - no BS and Great Quality at a realistic price. American Rebel wheels are also 100% Made in USA

8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

So were these. Halibrands.jpg

9. G'day guys,

Thanks for all the feedback, very much appreciated.

10. I have some Original Halibrands which I would sell and I am just down the road, PM me if you are interested.

11. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

The "Real Rodders Wheels" are nice in person. Nicer than the current crop of (sorta real..!) Halibrand, Halibrands. The real Rodders Wheels are much truer in shape/style.

I have one set of semi-"current Halibrands", several sets of "real" mag. Halibrands...again, if you like the originals, save your nickles and get the Real Rodders Wheels.

Another is the American Rebel Wheels (as mentioned above) that aren't too bad looking, a close second to the Real Wheels.

Mike

12. All American 6

All American 6
    from Sumter, SC

I had good experience with Real Rodders Wheels - 15x15 Big Window Sprints. They facilitated my wheels being widened. Fast delivery.

13. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Used 15x5 and 15x10 Real Rodders Wheels on a customer car a few years ago, they were better quality than some of the (real) Halibrands I've been hording.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  14. All American 6

All American 6
    from Sumter, SC

American Rebel on their facebook page shows they do the finish work on Radir 12 Spoke Spindle Mounts.

AR told me they were close to start making wheels at 15"

15. blazedogs

blazedogs

Everyone has their likes and dislikes .My favorite are the solid steel wheels that accommodate the center hub caps like the Vintage Wheels. There's nothing more nostalgic..