Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Heading out to Gene Winfields in early May - what to see?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bluthndr, Apr 4, 2015.

1. bluthndr

bluthndr

Finally committed to realizing a long time dream to attend Gene Winfield's metal working class and considering going out a day early or staying a day late to check out something related.

I see from the website the Petersen is closed (all year?), and I would die to see Bruce Meyer's collection of Hot Rods, but it looks to be private or at least exclusive.

Is there anything you guys recommend seeing or doing in the LA area for part of a day that won't land a guy from the Midwest in jail?

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What you see and do might depend on if the class is at Gene's shop or at one of the shops in the LA. Area.

3. bluthndr

bluthndr

Sounds like it is at Gene's shop in Mojave, where I will be the 9th and 10th, Saturday and Sunday. I guess flying into LAX is the best option, so I'll be renting a car and staying near there Friday and Saturday nights. I haven't bought the airline tickets yet and trying to decide if I can justify adding a day to enjoy something else. Never having been west of Vegas, I was curious about anything else that should be on my short list.

4. Special Ed

Special Ed

5. bluthndr

bluthndr

That's the stuff! Thanks man