Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical *** March 2015 Banger meet - are you ready for spring?***

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jiminy, Mar 1, 2015.

1. steve hackel

steve hackel

I could use some hydraulic brake "Technical" help installing them on my 30 A' coupe. I am using 39/42 brakes, have new drums-shoes-cylinders-springs-hubs-bearings etc, using a dual master with 1" I.D. bore. I have on older Vern Tardel brake book, but the Wagner part #s he lists are no longer available and the local parts guys can't cross reference the original numbers; the parts stores do not have a brass fitting cabinet that you can go to the size, the type and style needed to fit the hoses that you can no longer buy...:confused: Does anyone have a good useable set of numbers for the front hoses, the front LH junction block to cross over the frames front cross member, the rear hose and what ever junction block (s) I would need for the rear end banjo / torque tube. Since the rear wheel cylinders are 3/16" I would then assume that all the lines would be 3/16" tubing? The last time I did this was 48 years ago when in high school :eek: then, every auto parts store carried everything I needed except the backing plates & hubs and those were at every swap meet I attended. I hope that one of you can help o_O Thanks, Steve

2. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

3. Ask your parts guy/gal to let you see their brake parts and fittings catalog. They don't need to know if your car has a/c, p/s or heated seats.
    There should be a illustrated parts section in the back with all the dimensions, hose lengths, thread sizes, fittings, etc.
    It's been a while since I did this, but that's what I used.

4. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

I just did this setting up my coupe. I googled brake hose and listed fitting sizes. Found a couple of online parts places that listed specs for each hose. I ended up finding an international dump truck hose for the rear and a '68 chev one ton hose for the front. Some of the online parts places show pics too.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. 1928Fordman

1928Fordman

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1427552137.072530.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1427552154.641767.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1427552167.140650.jpg

I saw this head at chickasha. The guy was never at his truck so I never got the chance to buy it. Hope one of y'all picked it up.

It was cast iron. The combustion chambers looked huge so it couldn't of been that high of compression. Anyways thought y'all would like to see it.

6. Any info on this exhaust? Banger exhaust.jpg

Muttley likes this.
  7. 1928Fordman

1928Fordman

It looks home made out of a 35-36 ford driveshaft.

8. Looks great, better than some we have seen.
    Has anyone a picture of a Tri-Y where 1&4 and 2&3 are paired?

John

9. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

John

Most of our stuff is six cylinder We do have one early Abarth four but it is 4 into one. I've had the best luck with "all into one" setups When it's right the megaphone eats itself. Thats why you see so many megaphones with an internal bit inside the end to keep them together

10. The header on that Cragar is made from a Ford driveshaft. The car was formerly owned by Jim Richardson of Bakersfield ca. Probably one of the nicest Cragars around. Jim is not sure just where the header came from but says a swap meet most likely. He sold the car to the present owner a few years ago. I think Jim ran 83 with it. Had a Halibrand quickchange and long Lincoln's. I think he ran 10 to 1 compression. A well built Cragar ,,

11. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

For Ford brake parts any antique Ford parts supplier should be able to fix you up. Look in Hemmings Motor News.

12. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

This is what i came up with on my Non-Ford

Attached Files:

13. Rich,
    Yep, that is what I was thinking.
    How does it compare to a 4 into1 header?
    With the 6 port layout I am not sure much more would help unless reversing the ports.
    This non-Ford is a 6 ports, correct?
    John

14. RussTee

RussTee

HA HA try making a header when you drive on the other side of the road the steering box is right in the way.

15. Russ,
    You guys also spin the water the wrong direction.

J

16. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Not exactly a "tri Y" but it is a 1-4 / 2-3 split. Done so that each primary tube was equal length.

[​IMG]

waxhead and CrazyUncleHarry like this.
  17. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

This is the only header I had on the Plymouth. Can't compare it to anything else. Yes, two intake, four exhaust ports.

18. I really enjoy the eye candy that Rich Fox and Crazydaddyo post on here !! Just plain bitchin' !!

19. CDO,
    That's what I am talking about!!
    That's the Rutherford isn't it? That is a 4 port goes-inta, no?

I was thinking about the 6 port motor configurations without reversing the ports. 2 goes-inta 4 goes outta.
    The Tri-Y would make sense paired up this way.

John

20. Great thread as always. Kinda gotten away from my A coupe and T speedster for a while but this gets the juices flowing again. Thanks.

21. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Yes, it's the Rutherford that is in Pop's truck. 4 ins and 4 outs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Just Frick'en NICE.........
    And it runs pretty damn good as I recall.

John

23. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

It's the end of the month,I am still ready for spring but it seems to have lost its way here in W. Mass.

24. Jiminy

Jiminy