Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Another 2 lane blacktop chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Driveway builder, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Driveway builder

Driveway builder

This is my 55 Two Lane Blacktop clone. I know some people don't like clones... But it's been my dream car since I was 8. Only took 30 yrs to finally have it.
    Got my tunnel ram on this week!!! image.jpg
    image.jpg
    I had to put larger squirters on both carbs and small air cleaners to help choke it a little.
    image.jpg
    I just need the American Racing 200's daisy wheels to make it look right. :)
    image.jpg

2. Donald A. Smith

Donald A. Smith
    from Brook In.

55 chevys rule!!!!!!!!!! well done sir, well done Don near U. S. 30 if only in my dreams.

3. WDobos

WDobos

Look forward to seeing it this summer at cruises or shows

4. Nice job! One of my favourite movie cars. Will you do the sliding plexi windows? ..And of course you need six daisies because you'll have the slicks in the trunk!

-Dave

volvobrynk likes this.

5. slowmotion

slowmotion

6. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Looks great, but those wheels really kill it for me... hope you are going to run the 200s's

Driveway builder and wvenfield like this.
  7. Tony

Tony

IF i were to build a clone of a movie car, that would be one of the top two choices...toss up between the Hot Rod Willys.
    Anyway...
    Your car looks GREAT!!
    Definately needs the 200s's, but damn man it looks good and FUN!!!

Tony

8. I love the look of that car but always disliked the hood scoop,I thought it looked better in American Graffiti with the cal custom style hood scoop. HRP

Moriarity likes this.
  9. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

If I ever built a 55 it would be a clone of the TLB Chevy.........I like that version even better than the American Graffiti version. Never get tired of seeing that car and I love the rockcrusher whine.

I like yours a lot.

Don

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

I think Baron?, had some 200s' for sale

11. Driveway builder

Driveway builder

Thanks! Have the slide windows in, and the Daisy wheels will be here on Friday. I could only afford a set of 4 though. Lol
    image.jpg
    It's kind of hard to see the plexi glass door windows... But they are there. :)

Moriarity likes this.
  12. Is the car a 150? No stainless around the windows, or the beltline.

13. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS
    It's the original shoebox

14. Your car looks really cool. Now all you need is GTO sitting behind it. LOL. Hope to see it in person some time.:cool::D

15. LOL maybe it is not a clone at all, maybe it is just your car, built just the way you like it.

Nice five five by the way, not all cartoony like so many of them that you see.

Driveway builder likes this.
  16. Driveway builder

Driveway builder

Seems, you either like it or hate it... To me it just doesn't look right without it. But I will say, you can't see jack shit when making a right turn. It's not a daily driver so I just deal with it.

17. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

This is one of the things that split car guys. But it wouldn't be a good clone if it was a strong all out drag car with gutted interior and a beautiful smooth and low scoop.

But a AG car in paint with a beautiful interior and that scoop would be a pain in my eyes!!

It's a race car, it dosent need to be that beautiful, because it's bad ass!

Is it a 454? Is it a three pedal? Do you fill it up inside the trunk?

Driveway builder likes this.
  18. Driveway builder

Driveway builder

Lol thanks... I agree! It's suppose to be alittle rough and ugly. It's suppose to be a car a couple of young guys with no jobs built to street race. And yes it has a 454 with tunnel ram... Four speed Muncie, but no fill in the trunk. ;)

volvobrynk likes this.
  19. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

So you know what you need to do next. Get slicks for the trunk and and a filler neck in the trunk.

And a buddy who can sit in the passenger seat and talk about "next time we stop I need to run over the valves", "need to look at the mixture" and how much bread do we have"!

Oh those sweet memory's

JB_roadrage and Driveway builder like this.
  20. Driveway builder

Driveway builder

Hahaha. Yeah, and don't forget the best line ever.... "Make it 3 yards mother fucker, and we'll have an automobile race". Lol image.jpg

JB_roadrage and volvobrynk like this.
  21. Blue Coupe

Blue Coupe

Very nice! You don't have to apologize for anything to anyone concerning the fact you have 30 years invested. Hell, I have owned a 55 2dr SINCE 1982. I have hauled it with me every time I had to move. It still does not even run, but my children all are educated and doing well, and my grandson my want the car. Enjoy your 55!

22. philo426

philo426

Awesome!I made a slot car like it! [​IMG]

23. yruhot

yruhot

Very nice build sir, I also built mine pretty close. it is on the trailer in the left photo and headed to the races. I never cared for the 200's wheel so I went with the torque thrusts. Tunnel ramed 468 no 4 speed. love them but after knee surgeries it's a turbo 400 with 9inch ford in rear. little nitrous and we got it to go 12.28 ets. Got a 572 with supercharger in the works next. That should really make my dental work rattle and my liver quiver.lol. Let me see if I can do the photo thing.YRUHOT

Driveway builder and chevy57dude like this.
  24. Yruhot - A blown 572! That's carrying a seriously big stick. Traction may be an issue.

25. Driveway builder

Driveway builder

That sounds Bad Ass, budd... I should be able to find out what mine will run this summer. can't wait!

26. Driveway builder

Driveway builder

image.jpg Is it weird to be in love with your car? I mean my wife and kids are great and all, but... Lol

volvobrynk likes this.
  27. It's perfectly normal. Trust me.

volvobrynk and Driveway builder like this.
  28. My favorite year of chevy . I`ve had two.
    Drove one in High school.

29. Driveway builder

Driveway builder