Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Mid summer road trip

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by barnsearcher, Mar 23, 2015.

1. barnsearcher

barnsearcher
    from Ohio

Planning on an old car road trip across Ohio into PA on the Lincoln Highway in July. I am looking for those out of the way "you gotta stop at" places someone may know of. Anyone with a suggestion?

2. 41 C28

41 C28

I took US 30/Lincoln Highway part of the way thru Pa. to Hershey last year. It was a very scenic ride. It passes by the Flight 93 Memorial.

3. Johnston flood museum isn't far off 30 its near Pittsburgh
    Depends where your from but Mansfield reformatory in Ohio
    There is plenty of stuff on 30 in pa art deco gas station there is a tea pot building also Bedford pa
    Google points of intrest in pa and Ohio
    I have a book at home I will post it when I finish work

4. Here is the book of books

5. Ok again

Attached Files:

6. barnsearcher

barnsearcher
    from Ohio

Great! Thanks for the input. I've looked at a few books already but not that one. There is suppose to be a large weekly cruise in type show in a mall parking lot in Irwin PA we may try to hit since we will be there on Saturday night

7. Moby

Moby
    Member Emeritus

If you're into circle burners, check out the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing near Gettysburg, which is also the home of the Jalopy Showdown. Not auto related but if you have kids along, tour the shoe house near Hellam PA. While you're that close, might as well stop in at the Wrightsville Inn (in Wrightsville of course) for their "ultimate crab sandwich". You won't believe it.

8. Lew031

Lew031
    from Pittsburgh

Check out the Lincoln Highway Heritage Museum located on rt 30 ( Google search will help you find it). Nice people and they can help point out some cool attractions. On your way stop by the Norwin Hills shopping center cruise near Irwin pa. Nice variety of cars and one of the better cruises in the area. It's every Saturday night. I've driven across rt 30 several times. Great road for a road trip.

9. barnsearcher

barnsearcher
    from Ohio

Thanks. The museum is on my list. I am doing a pre run this coming weekend and plan to stop then to see what else they can fill me on on. The shopping center cruise will be the destination on Saturday night. I see where they are suppose to get over 400 cars a week??? When I called about it they sounded very helpful!

10. barnsearcher

barnsearcher
    from Ohio

Cool.... I'm always into anything motor sports related and oddities are always cool to look at.!

11. The jalopy showdown is 3rd weekend in May lotso hotrods too

12. legend

legend
    from Irwin PA

Yes we do get 400+ cars at Norwin Hills. When the weather is good they pack the place. There is music and restaurants near by. Great group of people tons of great looking cars. If you see my car (in my avatar) stop and say hello.

13. barnsearcher

barnsearcher
    from Ohio

Thanks legend. I hope the weather is great on the 3rd weekend in July! Looking forward to seeing some cars from your area. We are leaving tomorrow morning to pre run the trip and do more scouting. Anyone ever been to the Canton Classic Car Museum? It will be right on our way.

14. Rick Toney

Rick Toney

Your trip sounds awesome. I was born in eastern Ohio and love driving that part of the country. Most places I would recommend are now gone for a variety of reasons. Just take your time and enjoy that country air!!

15. barnsearcher

barnsearcher
    from Ohio

Your right Rick.......the slow 2 lane rides are the best ride. We just got back from the pre-trip run and we are looking forward to making the group trip in July. We made a brief stop at the Flight 93 Memorial just off the Lincoln Highway today. They are still expanding it but I cant express the feeling and emotions when you are there. It is a must see for anyone's list.

16. Toured this place about 2 years ago... some pretty cool and unique stuff. Lots of pre-1930 stuff that you never see anywhere else, plus it had a lot of neat stuff on the walls. If you are near it, its worth to check it out.