Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Ohio Collector plate restrictions ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rustytoolss, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Rustytoolss

Rustytoolss

Does anyone know if Ohio Collector plates have any uses (driving uses limits) restrictions ? I think that the Collector plate require proof of being a collector vehicle from like KBB old car values book.

Were as the Ohio historical plate do have driving restrictions (shows/parades etc)

2. wvenfield

wvenfield

They all generally provide a loophole. Coming and going to be repaired. I've never been stopped no matter when I was driving but if I was I'd simply state that I had just repaired it and was "test driving". :D

i.rant likes this.
  3. Is this a historical tag (antique) or a Year of Manufacture tag?

Here in South Carolina a historical (antique) tag allows you to drive to and from parades and shows but not any distance like to out of town shows. HRP

4. Rustytoolss

Rustytoolss

No,.. this is an Ohio Collector plate. The vehicles have to be listed as collectable. I was just wondering if they had driving restrictions like the Ohio historical (antique) plates have.

5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Not familiar with the latest rules but haven't heard of collector proof being required.
    Yes, there are regulations on antique and YOM plates.
    All these years I haven't heard of anyone with these plates being given a hard time from the Ohio police on this matter.
    Yes you could be pulled over. But normally its just so they can see your car.
    Don't count on any trouble with this law unless you decide to drive recklessly in public areas.

6. Looking at the Ohio site is appears the only requirement is that the vehicle be at least 25 years old. No difference between 'collector' plates and YOM plates for usage, both simply say that the vehicle can't be used for 'everyday' transportation.

7. bryan579

bryan579

8. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

Don't know why, but all states are adding restrictions. AlObama has made em almost impossable to drive, seems like ohio has too.

9. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

I have had my OHIO YOM plates on three of my cars for many many years and have been pulled over twice neither time for the plates. As long as you have your insurance and registration up to date all is good.

10. Rustytoolss

Rustytoolss

Thanks for the SEMA information for Ohio. Looks like there is no driving restrictions on Ohio Collector plate...but Ohio Historical plates are for shows and events. I also just sent an email to the Ohio BMV and asked the question about the collector plates.