Register now to get rid of these ads!

64 Fairlane Wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by geno8769, Feb 12, 2012.

1. geno8769

geno8769
    from Louisiana

Just bought a 64 Wagon. Hasnt run in 20 years and is incredibly rough.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    First thing we did was get her running..

Now I need a windshield and a fuel tank. There was no tank with the car, so if you have pictures or engineering sketches of what I am looking for, please send them to me.

Check out the PO's attempt at a fuel cell. He ran the fuel line in the car and through the gas pedal grommet. [​IMG]

Wish me luck and any words of wisdom are welcome!

2. Dead Pan

Dead Pan

what are your plans for it ?

3. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Rough? Compared to what? At least you have one, finding one is the hardest part.

wvenfield likes this.
  4. geno8769

geno8769
    from Louisiana

Still deciding if I am leaving as a "patina" rod, or restoring. I have a plus, my wife likes it.

Rough in the sense that floors are rusty and and battery box is rusty.

5. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

those 64 wagons are cool as hell. looks solid outside, i'd rather replace floors than qtr panels.

6. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

^^^yep what he said! hell any old wagon:mad:

7. 2dr_sedan

2dr_sedan

Can't wait to see what you do with this.

8. sololobo

sololobo

Good lookin bro, you are automatically qualified for the Ranch Wagon/Ford Wagon club forming in the near future here on the H.A.M.B. I love that wagon man, white is cool , patined or re-do in primer or paint. Good luck with your project pal. ~sololobo~

9. Powerband

Powerband

Four door - more door wagons look good anyway you drive ... without glasses 'can see teardrop hood , Thunderbolt lettering, family in back seat ...

10. geno8769

geno8769
    from Louisiana

Thanks everyone, I will definetly be posting some more.

I really like the HAMB!

11. that is sweet! I always wanted one to go with my dads 64 K code car

Brad

12. Scott_A_R

Scott_A_R
    from Frisco, TX

I can send you dimensions of the tank from my '63, I can check part numbers tonight but I'll be they are the same. I've just began work on cleaning my tank and researching the option of using a fuel cell. My tank is rusty, dented, and a couple patches done for which I don't deem completely well. Something else I hadn't thought of until today is fuel sloshing out the filler. I don't know enough about it yet, but I'm researching the options for cost/benefit of fixing old vs fuel cell. Repop tanks are only made for coupes and sedans with the filler out the back of the car, not the side as we need. I'm subscribed!

13. John G.

John G.

Updates on your wagon?

14. LOL I was thinking the same thing. I had a late '70s van from Louisiana once that you could actually look from one side of it to the other in some places once. :D

I may drive it rough for a while but my end game would be to get it cleaned up and presentable at some point in the future.

15. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Looks like a great start to me. Should turn out cool in the end as well.

16. That's the 1 year Falcon I really like almost looks like a galixie.Bruce.

porknbeaner likes this.
  17. Bruce,
    That actually counts as a falcon? I would have guessed fairlane. Its just a question, OK?

18. My Mistake porknbeaner I meant Fairlane, good catch.lol.Bruce.

19. Geno that's rough shape? Did you ever see my 56 buick wagon when I got it? Hey working on it for the past 3 years has kept me out of the titie bars .I still spent the same amount of money though.lol. Here it is and I think I have a picture of the front seat too.Bruce. 00o0o_82PxJSvNBPi_600x450-1.jpeg

20. Wasn't a catch at all, I just figured that I missed something and you knew about it. :D

I think but don't hold me to it that a falcon in Australia is actually a mustang. :)

21. HPIM2018.JPG Here the front seat. Mine had a motor knock , trans just gushed fluid and found out the brake booster didn't work when I went thru the back wall of the shop with it.Bruce.

22. Still have a scar on my ass from them damn springs.lol.Bruce.

23. Good excuse to expand the shop. :D

24. Not a Falcon- it's a Fairlane-

25. Patina being overdone so I vote for fresh paint- Ford's White is so nice-

26. Been covered post #19.

I usually blame it on autocorrect but Bruce owned up to it. I would have gone with autocorrect if it were me. :D

27. WHAT DID YOU TELL ME EARLIER TODAY?

I do have to get some rocker shafts properly clearance today by the way so if you guys see me on here in another half an hour remind me to get the hell off the internet. :D

GET THE HELL OFF THE INTERNET BEENO! :D HRP

28. Yes I do thanks
    I actually worked for a while and came in to uh, screw off. :D

29. Yes Porknbeaner if it hadn't been in November.I had to shove old bedsheets in to the big hole till the weather warmed up.lol.Bruce.