Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 36-taildragger.....Made in Sweden

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Kenneth31coupe, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Good to see that you are back with this build.Keep it up!

2. dlandberg

dlandberg
    from Sweden

I seen your place in the newest gasoline magazine to, very cool! Best of luck with all projects!

3. j hansen

j hansen

4. Thanks guys. Been doing some welding on the roof lately but that´s all.Really must try to shape up and get this on the go again.

5. jocktherock

jocktherock
    from Sweden

I also read that Gazoline magazine report and i wish you very good luck in your entrepreneurship Kenneth. What we have seen here at H*A*M*B you will make it with a glance....

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. Finaly I got the roof finished.Time to move on P1020309_1600x1200.JPG P1020300_1600x1200.JPG P1020301_1600x1200.JPG P1020310_1600x1200.JPG

7. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Gotta love Swedish craftsmanship! ;)

8. Beautiful, perfect........

9. buzzbrother

buzzbrother

You got some skills brother...nice work

10. Looks great Kenneth. Glad to see her getting a little attention!

11. You have a great talent. Looks very nice so far. subscribed.

12. Mirko 73

Mirko 73
    from Roma

Fantastic work Kenneth

13. Thanks

Thank you lowcoe

Thanks much appriciated

Thanks Kipp.Must try to spend a few nights a week for her so she will not move out.

Thank you

Thanks Mirko.Your caddy aint that bad either.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  14. Sorry for the lack of progress . When I started this thread the plan was to run it without any interupptions. Too many threads that just dies and vanish .This is not one of them. Life have changed big time for me since I started this thread and I still have´nt got it under full control but it´s getting there and I will be back .
    Had Janne Kutja make a rendering of the vision I have in my head of the car so atleast I can look at it hanging on the wall and now I´m really excited to get started again. unnamed.jpg

15. jeffrob

jeffrob

One of my favorite threads, great metal work, beautiful dragger!

16. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Life happens, we'll be here to witness the conclusion of this fabulous build when it occurs! ;):cool:

17. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Building a kustom takes a lot of work and patients. Keep the faith,
    hopefully you will be able to get back after it soon.

18. I took a couple life gets in the way breaks on my 36 along the journey to expand the garage and to finish the basement. All good things are worth the wait. Cant wait to see what comes next.

19. longgoner

longgoner
    from western ny

the progress you've made and the time period you've chosen will never go out of style this year or twenty years from now.
    i can see that you know, sometimes the windows for other priorities are much shorter and easily missed. enjoy as much of everything as you can.
    ....... just make sure you keep that coupe in you're visions until the time is right.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  20. chinarus

chinarus
    from Georgia

Looking great! Is that a Countach or Pantera or ?? in the background?

21. Thanks a lot jeff.

Thanks for the support.
    I hope so too.

Buying another house was nothing that I thought would happend but when this old forge came up for sale I couldnt resist it, even though it needs a lot of work it´s all worth it I know but it´s rather frustraded to see the 36 sitting there .

Thanks Ron.

Thanks. The car in the background is a 72 Pantera that will be build as a group 4 racing car. Needs a lot of work to get it there but fortunately the owner is in no hurry.

22. Well. It´s not mine no mather how much I wish it was. It´s the gold colored one I chopped last winter. Saw it for the first time in new paint on OSW last weekend. P1020822_1600x901.JPG P1020823_1600x901.JPG P1020824_1600x901.JPG

Here´s one I borrowed from Rik.

CCC-2015-line-up-02-13.jpg

23. 32coop

32coop
    from Australia

Hi Kenneth love your progress. Do you know what size tyres and chassis mods on that maroon coupe? it sit perfect with your fantastic chop. Keep up the great work.

24. Rikster

Rikster

Firestone 5.50 16" 4 ply (on the fronts only... the rears are radials but will be replaced soon)

[​IMG]

25. 32coop

32coop
    from Australia

Thanks for the info.

26. As for the chassies mods there´s a dropped axle in front. I´m not really sure about the rear but I think Lars talked about parallell leaf springs with lowering blocks but I can be misstaken

27. 32coop

32coop
    from Australia

Thank you so much I really appreciate it.

28. Think it´s time to make some progress on this. Still have a lot to do with the house and the shop is crowded with work but I will try to take a few nights a week working with this one.Started to do something about this bad rear. Made a set of pedestals out of some wheel dollys and square tubing to get the car up at a good working height. Now I can stand up work with it and sit at a good position under it as well. The rear needs both inner and outer patches so have access working both under and from outside is a must.

[​IMG]

Inner patch panel mocked up with clecos and a pair of cagenuts welded to it for bolting it to the frame.Will take it out again when outer panel is tacked in place so I can get access for hammer´n´dollying the weld.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Outer panel welded in. The center piece with the holes for spare tire mount is really warped so I will make a new one with the licens plate sunken in.Doing that now when the inner panel is out will be a lot easier I think with access from both sides

[​IMG]

29. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I like the idea of getting it up to workbench height. Makes it so much easier to work on, and with the wheels, you can just roll it out of the way without having to jack it up and down.

Nice work, BTW

30. The37Kid

The37Kid

X2 on the strands, should make blocking the doors and quarters a lot easier when that time comes. Bob