Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What are YOU doing to get ready for the 2015 Meltdown Drags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

OK Steve

I will bring enough Wisconsin Cheese to share, so that no one is tempted to fondle Scotts mouse
    trap ;)

2. Nitro Pontiac

Nitro Pontiac
    from Wisconsin

I had a lot of metal in the oil when I changed it last year, so I decided it was time to rebuild and I have a 6-71 laying around in the corner, so I'll put that on and see what happens.

saltflats likes this.
  3. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Steve

What color is the 62 Impala, there was a tv show that ran 1957-62 called (Have Gun Will Travel)
    you could call the car Paladin (his calling card on the door)

Norb Paladin.JPG

4. bigslim55

bigslim55

Went to Grayslake Swap yesterday, found a 56' Ford Auto Service Manual. I got a 55' steering gearbox from Jeff strokestang331... Sand blasted outside & took it apart. Inside cleaned up nice. It will need a few parts to rebuild. That's where that service manual will come in handy, a good find!
    Jim... ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1426519896.417684.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1426519926.925289.jpg

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    beebee78, Tickety Boo and powrshftr like this.
  5. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Art

I will only be scared if the Koopmeiners teach you how to shift.:pLOL

We have not had a Sour Grape update lately:cool: lucky charms.JPG
    Remember the power of MIGHTY MOUSE should only be used for good things.

6. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Oh don't worry no more hydraulic throw out bearing, the Camaro I raced before was a stick car and ran 10.90s, the grapes coming along just fine.... Trust me I'll have no need for shift lessons!!!

powrshftr and 30dodgeboy like this.
  7. If you want your shifts koopified you need to know the top secret warm up stretches.

powrshftr, 30dodgeboy and Tickety Boo like this.
  8. bigslim55

bigslim55

Also got some springs from rear leaf springs from Jeff. Put them together & on, didn't like how it sat. Decided to bite the bullet & ordered rear 5 leaf springs from General Spring of K/C... Put them on & liked the stance better! Had girlfriend sit in seat & adjusted Caltracs to a starting point. Also mounted rear housing vent hose while I was down there... I think I'm on the right track now, I can push down on the rear bumper & suspension has movement now! I'm kinda anxious to see how it works now!
    Also changed our carb spacers from 1" to 1/2" for a lil more clearance at rear of hood. Also cleared the valve covers & air cleaner assembly. Put them back on & looks great. Started it up for first time with spacer changes Saturday. It ran a lil shitty at start but after warming up it really ran like a raped ape! My damn ears were ringing after cracking the throttle! LOL... Get the steering gearbox sorted out & put in, plus had front tires rebalanced. It will be interesting to see if I still have R/F tire shimmy!?! R/F was 1.5oz off... Will see what happens...
    Jimbo...

9. Top secret?

Hey man, you posted it on YouTube!

Its still funny, with the big fat bandaged finger and all...

...and my little contribution, late in the video.... LOL

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    Tickety Boo likes this.
  10. crap, I can fix a transmission but damn if I can get this HTML shit straight... :confused:

11. Good to hear your progress Jimbo! Did the GF get bitten by the bug yet? Will she be fighting you for the keys this July?? LOL...

powrshftr likes this.
  12. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Holy cow a 6-71 too boot. Your pulling out all the stops!!

13. bigslim55

bigslim55

AJ, how's the dragster coming along? Any updates or pics?
    WHAT YOU TALKING BOUT WILLIS? Fighting for keys he says! HELLLL NO!!!! LOL...! No she likes to sit in passenger seat & feel the vibrations...! HE! HE! HE!
    Jimbo...

14. bigslim55

bigslim55

LOL...! It never gets old seeing them arm exercises in video...!
    Scott, when can we expect to see your version of the arm stretch/exercise video???
    Jimbo...

Tickety Boo likes this.
  15. powrshftr

powrshftr

Jim:
    I've been concentrating my efforts more toward my victory speech.....I really haven't even been working on the car much.Theres plenty of time,right...?;)

Actually,I'm panicking like crazy right now,very concerned that I will not have time to finish this thing up while Im working this stinking rotten night shift.

For pretty much the first time ever,I might have to "subcontract" a bit of the work that needs to be done on the car.....I hate it,but in the interest of getting the car finished I may have to do it.:(

In the mean time,I'll have to make up an amusing video to keep you guys entertained.....I have something in the works...lol

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

16. Gold Dust

Gold Dust

17. Eric should spent another minute or 30 getting his butt in the seat just right! Marc does a similar thing with his clutch leg.., that's where the extra tenth comes from!

18. Your gonna get "grape raped" Jeff!

19. It's a 540 with a 6-71 with 8.5 compression on 93 octane. According to BDS site 4 lbs is 10.5 compression and it needs to be about +7 percent over to achieve 4 lbs.

20. bigslim55

bigslim55

UH OH Scott! What do you need outsourced? Frame rails or cage? Times whittling away, 4 months till opening day of meltdown...!
    Yeah better forget about speeches & videos & get after it! You'll never, ever, hear the end of it from Jeff if your not ready! I can see them interviewing Jeff at starting line, talking smack & MY LITTLE PONY in the other lane painted up like the LAKESHORE SHAKKER!!! I don't think you want that video out on YouTube...!
    Jimbo...

21. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

What??? Don't be spreadin' lies man! If we ever take the time to set up the gopro inside the car everyone will see that it just ain't true!

Okiedoker likes this.
  22. 62Furious

62Furious

Scott
    I will take care of the Victory speech, you just keep wrenching away so the Shake-a-part gets here.
    Bob

Tickety Boo likes this.
  23. Saxxon

Saxxon

7% over seems high for only 4lbs. I realize boost is impacted by a numer of things like efficiency, port size, plenium size etc but it still seems like you are spinning that thing pretty fast for low boost

24. Dave: Maybe thats to be sure the air and fuel are really well mixed :D

powrshftr likes this.
  25. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Ok got a quart of some Ozark moonshine looks pretty potent the bubbles don't hang around but a second or two.

loudbang, 30dodgeboy and Tickety Boo like this.
  26. 62Furious

62Furious

Salty a friend of mine would bring shine to the swap meet every year and last year his supplier pasted, that was some smooth sippin sauce.

27. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

we have a local boy making some shine, has a few different octanes. I will see if I can bring a quart or two of what he calls The Panty Dropper :)

Tickety Boo likes this.
  28. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

The octane I tried must have been called Bring up the Reception vittles!

powrshftr likes this.
  29. Can maybe try giving Aubrey a call.. http://www.bruneauperformance.ca/

30. bigslim55

bigslim55

I checked Craigslist there's a 348 block for $300 up in Minneapolis & 348 complete I think with t10 Trans in Laporte IN $1300...
    Jimbo... ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1426815019.907138.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1426815101.334484.jpg