Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1938 Chevy 2 door sedan one piece door glass conversion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lan240, Mar 16, 2015.

1. lan240

lan240
    1. 37-38 Chevys

Has anyone done a one piece door glass conversion on a 1938 Chevy 2 door sedan?

2. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Yeah .. all the street rod guys did it ...

3. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I did a coupe, and it should be the same. I split the door skin at the bottom of the window opening and added metal to make the opening straight for the one piece glass. You will need to modify the interior trim so that it is straight for a good glass fit. The new one piece glass should be cut longer so that it can be better supported. This is an old custom car modification that is still done today.

I have seen this done without straightening the opening but I did not think it looked right.

John

4. Davyj

Davyj

If I ever got rid of the vent windows in my wife's 38 she would disown me, they sure are awesome when fully cranked on warm day..........

5. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

This is true. The one piece glass looks good, but you loose the ability to have good air flow. It is a slave to fashion thing. Looks good but you loose function.

John

6. It's a street rod kind of deal and like others have said the vent windows are great for ventilation. HRP

7. Keep the vent windows, as stated great for ventilation and they just look right.