Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Here's my 57 Cadillac

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Cadillac Fred, Feb 28, 2015.

1. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Love the car overall man. Some modern additions on the inside I could personally do without, but overall a stunning package. Nice car

2. Yeah I know what you're saying about the dash. I have a company out in Oregon called Con2r that is making me a replica '57 gauge cluster on a 3D printer that prints in metal. It looks like the original, but slightly different because now It'll house all the gauges and not just gas and temp.

3. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

That sounds fantastic. Certain cars from the '50s, GM cars in particular, had some really wonderful, classy, immensely interesting dashboards and gauge clusters. Cadillacs, Oldsmobile especially, certain Pontiacs, late '50s Chevrolets, had some great dashes. The Cadillac is so classy, regular round, Autometer gauges are so spartan it does a disservice to the rest of the car. I do understand your wanting to keep tabs on all your systems, so a custom but stock appearing cluster is a unique solution. Please post pics when you get it in there

4. Yeah, about that, just to prove to you that TV lies and everything gets done in a week, the cluster is a one-off and It's been almost two years in the making. That's why I ended up putting the car on the road with the AutoMeters. It was either that or not put it on the road 'till the dash got made.

5. The Brown Sound

The Brown Sound
    from Maryland

That's pretty amazing they can do 3D printing in metal though.