Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1955 Series 62 - Front shocks?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55Caddy62, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Are these shocks now some sort of unobtainium? Or is everyone secretly coveting and hoarding the compatible and inexpensive part numbers to resell at outrageous prices? In short, what shock absorbers (manufacturer and part number, please) would you recommend for my car?

2. FYI, Gabriel P/N 82099 shows application in 1956-1960 Cadillacs, and MIGHT work. More info after I hear from my tire shop attempting the work.

3. Nope, they weren't able to get it mounted. Rare Parts makes one for it but they're awfully pricey.

4. Pick up the phone and call them and ask if you can buy just 2 shocks.

they have a toll free number so all it will cost is a little time to ask. HRP

800-526-1096

5. For others' information, the Rare Parts RP50529 is an exact replacement, and it's cheapest from Amazon.com via JustSuspension.com

6. The tire shop got replacement heavy duty shocks installed in the Caddy before 3 pm today, and it's driving/riding much better. They didn't rip me off for either parts or labor, either. I'm going back tomorrow to get more information about exactly which part they installed.