Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Moving to Central North Carolina...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Centurion9, Mar 3, 2015.

1. I'm looking for any and all events to attend this year in NC. My first year in the State. I'm not a NASCAR fan, but you guys have read my posts.....I'm looking for car stuff to see. Shows, drags. Road racing, etc.....I'll do my homework...I just want a shove in the right direction....Thanks Guys.....Centurion9

2. dudley32

dudley32

Charlotte Autofair and Myrtle Beach are coming up soon...

3. Be careful if you go to So. Carolina.

4. Drag Racer Reunion and car show , Henderson, N.C. in Oct.

5. elgringo71

elgringo71

Southeast Gasser Races, real 1967 period correct gassers. Many of them are stick shift and pull the wheels and get squirrely. If you go once you will go again, its worth the drive. They usually have races in Nc, Sc and sometimes in Ga and Tennessee.

6. There's only two roadrace-only tracks...Virginia International Raceway (VIR) near Danville, VA and a track in/near Kershaw, SC (not sure of the name).

Spring and Fall AutoFairs, Charlotte GoodGuys in October, (new) Raleigh GoodGuys (August?), Steel in Motion in Union, SC in May, Heavy Rebel Weekender in Winston in July, Myrtle Beach later this month... Pretty active area, and it seems to be growing. Once you get here, ask around! There's tons of third-Saturday and second-Tuesday type cruise-ins all over the Piedmont!

Where specifically are you moving to...at least nearest city...

7. Oh...and welcome from Greenville, NC...east of Raleigh!

8. Several things to do up this way in East TN. and West NC
    Shades Run, Grand Run and several others in Pigeon Forge. Hornets Nest AACA swap meet outside of Asheville. Super Chevy and NHRA at Bristol Dragway. Maggie Valley swap meet. Already mentioned, Charlotte Autofair twice a year, plus Myrtle Beach. Honest Charley/Coker open house in Chattanooga. All Deuce run on the BRParkway.
    Plus smaller things going on nearly EVERY weekend in the summer. Welcome!

9. Come on Tim,we ain't that bad! :cool: HRP

10. Definitely check out Steel In Motion and some of the Southeast Gassers races. They are the best thing going in my opinion.

11. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:p

12. leaving beautiful wis? don't blame ya

13. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Be sure to bring your show tires and chains for ice driving climate change seems to be real.

Grnegg likes this.
  14. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

One of the better cruze ins is in Kannapolis NC 30 mi north of Charlotte NC. It happens on 2nd Sat of the month starting inApril. There are a lot of everything and numerous hot rods and its all right down town. Hope to see you there...............It starts after lunch till 930 or 10 pm.........................

15. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Definitely don't miss this!

10917352_10204718980147439_3532668669520113484_o.jpg

16. What part of the state will you be moving too?

FWIW, been to Heavy Rebel (HOT!) and Charlotte Good Guys (wet). The spring Good Guys is in April and is a first time event.

17. ^^^^^^^^April 17-19, 2015^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

18. 39 chevy kustom

39 chevy kustom

First kannapolis cruse is march 14, do not have one in may lthere is another event in town in may, then the second sat. thru Oct.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  19. kasultana

kasultana

All great events if you want a local shop feel more than welcome to our shops open house on 3/21. Thanks and welcome