Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Who's Building a T?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slimegreeeeeen, Nov 19, 2011.

1. daddio211

daddio211

Oh HELL yes Jeremy! Looks great!

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  2. Cheers, I always liked T boxes black, most paint them to match the body. JW

daddio211 likes this.
  3. tjm73

tjm73

Any more pics?

4. I think I have posted this before. JW
    [​IMG]

daddio211 and bct like this.
  5. How it was when it came to NZ from Utah. I got it less motor, box and wheels in 2011. JW
    [​IMG]

daddio211 likes this.
  6. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

Cool pictures everyone!....Not sure mine qualifies as a T (still not sure what to call it), because it's got a 1914 Olds body, but is built on guidelines of a Ford T for the most part..."finally" found a 14' Olds grill...and I love the 2 doors, since I can barely get out of it otherwise, and my wife is short, so I don't have to 'lift' her into it:rolleyes:------just love any T-buckets plain and simple.

7. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Looks cool to me. Got any more pictures?

8. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

Thanks for the kind comment....the car has wood in the body, but added square tubing to strengthen it...will try to get pics posted today out of photobucket (still learning the process)......having an 'odd' bucket for a ''T-bucket'' configures me to ''jalopy'' status...I feel I fit right in:rolleyes:

9. Finished detailing the floor today.....moving forward. JW[​IMG]

Lil'Alb, daddio211 and Tim_with_a_T like this.
  10. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

looks nice, keep up the good work

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  11. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Been away for a while but thought I'd bring this back up near the top. Heading for the Detroit Autorama with the T coupe on Thursday so if any Hambers are around the basement stop by and say Hi. We have a group of about 10 cars from Canada downstairs so we'll be easy to find. Ask for Mike.

12. Go on, post the latest pic of you coupe.....its worth looking at.:D JW

13. daddio211

daddio211

Door fitment issues... 1425167392776.jpg

14. here is a RPU my 84 yr old father just finished up , pictures are from 2012 car is now done
    but don't have a recent picture 26-27 RPU 60HP flathead , 39-40 front and rear , juice brakes IMG_4925.JPG IMG_4935.JPG IMG_4928.JPG IMG_4923.JPG IMG_4934.JPG IMG_4926.JPG

Squablow, mink, Olson and 1 other person like this.
  15. HemiTCoupe

HemiTCoupe
    from TN.

Wood remover,
    I like that. That's what I have needing, a pickup like that, that I can use for everyday use.
    Sure wish I could come across the parts to build one.

What is the front axle?

Pat

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  16. front axle is a 39 or 40

17. charlesf

charlesf

Presented herewith, for your amusement, is my modified project. I used a S10 engine/trans, because it was laying around the shop, and eight spring suspension. If it worked for Harry Miller at Indy, and all those 30s British sports cars, it should work for me. IMG_3924.JPG IMG_3925.JPG IMG_3928.JPG IMG_3930.JPG

Lil'Alb and Olson like this.
  18. HemiTCoupe

HemiTCoupe
    from TN.

Was it shorten, or dropped to narrow it? I need to drop my A axle to get the tires to center on the fenders, and to lower the front.
    Or is the offset on factory wires wheels that different, that it doesn't need to be. I see that the '39-40 rearend fits the tire nicely
    I am putting a full fendered '27 T coupe, (hot rod style) together right now.

19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

These pictures remind me a lot of a 27 T that was the feature of a thread on here that was deleted.
    He had a suspension with multiple springs much like yours and was saying that the car was all over the road, almost uncontrollable.
    The poor design of the suspension was pointed out to him by plenty of members and eventually the thread was deleted.

20. charlesf

charlesf

Well, if all goes according to plan we will know this summer how it handles.

21. I will check with my dad tomorrow, it is a stock axle maybe I am mistaken on the year !!

22. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Good luck with it. While you are building, you should definitely figure out a effective panhard bar system for both front and rear.
    The other car had none and that was probably a big part of his problems.

23. One of the factors on the ''other'' car was the springs were not set very far apart and you would be able to steer it like a skate board, that was a lot of the problem, but not all.JW

24. charlesf

charlesf

The rear Panhard bar is already in place. Still considering how to deal with the front.

25. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I don't see a panhard bar there, just the lower tie rod for the steering.

26. Much the same as this one. JW
    [​IMG]

27. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My best friend built this T a few years back and this had a same set up. No panhard bar needed as the springs kept the axle centered. This car rode and drove great. John\'s 23 Spdstr.JPG

Lil'Alb and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  28. JW, mine doesn't have a panhard bar and it handles great, no bump steer, tracks straight and tru. I can take my hands off the wheel at 100kph, slam on the brakes and it doesn't move an inch off track.