Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest old farts over 70

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rainhater1, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

OK Don, how does it feel now?

2. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

I wondered when someone was going to say this...Ha Ha Time fly's!

3. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

4. frank spittle

frank spittle

Got there last year.

5. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

72 here-still plugging along-lookin for another 40 to do

6. Back when Noah was just a pup and starting to build his boat, I was there to teach him how to forge spikes to hold it all together. At least I feel that way this morning. Damned sub zero weather & stiff joints.

Got up this morning sounding like an add for Rice Crispy's. Snap, crackle & pop.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  7. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

:(Is it running? I can't hear it:(

8. 75 and still building hot rods on this end. Beats the hell out of setting on your butt watching time go by.

9. Moby

Moby
    Member Emeritus

I'm 70 (which is 30 years past my expiration date) and I'm ecstatic to still be building rods. Going slower of course, paying others to do some of the hard work ---- but still having fun.

I don't see the glass as half full, it's all the way full. Breathing is underrated.

10. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

WHERE IS THAT FORM THAT I NEED TO FILL OUT TO BE IN THIS OLD FARTS CLUB??? IMG_0043.jpg

11. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Haa!---83 this year, slowing down just a little!
    Hows Elli doing ?----She still in Havasu?

12. Dangerous Dan

Dangerous Dan

They say that people who have the most number of birthdays live longer, also you are in trouble when the only thing that gets hard in your body is your arteries.

13. bobw

bobw

[​IMG]
    73 1/2 (we count half years at this age) and built this one out of a '28 Reo 4 door field find last year. Final assembly on another project going on now. Also built a frame for the next project this winter.

The key for me is to have the enthusiasm be greater than the body aches and pains.

14. What the hell are you guys talking about! I'm in my 20's and still hot over cool cares. However, every morning I see this old guy (nearly 70) always in the window in room next to the bathroom sink. I tried loosing him at every opportunity but I can shake the "old fart" Please help!

15. eight years to go I love the link !

16. frosty-49

frosty-49

This old Ford keeps me young 71 and going on 18

17. Idea: start a new thread for the oldest person by state still driving , hot rod of course. Any centurion's?

18. Jeeze.... you deserve your own club for sure.....But think for a min please.... Hearing is damn near shot,gotta wear cheaters to see up close, and cant remember shit..... I tell that to the 20 somethings......And I'm not 50! If you have all those- Concider yourself fortunate! I'll join your club someday,but it's gonna be a bitch getting there....Can't wait for the rest of the fun :(

19. TomWar

TomWar

Image061.jpg I drive my avatar,and am just finishing up my latest project, a 28 Chevy Woody.
    I'm 73.

20. spooler41

spooler41

I bumped across the 70 mark a little over 4 years ago. I've found I just can't shake the old
    time hot rod thing. I'm still working on my '27 Ford modified, it's about 65%, a slightly off thread
    Ford Country Sedan,that one missed the mark by 3 years, then there is a newer P-10 step van.
    Now, I figure that I'll need at least another 15 years to finish all my projects, but thats what keeps me feeling young. Hope to see y'all on the road.

........................... Jack

21. elba

elba

The older I get, the older I want to get.
    Years are precious- enjoy them !

22. Growing old....Mandatory Growing up optional.

23. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I'll be 75 in July.

24. Mid-way thru my 72nd yr & still trying to keep up to the younger guys, but going to too many funeral services for the bud's.......drove my RPU to LARS last June & ended up doing an unintentional 1100 mi non-stop on way home......managed to survive that one, just left it on cruise control @ 75 mph and found it's way home......

25. gus gustafson

gus gustafson

Will be 73 this year,and just competed in Daytona Kart week, avg.73 DSC00901 FINAL CHAMP.jpg mph on road course,and around 120mph on high banks. . Still got my 27 T project ,and my 51 chevy fast back is still kicking.
    I say get that adrenaline going and stay young at heart..and I have a great wife that puts up with my "affliction" great site ,I'm lurking often. thk/u. gus.

26. 55for65

55for65
    from Michigan

I will be 71 next month, finished my 70 BB, 4sp Nova, last year. Hope I have time to finish a 32 chopped and channeled coupe!!!!

27. I'll be 70 in 2 months, been quite a ride, you are welcome to view my profile. Happy where I am in this journey, still chasing women (kind of just look'in now) and drinking beer (1 or 2).

28. bobw

bobw

Three cheers for Gus!!!

29. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah!------But how does he get out of the cart???---------Haaa!

30. gus gustafson

gus gustafson

"Ha" Deuce Dan; good point ,I have a orthopedic procedure for sure, to get out. Its a very comfy cockpit ,being laydown position, and my custom head support, helps for 45min. runs, also been driving these things for 50 years.
    I should get a sponsorship from Excedrin..keep trucken,and keep the shop warm,thk/u. gus.