Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Todd M.

Todd M.

2. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

A mint green is a color you don't see too often.....understated and elegant.......so I'm going with that. Also, black wires, a black frame and black radiator shell to complement the windshield stanchions and top.
    photoshop banger image001 copy.jpg

3. Moby

Moby
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Ruben and you're right, understated and elegant but maybe not "hot rod" enough for me. The wires look great but I will be using the 21 x 3 disc wheels.

Any more ideas??

4. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

No prob, Moby....my girlfriend made me watch The Great Gatsby last night, so I think some of that may have rubbed off in my rendering, hehe. Anyways, I'm sure whatever you decide to do to your little hopup, it will look cool.

5. Something a little different...

b.jpg

6. I think it looks great black.

Bellypan and wheels...

T_Roadster_01.jpg
    Number and scallop added...

T_Roadster_02.jpg

kiwijeff and tb33anda3rd like this.
  7. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

8. Only color id paint that is black. Check out Mr.ModelT's car.
    sorry no photoshop

9. madfish

madfish

10. Moby

Moby
    Member Emeritus

Funny you mention Mr Model T's car because that's what started me on this build. I'm not much for copying other people's ideas but I liked his car enough to copy it. At least I started to and then found a 1921 Willys Overland frame with quarter elliptics and "inside out" frame rails plus long hood sides, so it will be similar to his but not exactly like it. Great ideas so far, keep 'em coming!

11. Moby

Moby
    Member Emeritus

Madfish, I like that scallop or whatever you call it on the side, kinda gives it the racy look I was thinking of plus it keeps the hood from looking too long. Does that paint style have a name?

Also, can somebody rake the windshield back about 4" at the top? The original photoshopped mock up photo (post 15484) shows the body stretched 4" ahead of the door (which I have since done) and the top stretched to match (which I have not), but if I raked the windshield I could avoid stretching the top. Just not sure how it would look.

Thanks to all who have posted photos!

12. I don't know if it's 4 inches, but the windshield is laid back a bit...

T_Roadster_03.jpg

kiwijeff likes this.
  13. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Anyone else? I wish I had the vision you guys do. I could take elements from each of your pictures and incorporate them into a finished car. Like the old saying goes, "I don't know anything about art, but I know what I like when I see it":D

14. Moby

Moby
    Member Emeritus

That windshield angle looks about right, 4" probably wouldn't look right on this car.

15. madfish

madfish

16. i.rant likes this.
  17. madfish

madfish

18. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

19. ^^^ what he said :cool:
    Madfish, I like the way you think!

20. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Had a '53 Ford like that. Tried to put an Olds in the front seat. Never did get it going. Dumb 17 year old kid!

21. Then along came Kodak.....

hot rod assemblyKodak.jpg

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    kiwijeff, tb33anda3rd and madfish like this.
  22. madfish

madfish

23. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Now if that isn't a car for getting to church on time I don't know what is. :D

24. :cool::D
    You guys are awesome, you could go into business together, I can see it now.
    MADMOOSEFISH Productions! ;)

Rustomiser likes this.
  25. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

blue Sedan copy.jpg dark green sedan.jpg Dark two tone sedan.jpg dk blue sedan.jpg hump.jpg no hump.jpg two tone sedan.jpg Here are some refinements Madfish did for me. What do you think? The two tone blue and green was my idea.

Centurion9 likes this.
  26. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

27. The trouble with raking the B pillars forward is that it makes the rear quarter windows longer - throws the proportions out - makes it look halfway like a wagon. If you want to do this then I would suggest shortening up the rear windows too.
    [​IMG]

I also tried a version where i leant the back of the body forwards to create a Victoria style sedan coupe, with a slightly raked back roof.
    [​IMG]

28. brady1929

brady1929

Can someone please photoshop this for me? Black of course and really really dark maroon. Thanks.
    mycoupe.jpg

daddio211 likes this.
  29. Moby

Moby
    Member Emeritus

Madfish could you do some other color combos. This one is great, just would like to see others.