Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Really? another Survivor Hot Rod found!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by titus, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

man... this never happens to me..

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

Nice! Very Nice!

3. Hotrodhog

Hotrodhog

Hope you get it over Mkta Drive - in way this summer!!! And thanks for taking it as you found it to GSTA in April!! that will be cool to see!!

4. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, great story and a beautiful car. Looks like it found the right guy to have it. Just wipe the dust off the windows, add some fresh gas and drive it as it is...ok, maybe a little more tinkerin´will be due but you´ll figure it out...

5. scoggman

scoggman

6. Yeah, but wouldn't we all like to have the opportunity to say "I don't have the money" before they are sold?

volvobrynk and belair like this.
  7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some people just live right. I'm glad to see that the car found the right home and that the plans for it are right on the money as far as I am concerned. Let folks see it as found, as a cleaned up survivor and down the road put it back fresh just the way Jerry originally had it as it appears he really did know how to do it right.

8. titus

titus

9. seatex

seatex

^^^TRACTION CONTROL^^^

10. titus

titus

Got the large logo 97s rebuilt last night also, pulled the lincoln distributor out of it and started going thru it. dont have the most time to monkey with ti but a couple nights wont hurt.

after teh GSTA show it will be cleaned up and down the line restored to the way Jerry built it.

And yes the GSTA guys save me a spot with out asking! lol
    downsized_0223151352.jpg downsized_0224151316.jpg downsized_0223151959.jpg downsized_0223152107.jpg

11. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

What a score!

12. 31Apickup

31Apickup

What a dream find. I really like the early picture, such a nice cruiser. Although it would look great with a dropped axle, many of these cars were never dropped back in the day.

13. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

wow. what a cool find. Good for you..
    Why is it we all are happy and pissed at the same time?? :)
    I know I am.

volvobrynk likes this.
  14. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

15. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Great acquisition, Titus! Similar story in my first car...
    In 1955, I was 13. I was offered Billy Souza's '36 3 window for $15! Car ran, had the original 221" '36 engine, smoked like a train...
    I got it home, cleaned it up, and chopped the top...5-1/4" in front, 6" in back.
    My eyes it was beautiful...my Mom said it looked like a WW1 tank!
    It got sold in '57, for a '32 Five window that was all apart.

volvobrynk and Spoggie like this.
  16. WOW!!

ANOTHER score? You live a charmed life. And a 3W to boot! All I could score was a lowly Tudor.

17. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

Video: yo, push da car. Git yo mama to push da car!!! This video makes me want to install my HF winch that I bought 4 months ago.

18. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Ya know Jeff you really do suck sometimes, congrats. Now your dad can forward his free 3 window to me since you won't be needing it. ;)

19. I was gonna make pastel mint 350/350 jokes but it just don't fit. Perfectly good news.

20. Jeff, Like Ryan, some times ya piss me off........Just pulling your chain.. Great score and a very cool old hot rod. I am sure you will do it right.....Love those 3 windows.

volvobrynk likes this.
  21. dudley32

dudley32

My favorite car of all time...and already rodded...great find...

22. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I was glad to read that you do intend to restore it to as built condition! It shows respect for the man and the car. I always hate when I here of a find like this and the say they are going to leave like it is. Think of it as if Jerry is still watching an would see you drive it, how do you think he would want to see it! Great car , great find!!!! Larry

23. tub1

tub1
    from tasmania

wow nice car enjoy it must be amazing to feel its mine ,enjoy it treat it with respect to the car and the former owner ,you must be a clean living guy to end up with that car

24. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Clean living or a horseshoe up his backside he's so lucky. Seriously Jeff makes his own luck and talks to everyone

Pinstriper40 and chalkboard like this.
  25. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

26. Stormtron

Stormtron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jeff I think you are missing an update on this thread. :)

27. titus

titus

Okay okay, its just that i been busy putsing on it

Got the distributor all done up, cleaned up and regapped the points, new condensors, then brought it over to my buddy Don Bonenkamps place adn we spun it up on the distributor machine and did some testing so wed get the correct balast resisters set up for it. got that all worked out and put it back in the car and got the car running seems to run really good, got a new fuel pump put on and fuel lines and wired up the column switch so it can be started from inside the car etc etc.

downsized_0224151722.jpg downsized_0223151352.jpg downsized_0224151946.jpg downsized_0224152035.jpg

Then yesterday i tore into the brakes, got the new wheel cylinders installed front drums turned, wheel bearing packed and new seals installed etc etc

I also started on the display for the GSTA show
    downsized_0228151950.jpg

Then this morning i buzzed over to my dads and picked up a couple 40 ford brake hose tabs and mounted them up, before the hoses had just been stabilized buy the brake lines and a couple line clamps
    downsized_0301151404.jpg

So after mounting them i mounted the new mastery cylinder and brake psi switch and ran all new front lines. i just did the front brakes for now to make it moveable for when i show it at GSTA.

sixinarow likes this.
  28. titus

titus

So after all that was done i bled the brake lines and fired her up and pulled it out of the garage.

Ill take a longer video when i find the memory card for the camera!

29. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!