Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 49th anual Big 3 Swappmeet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magoozi, Feb 15, 2015.

1. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Our favorite swappmeet is next weekend Feb. 20,21 and 22 at Qualcomn stadium in San Diego,
    It's put on by the model T club, the model A club and the Early V8 club . It's a great swappmeet and social event, everybody bar b ques and has a great time and is a great source for hard to find early parts.

2. I didn't get a space this year but I'll be there looking for stuff.

3. I'll be there on sat. Can't wait, one of the best swaps around.

4. exterminator

exterminator

Will be my 3rd year going,So much better then Pomona-and its FREE.

5. JimSibley

JimSibley

I miss the big three so much. All of my old friends, good time

6. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Ya Jim, we hav'ent seen you in years, hope all is well

7. Harell Los Angeles

Harell Los Angeles

Looks like good weather for us. Looking forward to seeing everyone for sure!

8. Mike

Mike

I'll probably hop in my late model do a banzai run out on Sat. morning, and blast back to Phoenix that evening.

9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

if you never have been, and you can get there, you need to go.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  10. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

ya, great news it's not going to rain

11. JimSibley

JimSibley

When I moved up here I thought I would hit the big 3 every year just to connect with everyone. Well life gets crazy and I never have time. Maybe next year.

12. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I'll tell Jaime I heard from you

13. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

see ya guys there

14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

take some pics & post here

15. JimSibley

JimSibley

Please do. Maybe next year I will just pop on down for the big 2 and see all of you guys.

16. exterminator

exterminator

Fantastic swapmeet as usual,forgot to take pictures but found what I was looking for!

17. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

We were there yesterday afternoon and all day today. Picked up several items.

18. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

great that you went and found stuff. but, need pics and info on what you bought.

19. VonKool13

VonKool13

Found a pretty decent a frame $175, 40 backing plates nice $5, spring perches for a axle $2, radiator support rod brackets $2, nice pair of glass bucket seats $20. A' front spring $15, and 29 hood top decent $15. Good day indeed.

COOTER likes this.
  20. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I dropped the prices on my 40 brake stuff and sold it all, Our bar b que party was great and had a good time, The swappmeet is huge and all the spaces were sold out but we don't get the big crowds of buyers like we used to, same situation with the LA roadster show swappmeet, not as many people building new cars, and a lot of guys have left the scene due to the recession or just buy on E bay . It's a shame because swappmeets are always a lot of fun and are a great social event.Another factor is our crowd has kids and homes nowand no money for new projects. The following generation are not into car, we had a 27 roadster body and turtle deck and a upholstered seat for 7 hundred dollars and my friend would have taken 5 hundred and it did'nt sell. Kids now days will spend that on a I phone but not on a car, kind of sad our hobby is dieing

21. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

sounds good

22. You must have bought the front spring I was looking for :). I found lots of stuff, weather was great and feet were sore all in all a great day.

Some old wrenches for a $1 each, a clean crescent pointer SW 100 psi oil gauge (X= either 1930 or 1954) for $10 and other stuff I can't remember right now. I was looking for a front A spring, one 18" wire wheel and a Ford panel truck fuel tank. Every year my list gets weirder so I find less parts but it's still very much worth going.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  23. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

A friend of mine scored on a 27 T coupe body with a deck lid for real cheap, another friend found a hard to find 37 desoto bumper and scored on a set of 16 inch wires for cheap. the deals were out there but you had to be fast.

24. Mike

Mike

I scored a set of 4 really nice 15"x6" chrome Jaguar knock off wire wheels for $80. Killer deal.

25. Crankhole

Crankhole

I bought a HOP UP shirt.

VonKool13 likes this.
  26. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

OK ... got the Air Ride compressor at a great price ... gonna use it for the airhorn on the next car. The Cal Custom barefoot isn't Taiwan or Japan; it's Gardena. The ignition cabinet is just storage and the air hose reel were sorta well priced. Also got a 1/4" drive 10mm socket to replace one I can't find; but I 'spect you know what that looks like. My buddy and I also caught a guy who is selling out and we got an ammo can full of 1/4" carbide bits for $25 including the can ... course we needed to buy a $10 hand truck to take it back to the truck. Big3 needs a valet service for heavy parts like some other meets have. swap1.JPG swap2.JPG swap3.JPG

27. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

they do, you just stop any of the guys with the golf karts and they will take you're stuff to you're car or you can drive in after 5 p.m.

28. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

29. VonKool13

VonKool13

You made the right choice, either the Hop Up shirt or the Gay Pride panties. good job.

30. VonKool13

VonKool13

I totally would have bought this, but before I got there I had spent a good chunk of my cash. Don't worry, I have a 16 year old and hes ready to drive. He wants a pre-64 truck. been looking at F1. YES! We don't look for stuff on the bay too much. And Im teaching him to weld.