Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration CARtoons Magazine Coming Back to Print!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CARtoons Magazine, Feb 22, 2015.

1. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

Hi fellow Hambers,
    My name is Marc Methot. I recently filed for the full trademark of CARtoons Magazine with success and I am currently working on bring the mag back to print to be available on mag stands sometime this year for 2015.
    At this moment I am working on finding a Publisher & Distrubitor that best suits the magazine and hopefully can keep cover prices down. I have lined up at least three original artists from CARtoons that I am working with. Also there will be special guest appearances from famous artists from the car culture industry, along with new unknown artists that there talent is so extreme, they need to be seen through the magazine. I plan to keep the magazine as original as possible with a mixture of old style with new. Next I plan on bringing back the Iron-on insert we all loved when we purchased each earlier issue. The magazine with come out every second month with a special end of the year issue.
    Because I am at the first stages of getting this mag to print, there are no dates of release at this moment. All I can tell you is that I am working on a trial issue #0, to get a feel of the industry today financially and demand. Also the magazine will be distributed across the USA and Canada and eventually world world. For those over seas readers, I will have a digital copy available each month.

Another thing is that I will always be looking for artists from full time issue positions, to readers artwork submissions. I am looking for artists that can do:
    -black and white comic strips
    -black and white full page illustrations
    -full color covers
    -full solid color iron-on inserts

If you are interested to apply, please submit samples of your work to [email protected] and I will keep your application on file til I am ready to contact all artists. No work submitted will be used in the magazine, but just used as reference.

To get full updates of the magazine, check out the official Facebook page "CARtoons Magazine" and there you will see samples and updated news of how the magazine is coming along. I will try my best to post updates and sneakpeeks here for those that don't deal with Facebook.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=166599510031014&ref=bookmark

Help support the return of CARtoons magazine. Spread the word and hopefully the magazine will be back to stay for many years to come for everyone to enjoy. Thanks for your time.

Sincerely:

CEO of CARtoons Magazine
    Marc Methot

2. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

wow I used to read every issue I could get ahold of , krass and Bernie were a favorite , I even found an old weathered issue under some magazines I was digging through the other day good memories

3. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

That's cool, I just hope the cost won't be too high. That is why I don't buy magazines anymore. Even those tabloid magazines are 5 bucks now. If you offer a good subscription deal, I'll go for that but it's got to have the critters.

4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Jeff Norwell would be killer for this...love his style

5. Love it!! I been wondering what Krass & Bernie have been up to all these years...I bet they haven't aged a bit lol!

OahuEli and BIG PORT JIMMY 6 like this.
  6. Trosley has to do it or it wont be the same.

51 BIRD likes this.
  7. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

The last time I read one of those I got caught reading it in class................................

JimSibley likes this.
  8. YBNORML

YBNORML
    from canada

This is cool. I still have about a dozen issues in my magazine racks. I sure hope you can get trosley to join in.

He's still writing Krass and Bernie in Car Craft.

9. Yessssss loved it as a kid....please don't modernize it too much....don't wanna see a bunch of winged import crap....unless it's getting stomped on, or made fun of....would be cool to see some of the Kulture Artists get into this...Pizz, Franco, Mcphail, Weesner, etc

10. i was always more of a fan of Unk and them Varmints .... that may be dating myself

soddruntlestuntle likes this.
  11. I'd buy it if it was for sale down my way, prob won't do on line version.
    Good luck, it was a cool mag.
    IMG_20150223_103929.jpg

Martin Harris likes this.
  12. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

As I have to hit all car cultures from Hot Rods, Kustoms, Led Sleds to Mini Trucks and Imports. But to ease your mind, anything modern will be from the 70's and older. So when you see the import issue, it will be filled with classic imports from the 60's and 70's. no modern big winged cars. ;)

Mark A likes this.
  13. care to mention who the three original artists are?

51 BIRD likes this.
  14. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

it may a good idea to included newer "90s" imports because otherwise, you will be shutting out potential customers. In other words, you could introduce "CarToons" to a whole new generation.

metal man likes this.
  15. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

I know what you mean, but anyone into the import or mini truck scene love the older mini trucks and imports. Seems the classic imports are getting more popular everyday. Maybe in the future, I will do special issues just for those modern car culture enthusiasts.

16. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

A
    I am in contact with George Trosley, Fred Boatman, Bob Hardin and a few others.

17. I disagree. Your easy sell market are the guys who grew up with it and would line up to buy them. Your import guy will have to be sold on the idea. Plus, put imports in and chase away the others. If I saw CARtoons with imports on the cover, I'd roll my eyes and walk away.

18. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Many of the guys who grew up reading "CarToons" are dropping like flies (not trying to be funny) so that line will be short. Plus magazines don't sell like they used to, just look at limited numbers of magazine available today as compared to 5 years ago. It's only a 4th of what it once was. Heck, 7-11 doesn't even carry magazine period, anymore. The new generation and their imports can't be ignored.

19. Agree to disagree. If the magazine is like it was, I'll buy it, if it loses its "style", I keep my money. I'm not worried, I have STACKS of the old ones, iron ons still inside.

20. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

I would love to see it come back I have a majority of the original issues and still read them on occasion Trosley is a must I have seen Krass and Bernie in Car Craft and it's still great. Does Trosley still work his other Cartoon gIg.

21. Yes he does :D

22. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

I also liked DRAGtoons, actually better than CARtoons. Didn't buy many of either when they were new, didn't have the cash, usually. Had a choice of the CarModel or HO mags, or Ct/Dt, didn't have the cash, usually. Still, both were really funny, esp the lampooning of egos... :D . Got quite a kick out of WonderWarthog, among others. :D .
    If you get this up-n-running - & I hope you revive it, will subscriptions (other than online) be available? Chasing down @ some bookstore is a real pain - & not too many of those left.
    Marcus...

23. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Imports, exports, early iron, vintage tin, old guys, young bucks, whatever Cartoons was always cool I guess it's all about what your partial to. Who's to say what will sell this new magazine. In any case "Good Luck" on your endeavor I wish you much success.

Pat

24. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

That was one of my favorites. I bought them as soon as they hit the newsstand. It is cool to see something like that revived. Good show!

25. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

It's a numbers game and to exclude imports would be financial suicide. As someone already mentioned, the guys that remembered them from "back in the day" are fading fast. This is not to say that Hondas with fart cans would be front and center, but the owners are still car guys. And the fact that they own imports might mean that they do have a sense of humor!

26. Good luck with your venture,I read it when I was a kid. HRP

27. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I wish I had kept all the ones I had. Looking forward to the new issues. Above all....don't discriminate, make fun of everybody.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  28. toml24

toml24

The CARtoons magazines from the late 1960's were, IMHO, the best. To start off, I recommend 1-page story lines and offer them to the monthly magazines. That would be the yardstick for your future. The great test is will the viewer/reader laugh out loud at both the images and the story. You need to be off-the-wall outrageous and clever without being offensive. I wish you all the best.

29. V8s always had the WAAAAAAAAA or BRRRRAAAAAAAAAPPP. What sounds do blenders make? HMMMMMMMMM.

3wLarry likes this.
  30. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I don't remember DragToons but I remember CycleToons.