Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 33 chevy 3w....time for a cool change

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by tb33anda3rd, Feb 11, 2014.

1. i told my wife getting the car done is priority #1, and unless something is leaking, falling in, or on fire in the house, i am staying focused on it. :cool:

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. was able to get all the wood working done....without waking the cat:rolleyes::cool: DSCF3716.JPG DSCF3718.JPG DSCF3719.JPG DSCF3715.JPG

LOU WELLS, kiwijeff and volvobrynk like this.
  3. i sanded it all down cleaned and painted the new wood. pictures are bad it looks much better in person.:cool:

Attached Files:

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. pumpman

pumpman

Looks good to me. I see you have a new helper there.

5. greaser

greaser

6. thanks, he is a great mouser.......when he is awake

thank you.
    worked on the new door panels and kick panels. i made the kick panels using the first attempt at the door panels. i am going to leave them the black, vinyl finish. the door panels i am going to mark where i want the split between the black top and the white rolls. i am also going to have a strip of black hook and loop carpet along the bottom edge. i also started making a template for the front carpet. i want to get them to the upholsterer to get done during his slow time. DSCF3725.JPG DSCF3726.JPG

volvobrynk likes this.
  7. Slopok

Slopok

Don't look like your dog is to interested in chasing the cat either. Sleeps a lot to according to the avatar.:)

8. yep, he has two speeds, full and stop. DSCF1514.JPG

9. DSCF3728.JPG i also put a new drain hose for the rear window in. the old rubber one broke like a piece of glass.
    i made up a set of blocks to mount the rear inner panels but did not mount them yet.

10. belair_54

belair_54
    from australia

Hi cool thread I imported a cool 33 3 window master coupe from Germany originally from Argentina now living in Australia 7 months ago. Original Right hand drive. Don't have the heart to modify it although someone converted it to hydraulic brakes im still just trying to get it driving a lot of bandaid fixes over the years heaps of oil leaks. A few differences to the US versions has a completely filled roof, apparently Argentina had some of the best body manufacturers in the world not sure? 1933chevy3.jpg 1933chevy3.jpg 1933chevy4.jpg 1933chevy4.jpg 1933chevy4.jpg 1933chevy1.jpg 1933chevy2.jpg 1933chevy2.jpg

11. that car is nice! i wonder if they filled the roof ?

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. i kept working on the inner panels, i was able to make both rear panels with the remaining piece of abs. i used a piece of paper to make a template, cut the pieces a little large and then took my time trimming to fit DSCF3730.JPG DSCF3731.JPG DSCF3732.JPG

volvobrynk likes this.
  13. camera lens is dirty.
    pulled the panels out, and used a heat gun to remove the "sound deadener" my dad a brushed on back when he was building it. he said it was something they sold for this purpose. i found a little rust along the bottom edge, so i sand blasted the rust off. DSCF3733.JPG DSCF3734.JPG DSCF3735.JPG

volvobrynk likes this.
  14. found a few pin holes that had to be welded up. DSCF3738.JPG DSCF3739.JPG
    this body work is starting to snowball like 31vicky's coupe:D [ok i know, go F'myself]

15. i wanted to put a couple braces up the post for a little overkill. i will put a couple holes in the upper piece for a shoulder belt in the future [maybe]. i removed the wood screws that held the dove tail, and the door latch and drilled a 1/4 hole clear through the post and brace. i also removed the rubber bumpers and drilled a hole behind them and countersunk it. i used flathead machine screws to hold it all in. DSCF3740.JPG DSCF3741.JPG DSCF3742.JPG

volvobrynk likes this.
  16. put a coat of paint on everything before leaving for the day. DSCF3743.JPG DSCF3744.JPG

volvobrynk likes this.
  17. GregCT.

GregCT.
    from CT.

Looking good Ted! Success in my definition is the " progressive realization of a worthwhile dream".

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  18. pumpman

pumpman

Dang, you are really moving along. Wish I could say the same on my deuce.

19. thanks Greg.
    you went all Earl Nightingale? i would have thought you more of a larry the cable guy...."gittin-er-done"

20. GregCT.

GregCT.
    from CT.

Never heard of him. Good for the scholar in you Ted.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  21. it feels good to cross projects off the list:)

22. Looking good, Teddy! Not sure how you're braving those frigid temps...it's in the 40's here and I'm afraid to go into the garage :eek:

23. thanks Gary, we are wishing for 40's here.
    a non traditional radiant heated floor in the barn.....and long underwear:)

gwhite likes this.
  24. We're hoping for 30's up here ;) Just got rid of the ice in front of my garage door. Maybe I can back mine out this weekend and fire it up!

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  25. Michael Pukash

Michael Pukash

Would you be so kind to give me a measurement between the b pillars? I have a 34 in pieces and the pillars are free. No floor yet. thanks, Mike

26. papa Mike it is 45.5" but remember this is a '33 mercury series it may be smaller than yours. DSCF3754.JPG

27. i started to put the sound deadener in the car, and in the photo you can see the inner braces back in after painting them.
    sandblaster was in the neighborhood so i took the rear fenders off so he could blast them. DSCF3750.JPG DSCF3745.JPG

volvobrynk likes this.
  28. i worked on reproducing the tranny cover my dad had made. he made it from plywood but when i changed the motors over back in high school i never put it back in. i made it out of sheet metal.
    first picture is of the first one i made.....but i measured wrong and it was too small.:( the final one fit and i welded the corners and blasted it in the cabinet to get it ready for paint. DSCF3753.JPG DSCF3747.JPG DSCF3746.JPG

LOU WELLS, TFoch and volvobrynk like this.
  29. on the edge of the inner panels i want to add a piece of trim to strengthen the edge and hold the wind lace. i started making them by running a piece of sheet metal through the bead roller. i made these rollers to duplicate the trim on a dodge truck i restored. i then cut right to the edge of the bead and sanded and filed it smooth. DSCF3751.JPG DSCF3752.JPG DSCF3756.JPG

30. my original plan was to cut it even with the bottom of the dash but i am thinking now i should run it up along the dash and trim it to fit in the gap next to the dash. i think it will be better than using the wind lace to finish that edge off.
    any thoughts? what have you done to trim this area? DSCF3757.JPG DSCF3758.JPG

TFoch and oldcars.acadia like this.