Register now to get rid of these ads!

What cool car did you own in your Senior Year of high school?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2many projects, Aug 29, 2008.

1. indyjps

indyjps

69 camaro running low 12's by my senior year, got a pic of me swapping a new center section in the 9" about 3 hours before I was due to pick up my prom date.

2. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

<--- This old buckboard to the left. Class of 1975. 2 engines later... still revin'

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    Ron Funkhouser and blowby like this.
  3. Kustomkid

Kustomkid
    from Montana

I drove a 59 el camino and a chopped 32 ford pickup with a 276 desoto hemi.

4. 69 Nova, 327, 671 blower, two 660 center squirters. 10 point cage. My prom date tore her gown on prom night trying to climb over the side bar of the roll cage getting in it. Good times!!:eek::D:D

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  5. DW55

DW55

55 chevy with a 327 ,4 speed and a 4.88 posi

6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Class of 72
    57 Bel Air 2 dr. h.t. Yellow/White, black nauga.
    283, t-10 4 spd, 411rear, appliance headers w/ direct mount purple hornies (outlawed).
    I say huh all the time because of these mufflers.
    Flamed hood w/Grumpy scoop
    Cragars

7. Class of 66.Had a cherry body 1940 Ford convertible that came from Georgia(I lived in south Texas)had hopped up flatmotor (my first of many) sold for $400 running; bought nice 60 Corvette,4 spd,220 h.p. Dual quad motor,lift off hardtop,wonder bar radio for $800(that's all they were worth) drove one year,sold for $800,paid cash for new 68 RoadRunner $2842.80.Super Shell 104 octane was 0.25 cents per gallon. That's right, a quarter! Those days are gone forever!

8. jimcolwell

jimcolwell
    from Amarillo

Senior year 1969

1964 Plymouth Belvedere 2 door hard top 318 / torqeflight boat car

9. FLATROCKER

FLATROCKER
    from nw ohio

Class of 86'- 1967 chevelle SS 396. Still have it , waiting to do a frame off.

JimSibley likes this.
  10. nelson845

nelson845
    from Sewaren,NJ

Public transportation.

11. exterminator

exterminator

1958 ford 4-door.Had Earl scheib $29.00 paint job(orange),black interior with not interior paint-which came off on a girls dress.Oh the memories!LOL

13. Somewhere I have a pic of it I think- I had a '56 Chevy shortbox with a camaro stub, 427 big block and hemi 4 speed. Should've kept it... And don't try giving me shit about the Dodge transmission. It was a way better box than any Muncie I've run.

14. Ingemar on the speed shift, Mease on the fender.jpg

My '40 Pontiac that my buddies and I started in my sophomore year. We installed a '52 Oldsmobile 303'' in that one.
    Never really got it completed the way I would have liked. Wish I still had that one.

The '57 Bel Air Sport Sedan was a low horse factory fuel car that I built up into a high horse plus spec. car while taking some post grad courses.
    That car was a lot of fun and a great learning experience.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  15. oldsrocket

oldsrocket

It was 1998. I had a 1962 Ford F-100 I had spent the last two previous years converting from rusty hulk to something resembling a solid truck. Was into old cars since I was in the single digits. Learned all I could from reading manuals and the rare occasion when a distant neighbor would stop by and offer advice.

[​IMG]

don't have any "before" pictures on the computer.

16. 56\'s and 57 I owned.jpg
    I was heavy into Sport Sedans my last 2 years at WHS.

17. 1957 Bel Air Fuelie.jpg

This Sport Sedan Fuelie followed me through H.S., Post Grad courses and thru College for 2 more years.
    It had way more oomph than my '56.

I had a rose colored '57 Bel Air convertible also in my senior year but never took pictures of it.
    The convertible is the one I miss the most and owned for the least amount of time.

The trophys were not mine. Robbed them off my dad's mantelpiece one day while my brother Doug worked the camera.
    Dad did a lot of sports car racing and auto crossing in those days and collected the silverware. I liberated them for the Kodak moment.

18. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

nice Hot Rod '55 Chevy post that was totaled by a drunk plowing into it. then bought a '57 Chevy post and swapped in '55 drivetrain. got a '63 Buick Riviera for Graduation.

19. JimSibley

JimSibley

I had a 56 vw baja bug. Lifted 10 inches with 35 inch tires on it. White paint and blue flames.

20. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

Senior 1990. A non-hamb friendly 1969 Z/28 RS. 302 / M21 close ratio 4:10 "BV" posi. Took me 4 yrs to get her bought & wrote letters to owner to persuade him to sell it. Paid off, it sat since 1976, 89,xxx orig miles. I preserved the body but ran the ever living xxxx out of her! 2 stroke pizzaz at high rpm. image.jpg image.jpg OIR Raceway, home away from home, also ran some at George Ray's Dragstrip in Paragould, Ar. image.jpg Still got her. Never for sale. Currently stripped to a bare hull, originally white stripes on the code 67 burgandy, with white houndstooth deluxe int. I loved it as I acquired it, shackled, L60 tigerpaws, traction bars, diamond pattern tuck n roll all over, 8 track. Bought nos gm everything in late 80's' in early 90's scored a genuine crossram & 585 holleys. I Give it to my boy he's a die hard car guy even though he's 12. Original purchase price..... $4,500, best deal I ever made. Flux

21. Drove this when I was a HS Junior. "53 Ford Mainline, rebuilt Flathead from Sears, '54 DeSoto grille, '56 Olds tailights, de-chromed hood and deck. 11092014.jpg

22. Then drove this as a HS Senior. '64 Ford Galaxie, Wimbledon White, 289/C-4. Had rather rare T-Bird option, slide-away-steering. Wish I had it back. 11092014_0001.jpg

23. Class of 1954, had a '36 Ford 3 window coupe...don't have the coupe anymore but still have the girl, 61 years later!

Attached Files:

24. I had a '36 Ford Phaeton, a '36 5 window and a '57 Pontiac Star Chief.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  25. 29aah1

29aah1
    from Indiana

Class of '69
    '66 Buick GS
    401 4-speed
    and yes I wish I still had it

26. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

55 chevy hardtop started life as a 265 powerglide. After about two month driving it I found the so called rebuilt motor was real tired an the powerglide leaked an slipped bad.
    I found a real nice 283 had it bored 60 over got a nice used set of TRW popup pistons, a dontov solid lifter cam, 270HP top end heads, carbs intake, distribtor and a flat corvette air cleaner. Changed it over to a 3 speed with a hurst shifter.
    This was my first Sbc rebuild I remember not being able to get it started when it was all done. It kept back firing. I went up to the local gas station and ask the mechanic what is going on.
    He said lets go take a look he jumped in his truck and came to the house and educated me on how to set the dist and timing on a sbc. To this day I have never forgot his kindness helping out a punk kid he dident know.
    Anyway after I got it running valves adjusted (what a oily mess that was). Took it down the road what a difference the new motor was. Ron

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

flux capacitor likes this.
  27. Flux- I knew I liked you

flux capacitor likes this.
  28. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

LOL! Thanks! After all no matter what any of our ages are I'm betting safe to say most of us are froze in our minds as seniors in high school! No A/C, no P/S, no big deal they just suck precious horsepower. Now I perfer both these. O' the glory days.......... Flux

fourspeedwagon likes this.
  29. class of 84. 66 chevelle l-79 327/4-speed 4:11. i got it feb 9th 1984 as a senior. i drove it as regular transportation until the fall of that year. i traded it for a 39 ford coupe that fall. big mistake. it didnt go too far just about a mile away. it sat there undriven for years. about 2004 the guy i sold it to moves to kentucky taking the car with him. when he passed away his son inherited it and trailers it to south dakota. i had been looking for the car for about five years and after 26 years from the last time i saw it my wife who i met in that car was on face book and sees the guys kid who i sold it to. i went to school with this guy. we make contact and the guy still has the car. they never drove it. due to health reasons he sells me the car back. it was never titled in his name. i pulled back the carpet and found my probationary license and some other cool stuff i hadnt seen in years. i got the car running again in time for my daughters prom. they took it and had alot of fun just like i did. the car will go through a complete restoration. not a stock original resto but a resto to my hs days. hurst shifters and ladder bars accel coil that sort of thing. for the last few years we jump in it and cruise around like the old days. it drives the same smells the same etc. the only difference when i drive it is when i look in the rear view mirror. i got a little older. this car will never be sold. as a sad note the guy i bought it back from passed away a year after i reaquired it. he was able to see a few pics of the car all back together. my wife and i both feel it was some how meant to be getting it back. long gone are the days of no responsibility. this car in a way allows us to return to those days.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  30. CLASS 66 I HAD A 30 TRUCK 283 CHEVY HEADERS 4;88 GEARS WIDE SLICKS CAM PAINTED BLUE LOT FUN TIM