Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 41-48 Ford Customs which do you like, business coupe or long door??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by koolkemp, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Unchopped I'm with the long door. If the roof is chopped a short door coupe is acceptable.
    I'm highly prejudiced toward the LONG door coupe. That's what I own.

micamountain likes this.
  2. image.jpg Here is my 41 long door - it was my Grandpa's from new and in 41 he started to hop it up - set it aside to go to Europe and finished the hop up in late 46 - it's more typical of the regular joes hopped up car or a mild custom.
    I really dig it's restrained look - worked in the 40s and still works for me today!

Aussie 48 likes this.
  3. ^^^^^Have to agree; a timeless beauty, and how great to have the family history!
    Always been a fan of the long doors..

4. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Given a choice I'd go for the short door coupe.

5. I never had a short door, my '46 was a long door. But I like them both equally I think.

I think if I had to make a distinction the long door would probably make for a better looking custom then the short door. But that is just something rolling around in my head.

6. Aussie 48

Aussie 48

7. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

IMG_0359.JPG My Long Door 48 IMG_0358.JPG

Asphalt Angel likes this.
  8. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

I am an old fart, so like them all..
    That body style is just way cool most any way you do it !

9. I have debated this conundrum with myself for some time. I think the long door is more proportional and has a more pleasing look, but the short door is somewhat different because I don't see as many of them so I am more attracted to them. I guess like beaner, I like them equally well...6 of one, half dozen of the other.

10. Here is an update on my car. Originally I wanted an unchopped short door coupe, but I have since changed my car dramatically. I chopped it 4" and leaned the windshield back and also kept the 1/4windows the stock length. These modifications lend a long and low look to my car. Unchopped cars I still say short door over long door. Long doors almost have to be cut to remove the hump in the roof.
    Matt

11. But thats what I like about the long door roof line. I can't believe everyone doesn't like exactly what I like...;)

Aussie 48 and 41FordSuperDeluxe like this.