Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Ct. gas station closed till thaw !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by edcodesign, Feb 13, 2015.

1. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

2. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Be glad we are in the North West CT- not the North East CT- we are due to get about 6 more this weekend- they could get over a foot more!

3. here in the Sunny Southland we are having some frigid weather but thankfully none of that white stuff. HRP

4. get your snowblower ready for the next load

5. Think Spring. Fuc_ this polar vortex shi_. HOTRODPRIMER I feel for you, frigid in the Sunny Southland we are expecting low temps -8 degrees within the next few days.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  6. the 37kid will finish his car before the snow piles melt at my house.

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

.................less the wiring. Bob

8. :D Get to work Bob! HRP

9. dentisaurus

dentisaurus
    from Boston

Right there with you
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1423875530.781255.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

I am in the middle of the state so never really sure what we are going to get at My house. Too much snow for my liking. Too cold too!

Pete

11. white stuff covering every thing ? that don't look like much fun, But it is cold here at the beach.

12. GTS225

GTS225

C'mon, guys! What's so bad about snowflakes!? So light, so fluffy, so quiet....no two alike.......

and then them little bastards gotta gang up on ya!

We don't have near what you nor' easterners have, so I feel for you, too.

Roger

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  13. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This, among other reasons, is why I left Connecticut for California.

It was 75º and sunny today. Just some little fluffy clouds....

14. It got down to a chilly 82 degrees today here :)

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  15. cometman98006

cometman98006

Wish you could send some our way. The Cascade mountains didn't get enough snow for the ski resorts to open. Think water shortage this summer.

16. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pretty much the same story for the Sierra Nevada, down here.

17. BERNIES WELDING

BERNIES WELDING

well growing up in Milford i saw some wicked winters. one year we had a snow storm blow in and it started snowing and continued for almost three days. when we finally dug out at home we went downtown where he had his optical shop on 23 river st. when we got there my eyes about popped out of my head. the snow had drifted up against the front of the buildings from the railroad bridge to the intersection where the cops stood in the big trash can to direct traffic. it took the city about two or 3 days to get things cleaned up enough so we and other businesses on the street could get in and finish cleaning and open our doors.

don't complain the days off from school were the best part. i made good money shoveling snow. this was about 1963 or 1963. it was also so cold the Milford harbor froze over all the way down to the yacht club.

Ford52PU likes this.
  18. i tried wearing snow shoes to work the other day.....pain in the ass....kept getting tangled in the pedals.

kiwijeff and blowby like this.
  19. GTS225

GTS225

DAMMIT! You 'bout made me spew my ice cream!
    "snow shoes".....aren't those a bit on the chilly side?

Roger

20. belair

belair

We don't have snow flakes that gang up on you, but we do have fire ants. At least the snow is pretty.

21. [​IMG]

22. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Always kind of wanted to live in a snow area, it looks so serene, cozy and romantic. Am I only thinking of the up side?

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  23. It's going to be about 65 to 70 here in southern Colorado today and my family in Tennessee thinks were freezing to death out here. I'll be out finishing up the radiator on the '47 in short sleeves.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

If this comes out, sounding personal, just say to you self, I can't be the only one who has summer all year.

But wtf, just ain't fair. We have a mild winter over here, that means freezing at night and just above freezing at day time.
    In teens that means wind is blowing, half the days it rains, the other part we battle in the mud to make it know where slow.
    The sum comes up around 8 in the morning, sun goes down at 5. So dark when I leave home, dark when I return, shitty when at work and dark and shitty when I'm home.

Please re-introduce snow to me again, never thought I miss that stuff.

I hope you summer dudes, @Race 39, @HRP @prewarcars4me, fest a slight sun burn I February while I struggle to not loose my last broken marbels.

leadfootloon and blowby like this.
  25. nice weather in wenatchee wa. today! could really use some snow in the mountains!

26. gas & guns

gas & guns

Snow sucks... A couple yrs back I was on a hunting trip, I received a text from the boy, it read..."Big storm coming. What should I do?"
    I text back, "Stick a snow shovel up your ass and run down the driveway backwards.".........
    Then I found out the wife had borrowed the boys phone.

27. finn

finn

zero degrees and a whiteout today: Can't see across the lake.

28. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Well, I'm way down here in GA and I'm damned tired of the weather up there. I flew to Akron, Ohio last week and bought a super nice '40 Ford Deluxe coupe in nearby Massillon, OH. flew back home , got Hagerty ins. on it, and all of this week I've been watching weather forecasts from here to there while I got a couple other obligations cleared up. The extended forecast forecast up I-77 to there keeps changing every day.
    Can any of yall up there tell me if I should get some sort of fuel additive for my Chev. Duramax diesel so as to help it start in the extreme cold up there?

29. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Admit it- you knew it was from her.....

volvobrynk likes this.
  30. coupe33

coupe33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well we peaked at 8 above today it started below 0. Just out stacking a little wood and we have over 7 FT so far this month and a little snow coming ( 14"/18" ) it has been coming down pretty regular the last 2 weeks. I think the people that stay in the north use winter for building and maintaining!