Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical anyone use speedway economy flathead headers on AV8?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by twenty8tudor, Feb 11, 2015.

1. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

just wondering if anyone has ever used these headers from speedway.. putting together an 28 rpu using vega box.
    header.jpg

specs said "probably" wont fit model A. just wondering if anyone has ever used these... looks like they would work and for 119.00 its worth a shot.. havent really been able to find any weldup kits.. just flanges..

2. Did you check with Gear Drive?Hamb vendor to boot.

3. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

no i didnt... figured he just did/had lake pipe kits.. will check with him though..

4. We have sold 100's of pairs of these headers! Only had one set with any type of flaw...remember any speedway order processed through Kelly's Hot Rod parts over $500 gets free shipping 24/7 365 days a year!! www.kellyshotrodparts.com

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

has anyone used them on an AV8 or were they being used on other applications?

6. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Those are the headers I have on a Model A I'm building now. I have a 56 F100 steering box that has been modified to sit closer to the frame and they work but are close. Attached pictures.

Attached Files:

7. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

THANKS for the pics.. looks like the front tube would be close on the vega box.. i will look at it when i get home and see what it looks like compared to your pics..

8. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

can get you a measurement if it will help.

9. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I used the other style ( outlet flange ) on an A w/v8 . The flanged style work great . I have had the non flanged style in hand , I do not think they will work on an A w/V8 , look more like fat fender style that have more room

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

You talking about the center dump headers?

11. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

From the looks of the pic and looking at mine it sure seems like they would work...

ImageUploadedByTJJ1423703410.631712.jpg

ImageUploadedByTJJ1423703455.116189.jpg

12. On our 32 we got the Speedway header flange by itself and crafted our tube headers from that. Nice custom look I think. We use a Vega box too. We are lucky enough to have a local muffler guy who is super with the bender and welder. See our video below...