Register now to get rid of these ads!

The "Uncertain T"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chaz, May 24, 2005.

1. verde742

verde742

I tried to stay interested in this, but the results never ended, it just goes on and on...check in to see if something changed,, Dang !!!, NOPE !!

2. the DutchDude

the DutchDude

Unfortunatly i'd have to agree on this..
    Read that the friend that was going to restore it got back on his word and was in financial trouble.
    That being true, why not sell it? (word of it being sold would definatly get around)
    Also, as someone that loves to see pictures etc cause you lost them at one time during youre draft, wouldn't you have wanted a picture of it as it sits now in the +-30 years he has owned it? (i believe the current owner purchased it in the 80's from you?)

Sorry to say, but i think it's disrespectfull if true, to lie about it to all those that loved this car for so long!

3. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Read back through all the posts. The guy got attacked repeatedly and left this forum like many others have. Guys keep getting on this thread to try and get him to answer still. He built a cool car that became famous. He owes us nothing .Bashing people for any reason only runs them off. Our hobby is small enough. Move on. The guy is gone !

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    Nobey, JimSibley and Dick Stevens like this.
  4. ^^^^^^^^ What he said!

5. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

^^^absolutely true^^^ what is the point?

6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I think the point is that we will never see this car again.
    I'd like to be wrong but I don't believe that will be the case.
    It's kind of a shame really.

Scooterville likes this.
  7. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Larry, I agree we will most likely never see this car again, but why rag on Steve Scott? Some people get pretty bad with the comments and I just don't see why people feel the need to do that. I personally don't feel that we are entitled to anything. JMO

8. the DutchDude

the DutchDude

We aren't, but are we entitled to being misled if so?
    Some of you guys complain about people like me reviving this thread and going on about the car's whereabouts, but who's keeping the candle to this endless discussion lid when Scott is the one comin on this thread tellin everyone it's somewhere in California.
    i truelly hope all this is true, and we will get to see my favourite showrod ever built again, but i sadly doubt it..
    For those of you thinking i am bashing or ragging on Scott, that is not my intention, just giving my view on this, as this is a public forum where anyone can share their honest opinion right??
    sometimes it's just not what some people wanna hear, but isn't that what this thread is about? lol

Scooterville likes this.
  9. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

It was and hopefully still is a great car, super way ahead of it's time in that crazy era, lets just hope we can see it again in the future.

10. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I was never a fan of the Uncertain T then and don't really care if it is restored or if it doesn't even exist anymore. That being said, I just can't see getting so worked up over the whole deal, it isn't like a lot of people haven't told a lie or two when they get to talking about the old glory days. I am not meaning to single anyone out for this, it is just my opinion that it would be best to forget about it and worry about more important things.

Deuces and verde742 like this.
  11. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

It's kinda sad. This guy evidently did something really great in his young life and things didn't really go to well after that.
    He really doesn't owe us anything but the truth and time will eventually tell if he has. Or not.
    I really wish him well but think if he keeps making bad decisions nothing will change or get better for him.

12. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I think it's funny that anyone can write anything off in this hobby where shit will sit in a dusty garage for 70 years for no good reason then pop up out of nowhere.

kidcampbell71 and Jimmy B like this.
  13. verde742

verde742

here's some thoughts from me: a nobody,>> There is a real old book, and It's title is "Is there life after High School? " and the premise is, Those that achieved fame in Hi School, reached their highest point of success, (cheerleader, quarterback, prom king or queen.) and from then on, they could never duplicate that success, so some sit on a bar stool and re-lived it forever after, some killed them self.. some moved on with their memories. I feel Steve Scott for whatever reasons, cannot duplicate his fame, so became reclusive. At an older age, its hard to duplicate how you WOW-ED the crowd at 23 years old..
    To quote a friend of mine who was of tremendous talent: Don said, All kids draw pictures, the trick is to get them to continue that youthful spirit as they age. Some draw till they die, and some make an excellent living at it..
    To expect Steve Scott to blow us away with something so un- conventional again, is crazy..
    Even Steve Scott is probably disappointed circumstances won't allow it..
    I would like to think the planets will align for him again, I just don't see it happening.
    I have talked to him on phone, found myself tilting my head and pounding above my ear.
    No, I don't know him personally. Analogy over, back to regular program..

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    Kan Kustom and prewarcars4me like this.
  14. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Hey Steve is on Facebook weekly - if you got a bitch with him go at it. He's just a guy trying to hang on like the rest of us.

Kan Kustom likes this.
  15. CHOPTOP_T

CHOPTOP_T
    from place

And from the stuff steve scott post on facebook he lives in volcano , hawaii

16. It's been what, 45 years?
    Don't think we will see the Uncertain T again!
    Jeeez! :eek:

verde742 likes this.
  17. butch27

butch27

I like it better than the original.

18. saltracer219

saltracer219

Well, ya never know. The Orange Crate was in a box trailer for damn near 40 years in northern Washington. Now it's less than 2 miles from my house. Go figure.....

19. The Kiwi re-creation:

20. clem

clem

Thanks for posting the video. I’ve been looking for it. Aired here locally a few weeks back.

HEMI32, loudbang and Lil32 like this.
  21. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

It would be really cool if Steve Scott could be with it at its debut !

loudbang and Lil32 like this.
  22. clem

clem

Debut was at sema ?, - been and gone.
    Car is doing show circuit in US in the new year.

HEMI32 and loudbang like this.
  23. A lot of work, it turned out great.

loudbang likes this.
  24. I've always loved this car. It's suppose to be at Bartle Hall in Kansas City in Feb. I'll go just to see it.

Kan Kustom and loudbang like this.
  25. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Why would Steve Scott say he has the original "T" unless he knew 2 things, he does have it or knows for certain that the original is gone forever. Anyone sent any Buick or injection parts, wheel/tires to the Big Island to an anonymous buyer ?

26. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Beautiful. Fell in love with the original at an early age. Love the new one as much.

loudbang likes this.
  27. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Thanks for the heads up about being at Bartle Hall. I was was wondering if the car would come close to us. I will be there now too !

loudbang likes this.
  28. To my knowledge, Steve Scott has never stated HE has the original “T” ... not here on the H.A.M.B. ... not on his short-lived website ... and not on his Facebook page.

What he has stated is that he knows where the original “Uncertain T” show car is supposedly located (i.e., in a vineyard region of Northern California) ... and that he has (or had) some of the original “Uncertain T” model kits.

lurker mick, loudbang and clem like this.
  29. Here's the USA Tour schedule for Martin Bennett's "Uncertain T" tribute:
    • (2019) November 5 - 8 ... SEMA - Las Vegas Convention Center (Las Vegas, NV)
    • (2020) January 24 - 26 ... Grand National Roadster Show - Pomona Fairplex Center (Pomona, CA)
    • (2020) February 14 - 16 ... {Dallas} Autorama - Market Hall (Dallas, TX)
    • (2020) February 21 - 23 ... {Kansas City} World Of Wheels - Bartle Hall (Kansas City, MO)
    • (2020) February 28 - March 1 ... {Detriot} Autorama - Cobo Center (Detroit, MI)
    • (2020) March 6 - 8 ... {Chicago} World Of Wheels - Donald E. Stephens Convention Center (Chicago, IL)
    • (2020) March 13 - 15 ... {Salt Lake} Autorama - Mountain America Exposition Center (Salt Lake City, UT)

loudbang and clem like this.
  30. exterminator

exterminator

Looking forward to see it at the GNRS.