Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Survey - The future of watching Hot Rod / Motorcycle films - Motornation!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evel, Nov 17, 2014.

?
  1. Yes no brainer

50 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. Maybe

39 vote(s)
    37.1%
  3. No i'll stick with cable tv

16 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. First No Beta, next No VHS's, then No vinyl, and now No DVD's? What is an illiterate Hotrodder to do?

I guess it's all for the good... just make it simple on us old codgers!

Anybody want to buy my Mad fabricator records?

kiwijeff likes this.
  2. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

I'm thinking I'll probably subscribe. I already see a few titles I had been wanting to buy. I couldn't get the trailer to open in full screen mode though on my smart tv. It will go into full screen mode on my computer, but when I click that icon on my tv it doesn't really do anything.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  3. If any of you a doubting the value of this, I just watched Mad Fabricators episode 1 and Mid west fabrication episode 1....I'm about to watch Brian Darwas "this is long beach"...... all for$5.99 a month. Cancel anytime....I already got my monies worth this month.

Don't question it. Just go out and do it.

You can thank me later.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

jakespeed63 likes this.
  4. Looks like I can watch on my Kindle Fire, which I think I can stream to my Fire TV so I can watch on the big screen. Is there a chance this will be available for Fire TV so I can just watch directly?

I just subscribed ... looking forward to watching.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  5. I just subscribed and have watched a couple shows on my PC. It's already Well worth the money.

Sent from my flip phone.

6. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Signed up, love it.

7. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

It should be in NZ can you try a computer first? then check your phone.. I now it is I've had subscribers already..

kiwijeff likes this.
  8. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Sure can.. Not contracts cancel anytime

LSGUN likes this.
  9. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

sure you got to www.motornation.tv and click on any of the premier titles and a pop up will come up asking to add a name and pass word then it will prompt you for payment info and all 100+ videos are unlocked.. from there you can watch from any device, computer, smart tv, game consul, set stop stream box, tablet, phone etc..
    http://www.motornation.tv/subscribe/

Your just gonna have to leap into the future...

No Kindle Fire App at the moment.. If your able to access the internet through your kindle via web browser you should be able to push it to the TV..

10. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Thanks everyone for subscribing.. This just the start.. we are growing everyday!!!! so check back and make sure to tell all your friends!!

11. Signed up today and watched my first Motornation feature! AWESOME!!!!!! thanks guys.

12. Hey Evel,
    I have subscribed to the service and it's great!! When will it be available to stream through my Roku?
    Thanks,
    -Chris

13. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Oh my Evil. Your killin me. Sell it to Time Warner for me please. :)
    Your forcing this guy into the 21st century.
    Great idea Good Luck!!

14. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

So that means I can watch MotorNation through the Safari app on my iPhone?

15. 55willys

55willys

I am very interested but I only have 15 gig of data on my internet plan and need to figure out how to do more with less. Jim Ford

16. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

Ok, I signed up, and it plays fine on the computer, but I wanted to see it on my TV. My kid has a playstation 3....the browser comes up, and the website comes up fine, but when I click on the video, all I get is a blank screen. Is it not compatable with PS3? YouTube works fine on it.

17. Yup you sure can. Or at least it worked for me on my iPhone 5 with the latest operating system (8.1.3).

-Chris

TexasSpeed likes this.
  18. Gee, I dunno. I'm kinda getting used to drunkards who pay too much for project cars, partners with dumbass sons working for them, engine " experts" who lube the cam journals instead of the lobes when stabbing a cam and all the drama and panic from self imposed schedules and decisions. On second thought... I'm interested.

Evel likes this.
  19. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

Already subscribed

Evel likes this.
  20. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Yeah - this is what I'm needing. I don't see it yet in the channel store of my Roku. I can only sit in front of my laptop or S4 for so long. I want to dim the lights, pop a beer, and watch other people do what I should get up off my ass and do.

21. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Yep, I'm with the other fellas who are anxiously waiting for the Roku option. It's hard to have a nice romantic evening watching MFS with the wife looking at a laptop...C'mon, I want it now, now, now...

22. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Works well w our chromecast

Evel likes this.
  23. For the guys wondering about the Roku option (myself included). I just looked on the motornation website and it says the Roku option should be available by the end of February. I'll tell ya though, i've been watching it a lot on the PC and the more i watch the happier i get, so worth the $6/month.

-Chris

Evel likes this.
  24. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Ever since this comment, I've been binge-watching Motornation on my phone..

Evel, 1952B3b23 and gonzo like this.
  25. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Motornation!!! Thank You!

Evel likes this.
  26. mgermca

mgermca

Don't know how to say this but i think everyone who has subscribed to MNation is extremely happy.
    We have to keep in mind however that the hundreds of hours of content available took the last10 years or so to produce.
    I know I am pacing myself with respect to my consumption (trying to balance it with working in the shop too!).
    Let's try not to forget that the long term success of Motornation and the production of new content it will carry will depend on continued subscriptions, not sub's that lapse because 'why sub? There's no new content this month.'

I guess what I am trying to say is try to view your sub like a magazine sub to support these guys, the content is very special interest and it t takes time to produce and rights to it have to be paid for. It takes more than one month's sub to do that.

I am pledging to sub for a year , new content or not, and I hope some of you will too.

Olson, Hitchhiker and Max Gearhead like this.
  27. bashcraft

bashcraft

Signed up last weekend!

Evel likes this.
  28. Couldn't wait to jump in the deep end of the pool. Have spread the gospel to all the club members and anyone cool I know, who is a gearhead. Nads' wife is a damn talented artist and she gave high praises to several of the films, stating the black and white images were very well done. So we not only have quality content, but an artistic flair, that takes the whole hobby up a few notches. Screw all those cable tv drama queens, hacking up stuff, with BS deadlines. Café Racer was good, but changed to "Naked Speed". Still ok, but not without some silly drama. Love it, worth every penny. Cable is about to be cut!!
    JT

Evel likes this.
  29. Just curious how long we can expect to wait for new content....such as episode 2 of something? I've hardly even scratched the surface of what is available yet, so no complaints. Just curious is all.

30. jetcycles

jetcycles

Subscribed and eagerly awaiting Roku support. I'll be spending a few weeks in the hospital in the very near future, now I'll know how to pass the time!