Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Here's a couple to dream about.... I don't know if you gonna run one or not but I added a hood

cabrioletRed2.jpg cabrioletBlack2.jpg

kiwijeff and LeoH like this.
  2. atomickustom

atomickustom

I wasn't trying to criticize, I just wanted the car owner and others to know that a '57 corvette grille doesn't fill the opening that well. I have been enjoying your work on this thread!

3. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Thanks! Also looking for any input on color. Was thinking a cranberry color, rootbeer, even a two-tone combo. Hell, color choice is the most difficult, as you want to pick the best color for curb appeal and the car's lines. Oh, car will run full hood, bumpers, and runningboard mats

4. Here's a couple more with full hood and bumpers Brown2.jpg blue.jpg

kiwijeff likes this.
  5. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Thanks Moose! How about a two-tone like your '32?

6. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

I like Moose's red offerings, but looking at the original ride, I just can't see messing with what you got.

7. Leo..This is the original ride...I'd say it still needs a little "messing" with:)
    [​IMG]

8. Here's a couple of two-tone versions to give you an idea of how it might look. A friend of mine has a 33 Chevy sedan that's taupe and maroon..Looks really good in person but I don't know what your cup of tea might be. Personally I like the brown best.

brown tan.jpg Maroon and toupe.jpg Green.jpg .

kiwijeff likes this.
  9. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Moose, I like the brown best too, that is really good look.

10. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

The car was originally gonna be a restored version, hence the org. color combo. However, those colors are just boring to me and I'm looking for something that grabs your attention and classy at the same time. Moose, what do ya think about a bright Ferrari Red? I do like that 2-tone brown or the single color rootbeer. Thanks again Moose, for all the work!!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  11. wex65

wex65
    from WV

I know some people will think I have hit my head over the weekend but someone offered me a fairly old FX4 London taxi yesterday and I got to thinking about how it would look chopped/lowered.... The FX4 is the traditional black taxi, not the new crappy one.

Anyone able to chop it to see if it would work?
    austin-fx41.jpg

kiwijeff likes this.
  12. madfish

madfish

Here's a real one.

watermark.php.jpeg

whtbaron, verde742 and wex65 like this.

13. Not so bad really..

LeoH likes this.
  14. Happened to find this pick up version (with a Morris Minor bonnet grafted on). Makes a neat fleetside truck. These have a hefty chassis under them too, so you wouldn´t need to worry about it folding in half.

[​IMG]

verde742 and LeoH like this.
  15. madfish

madfish

Looks like it's got a 1952 Chevrolet truck grille also. I would consider this a bit of a "dog's breakfast"

kiwijeff likes this.
  16. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Wish the front wheel diameter matched the rear... :)

17. Well, I guess the bonnet ('cause it's a British car :p ) could fit the grille rather better than it does, but I think he´s done a decent job with what was available and it´s still a good idea. No doubt he would have used a Chevy hood, but UK scrapyards aren´t exactly overflowing with 1950s Chevy truck parts. Looks like someone just having some good low budget fun.:)

kiwijeff likes this.
  18. madfish

madfish

Agreed.

19. Could make a unique delivery vehicle...

PD.jpg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    wex65, LeoH, kiwijeff and 1 other person like this.
  20. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

I stand corrected Moose. I did not wait until all 3 pics loaded so I was imagining the OP had the green 'vert and was looking for ideas to roadster that car. I didn't catch the 3rd pic in the original post. Oops.

21. wex65

wex65
    from WV

Many thanks guys for the posts above. I think for anyone back in the UK it certainly has some possibilities. It is certainly thinking out side the box.

22. Hi Artists.....This one has been done before, but I'm hoping one of you likes this car enough to give it another shot....I'd like to see it dropped Waayyy Low in the front, as befitting the King of California rakes, and if possible, put some Triangular Caps on the dumps......If anyone is really ambitous, I'd like to see another version of the car with Medium Whitewalls, Big and Littles, and Baby Moons.....I know I'm asking a lot, but my appreciation level is way up there too....Thank you.....Centurion9

[​IMG]

23. BTW.....The Background is unimportant if that becomes a stumbling block........Thanks!

24. This??????
    rake.jpg

25. Moose...The Rake is Perfect! Can you Blacken the Headers and just have visible Lakes Plugs peeking out of the Wheelwell? I know you love this stuff....I love seeing it more.....Thanks!

26. Could someone please do a off white and de trimmed. Also a butternut yellow also de trimmed with stock caps. The rear I am looking at the butternut yellow or the off white but just a flip fuel cap, no lights aside from stock red tail lamps.

Attached Files:

27. oldolds

oldolds

Please hold on to the bar before riding the ride. Or else you will be under the steering wheel!

LeoH likes this.
  28. Oldolds....Believe it or not, I love this look over anything else. The short time it was popular in the Midwest. there were some extremes and I loved them.....:) Moose just killed it! Centurion9

29. oldolds

oldolds

Centurion9, I remember those days here in the east. That is the same thing I said then.

Centurion9 likes this.
  30. verde742

verde742

This is one of my Very favorite threads on the HAMB.. great work guys !!!!! Just fantastic !!!

p.s. like to see the stock Chev emblem on the 57 floating bar.. I like it !!!