Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1936? 37? Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by leadsled deluxe, Feb 2, 2015.

1. leadsled deluxe

leadsled deluxe

Looking for a driver door for this chevy cab. It is a low cab but not sure of the year any helpers.

Attached Files:

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. Is there an aluminum tag on it anywhere?
    Throw up a pic of that, and yourll get all the details.
    I'm thinking 37, 38.

3. leadsled deluxe

leadsled deluxe

Just the two tags on the corner of the firewall in the pick but they are so faded you can't read them.

4. Try cleaning em with something not to harsh.
    Should have numbers stamped on em.

5. leadsled deluxe

leadsled deluxe

I'm thinking it's a 37. Will doors from 36, 37, 38 work or are they differient. I know the tall cabs are different. This is a low cab.

6. looks like a 37 grill shell to me, but i have seen some mixing and matching on the "big" trucks.

7. 36-7-8 should work along with GMC.

8. 66gmc

66gmc

looks like a 37, the doors from 36 low cab to 38 should all be the same, 36 cabs still had wood in the A pillar

9. leadsled deluxe

leadsled deluxe

Ok well if anyone has any connects for a driver door let me know.

10. oldcarnut56

oldcarnut56
    from Iowa

The 36 has wood in the hinge pillers. and the bottom of the cowl has a raised bump that extends from the door to the hood. 37 has no wood and the cowl bump is angled at the front to clear the fender. gas tank is filled directly into the tank under the passenger seat. 38 is like the 37, with the exception being the cab has a hole in it for the gas filler neck just behind the passenger door.
    the serial number is stamped into the cowl tag.
    36 starts with one of these alpha prefix depending on tonnage and wheelbase. FB, RA, RB, RD, or RC.
    37 will have GC, SA, SB, SC, or SD.
    38 will have HC, HD, TA, TB, TC, or TD

302GMC and lawman like this.
  11. oldcarnut56

oldcarnut56
    from Iowa

I have some doors , but i'm sure there is rust on the bottom and Iowa is along way from NM.

12. Indianrider

Indianrider

The rounded top on fenders is 37 or 38 only. The 36 fenders are flatter, especially where they meet the running board. In this pic you can see the body line at the bottom of the door on the cowling from door to hood.

Attached Files:

volvobrynk likes this.
  13. studeynut

studeynut

Grill shell looks like a 37. Late 36, 37, 38 are basically the same cabs, minor differences.

14. raymay

raymay

I built a couple 37 trucks and panels and had others for parts. The mid year 36 low cab, 37 and 38 Chevy and GMC all used the same cab so the doors would be interchangeable. Pickup truck only fenders for these years would also be interchangeable. Larger 1 1/2 ton truck fenders are different. Hoods, grille shells and headlights will be different. What is left of your grille shell does look like this may be a 37.
    Should make a nice build. Have fun with it.

2.jpg 42.jpg

volvobrynk likes this.