Register now to get rid of these ads!

The fourth annual River City Reliability Run.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thommoina33, Jan 24, 2015.

1. flatoz

flatoz

can't believe this slipped to the 7th page already.

Firstly thanks for the invite. I look forward to this run more and more each year. Secondly thanks to Crager for the route, some cool roads and scenery, I really enjoyed the drive. Also thanks to all the RCCRC guys as it's not just one of you who makes this all happen. It went seamlessley and was a great weekend start to finish.

Probably the only hitch is, what's going to happen now Ben's moving stateside. I was just getting use to the Sunday breakfast thing being this side of town!

between Peddro and myself we took a heap of photos, but looks like there are more than enough here.

Hat's off guys, I appreciate your time and effort to put this thing on.

Congrats to Thommo to on his roadster, a massive effort, I just hope you relax this week Thommo and drive the car some.

cheers.

thommoina33 likes this.
  2. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Where,s Ben moving to?

3. flatoz

flatoz

4. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Everybody seems to be moving there
    We are leaning towards San Antonio

5. A massive thanks to the RCCRC guys for putting on the run, especially the guys that essentially miss out because they're manning check points or setting things up along the way.
    I couldn't make the Friday night or Sunday morning gatherings, so it's good to see the pics from each.

6. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

thanks for the pics. looks like a real fun time . love that roadster with the Packard grill .

7. kool 52

kool 52

8. Thanks again to all involved with the making of this day, from the organisers, supporters, and participants, as always we had a great time. Here's a small selection of photo's of elements that took my attention....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers, and looking forward to the next one,
    Drewfus

Outback and thommoina33 like this.
  10. kool 52

kool 52

Great photos Drewfus

11. 63Compact

63Compact

Great shots guys, glad everyone had a good. Thanks to 509Garyd for helping out Devilrod with a last minute deal on a fan to get him on the run. And to everyone else who pitched in to keep cars running smooth throughout the day thank you, thats what really makes this run what it is.

12. what's with the hidden cycle fenders? I notice some made out of spare tire rings and are more prominent and others made to almost disappear into the tire and mounted really close to them. Then you have other fenderless cars. Is it law that some choose to ignore? I can't imagine you guys would build these beautiful cars and stick those on, they just look like a after thought.

So what's the scoop?

also great looking run!

13. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Yup, the stupid ass law requires fenders, those without run the risk.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. Great pics, Good times!
    Thanks for sharing

15. Asphalt Demon

Asphalt Demon
    from Australia

Congrats guys! Awesome job and you will not find a finer selection of traditional cars in OZ from what i,ve seen, would also like to make next years event if possible. Johnny

16. Hey Jason and Devilrod no need to thank me, only happy to help out where I can. Talk soon. By the way what a great lot of pictures on this thread, the more the better I say, here's a few more from Friday night. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422351474.868169.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422351515.494627.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422351570.081340.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422351646.275337.jpg

17. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Great pics, looks like a great week end, was good to catch Drewfus & Troy on their way through!

Thanks for sharing!

Sent via carrier pidgeon & smoke signals with the HAMB App

18. what is the punishment?

19. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

A yellow sticker proclaiming a unroadworthy vehicle.

20. Then you correct the problem and can drive again?

21. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Yup, then the fenders fall off again

22. Do you need to get it inspected to be able to drive again? Seems like a Pain in the arse. In the states they just write tickets.

23. What an incredible looking event. Thanks for the photos of all the fine rides.

24. I'll add a few too. I only made the Saturday, never made Sunday, apparently gearboxes need oil..... Fixed now just a little noiser than before.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

509garyd and thommoina33 like this.
  25. EVERYTHING's a pain in the ass over here.....hehe .;)

Bump-o-rama......

26. 63Compact

63Compact

If youve got a car on Club reg no fenders means unregistered, its about $700 fine plus 3 points on your licence and could also void your insurance. I run fenders just in case.

27. just to throw caution to the wind, here's a couple extra
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    Drewfus

thommoina33 and kool 52 like this.
  28. Hands down the coolest looking event, I will have to pencil this one into the calendar for next year. Thanks to all for posting the pictures, they are awesome.