Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Revisiting the Race of Gentlemen...

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jive-Bomber, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Revisiting the Race of Gentlemen...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

gh331 and Hotdoggin DaddyO like this.
  2. 2935ford

2935ford

Definitely a COOL event!

Thanks

3. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Truly, Sons of the Beach!

4. madfish

madfish

5. I got to go this year with my Dad and Brother. It was one of the coolest things I have ever done.

6. It's on my list. Gotta get there before it outgrows Wildwood.

autobilly likes this.
  7. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

I've been every year and it just keeps getting better and better.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

TROG was the most fun I've had in 4 wheels...yep most fun.

9. Its just too cool. Wish I could go.

10. louisb

louisb

We need something like this at Daytona.

--louis

11. ....................seems they had something like that, then they went and built some big 'ol super-speedway.:rolleyes:

12. louisb

louisb

Yeah, that is why it would be cool to bring it back to the beach.

--louis

13. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

2014 was my first time to experience the race of gentlemen... and on top of that, i was a racer! it was, hands down, the most amazing experience i could ever ask for. To look around and see all these hotrods and bikes pounding down the sand with the ocean waves rolling in.. It was something ill never forget... The oilers put on a hell of a show. The town of wildwood was a crazy place to be on that certain weekend. Every street corner had cars parked, people sitting out watching the cars roll by, the sound of flatheads and banger motors woke up you at early hours in the morning. TROG is something that you can spend you life reading about, looking at photos and watching videos,but you will never fully understand the excitement and the thrill, until you step foot in the sand on the beaches of wildwood NJ

14. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

15. flamingokid

flamingokid

I'm always busy when it rolls around....I guess Sara never gets to meet me,poor lass ;)

16. my2nd40

my2nd40
    from Tennessee

If you love early hot rods doing what hot rods were built to do, you have got to go see this event. From the town to the beach it's nothing but vintage cars and motorcycles. That's two Rolling Bones Hot Rod shop cars in the picture if that gives you any idea of the quality of cars that race. Don't miss it, and thank Wildwood NJ and the Oilers when you go.

17. bgaro

bgaro

sure there were guys with $150k cars, but then there were guys with thousand dollar beaters, cobbled together out of spare parts, killing everybody thats real racing! (blindowl, cough, cough)

18. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

I have been at all 3 Trogs and nothing even compares to this event! It is something everyone into traditional rods and customs should see.

19. seatex

seatex

With 361 miles of coastline, Texas is gonna' have to pull one off. Those right coast Oilers have sure set the bar high, though! Awesome video, thanks!

20. Nobey

Nobey

The Gospel of Gow, did you come up with that Jive? I like that, and too want to
    see more events like the TROG. Maybe even on the west coast, never hurts to
    dream. Thanks for the post, and the cool video to go with it.

21. This great event is on my bucket list of things to do when I get my 3 window done........
    Head East old man.......Can't wait.

22. Years ago, before the Turkey Run hatched, the annual go to event was put on by the AACA at Ormond Beach, the original Birthplace of Speed, long before racing at Daytona was thought about. The old Ormond hotel was still open, and the swap meet was scattered around on empty lots.
    The thing got "discovered" and when some dip shits started doing burnouts in their "street rods", the local constabulary killed the boulevard cruising and the beach racing.
    Hopefully TROG won't suffer the same demise.

23. snot275

snot275

I think the Oilers should fly me and my roadster out there to fill their black guy quota... Just saying. Obama Bin Laden might put a stop to this thing :rolleyes:
    Awesome job guys. Hope to make it out there this year... Hopefully...

24. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

That would be my choice, too. The original birthplace of speed! Gary

Check out...
    http://www.ormondbeach.org/DocumentCenter/Home/View/204
    http://www.firstsuperspeedway.com/articles/ormond-beach-speed-trials-1907
    http://ormondhistory.org/the-birthplace-of-speed/

[​IMG]

25. Asphalt Demon

Asphalt Demon
    from Australia

Seen a lot of footage from trog and I think that was the best yet! I,m hoping we can have something here in Australia soon, we got the beaches!and the weather! Our club runs an annual dirt drags event but I think it's time to go coastal!

26. prpmmp

prpmmp

WOW!! I'm Hooked!! This is what the HAMB is!!! Been watching every video on the net about this event!! Excellent!! The most fun going 40 MPH you could have!!! Here's another onhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdif37foPEoe! Pete

27. banjorear

banjorear

Truly amazing. Thanks again to Dirtiest Devil and his crew for having the guts to make this event a reality.

28. Jerry Rice

Jerry Rice

I want to get there before it gets too big. Events like this lose their luster when the attendence gets in the stratosphere.

29. Decided to go this year at the very last minute. Glad I did. I had an awesome time and met a ton of great people.

The sights, sounds and smells of the whole deal are complete sensory overload. The event is by far one of the most photogenic ever.

30. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

The Oilers CC/MC kicks ass on this event, it is a ton of work and they are passionate about it and work tirelessly to make it the best F^%ing weekend any one of us can expect to have ! i've raced a couple cars that my car club and i have thrown together for the event the last couple years and as long as money is available and time is on our side we will do a car every year ! it's a CAN"T miss event !