Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest I'm devastated. Bad bad news.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rickybop, Jan 16, 2014.

1. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

not everyone gets to experience what you had ,in one breath, i would not want to be in your shoes dealing with such an unthinkable loss ,and in the next breath i am jealous of the relationship that you had and continue to have with the love of your life ! .

2. Rick,my friend,you are still in my prayers...Daily! HRP

3. Not to hijack the thread by any means, my wife just passed on 6/13 after a valiant battle with pancreatic cancer. So I've been following this thread closely. We had time to tell each other a lot of things and I got a lot of people to see her in her final weeks from far and wide. The wake was Monday followed by a service on Tuesday. Like your wife, she was beautiful and cherished by all that knew her.

Bob

4. Gentlemen, these are valuable words of wisdom.None of us will be here forever so someday we'll all know the pain of losing someone we love or they will know the pain of losing us. Take the time to appreciate the people you care about most. Dare I say, that is even more important than hot rods.

You're a good man, Rick. God bless you, man. Most here don't know all that you have had to deal with losing Sandy and then all the crap that you have had to endure after the fact. I admire your strength and tenacity, brother.

5. Ah Geez, Bob. I am so sorry to hear that. Heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Hang in there, man.

6. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very nice of you to say, HOLLYWQQD. Your words are exactly true. I was so blessed to have Sandy in my life. There were times when I actually could not believe that I was so lucky to be loved by her, and I have very fond memories that make me smile. Yet losing her...especially so unexpectedly and so much sooner than I ever would've imagined...is the cruelest and saddest thing I've ever experienced.

Thank you so much, Danny. (HOTRODPRIMER) I hope you know that I love you, brother.

Mike, (Saxman) you're the best, pal. From my heart...thank you. Lotsa love.

Bob, I'm so glad you posted. My dear brother, please accept my heartfelt and deeply sincere sympathy. As I type this, I have no profound words of wisdom for you...only immense compassion and sorrow for you for the pain you're suffering over the loss of your beautiful wife. Warm hugs and much love to you, my friend. God bless you. God bless her. You and I have company here...quite a few who've posted on this thread that they too have lost the love of their life. They and I truly understand. God bless us all. I can't say it enough...God bless you, Bob. Many tears for you. - Rick

7. hallrods

hallrods

Hey Rick,

Not a day goes by that I don't think about the things your going through. I think about how good I have it and how important my wife is to me. I tell her I love her every day. It makes all the little things in my life seem so trivial. Hang in there brother I'm praying for you!

Jack

8. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Today is January 13th...one year since I lost my dear Sandy.
    It's been a tough year, and I've had much to deal with. I'm still not 100% in regard to my finances or living arrangements, but I keep finding ways to move ahead little by little, and I'm in much better shape than I was for a while there. I'm keeping on.
    I still hurt a lot for missing Sandy...especially so this day. Many tears. But I keep saying my prayers, and I'm grateful to God for the time she and I had and the love we shared. She was so cool.
    I'll forever remember the heartfelt support so many of you provided me at a time when I so sorely needed it. I'm eternally grateful. You guys are simply the best. I mean it.
    I see that we've lost another HAMBER...Frank Burrell. (fab32) I and many others here knew Frank personally. You couldn't ask for a truer hot rodder and all around great guy. Danny (HOTRODPRIMER) posted a thread about Frank's passing. (one of the top stickies) Whatta ya say some of you go there and offer some kind words to his family...as you did for me.
    God bless us all. - Rick

9. Rick my thoughts are with you today. As my brother said on the loss of his daughter many years ago, it never goes away, it just gets tolerable. Just remember the good things...............

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  10. opunui

opunui
    from Honolulu

God bless and keep your strength Rick. Lots of love and prayers your way.

11. Harms Way

Harms Way

Ricky,..... You were so disappointed that Sandy and Frank didn't have a chance to meet the day Frank came over for the Headers.... I would assume they are best buds now,... and comparing notes

12. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Seems to be about the best you can do, as positive an outlook as you could have. So good to see you healing, Ricky. Not healed, but healing. Using the celebration of her beautiful life and your time together as a weapon to combat the pain of the void in your soul.

Harms Way likes this.
  13. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That you guys show you care is greatly appreciated...needed even.
    Thank you. - Rick

14. Today is the 7th month mark without Barbara.

Good to see you're hanging in there Ricky,

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  15. Rick, ol' buddy. I think about you all the time. I know it ain't been easy this past year but I'm glad to know that your doing better. You're one of the good guys and I miss having you around here. Hang in there my friend.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. My sentiments exactly. HRP

17. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hi Mike. Hi Danny. Thanks guys. You too, Marv...thanks for kind words.

Good to see you too Bob. I haven't forgotten that you also lost the love of your life. I hope you're ok. God bless.

18. A few months prior to her cancer diagnosis, her annual physical results came back perfectly normal.

19. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm so sorry, Bob. I guess that even getting annual checkups is no gaurantee.
    I've appreciated the talks we've had, buddy. Come around again anytime and we'll talk some more if you like. - Rick

20. 1gearhead

1gearhead

So sorry for your loss. I know your pain and emptiness. I lost my life partner some years ago and there is still pain. Like you she was far more than I deserved. I don't think the pain ever goes away, but remembrance of the good times together surely helps. Best wishes for you in the future.

21. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks, 1gearhead. I remember you posting here last year and sharing some kind words with me, and relating that you also lost your dear wife. I remember you saying, "...and it almost put me down too." I can understand that completely. I also remember that you said to cherish the good times...as you've said again here...and I certainly do. My memories of her sometimes make me smile, yet sadden me at the same time.
    "Like you she was far more than I deserved." Now that hits close to home.
    "I don't think the pain ever goes away." I hear you there. I've paid special attention to what those who've lost their love years ago say about this. And it's always the same. "The heartache diminishes somewhat after time, but never really goes away." This seems to be especially true of those who absolutely cherished their love relationship, find themselves later in life and probably will never marry again. This is me. I doubt that I'll ever love again. I don't want to. I prefer that it's just Sandy and me...through eternity.
    I'm sorry for your loss too, 1gearhead. God bless you and your dear wife.
    Here's something for you, 1gearhead. And me. And everybody here who's lost someone special. Shoot...let's make it for anybody here who loves someone who means everything to them and who loves us back. Which I think is nearly all of us.

"Sandy...darling...I'll love you forever.
    And I'll always be thinking of you."

22. I will never forget your post, one year ago. It was so sad yet so beautiful. Jim

23. 40ford

40ford
    from Duluth, GA

Rick, sorry I have not keep in touch with you. My wife Sharon died Feb 25, 2013. I am still trying to adjust. Wish I could say the 2nd year was easier but it was not. Everybody says the pain will get less with time but there will always be a part of you missing. I have found that I am forgetting the bad times and only remembering the good times. I still have you in my prayers.

24. Rick.....was just thinking the other day that the year was soon to pass when we got the sad news....good to hear your still keeping on.....

lawrence