Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 58 Buick project

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by hot4hotrods, Oct 1, 2014.

1. hot4hotrods

hot4hotrods
    from U.K

Haven't posted in ages, thought I'd share my progress. Been working since January on the bodywork, painting the inside of the car, then once the weather got warmer, the outside. Also cut all the major rot out and replaced with new metal. Here's some before and after shots. Was horrid blue and white, now satin black and flat turquoise. Although the ipad camera seems to turn this colour into a dull blue. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's had a full engine re build, brakes, new shocks, electric wiper motor installed, jobs to do are ; need to fit the replacement rear torque ball seal to stop transmission leak, drag link repair kit, adjust the tracking, get the engine running smoother,

Looking to get lowering springs for the rear, working lake pipes, full 2" white wall tires,

2. Definitely will stand out in a crowd. Glad you're getting it done.

3. I had a '58 Roadmaster, the first car I ever owned that I drove legally. Nice old beasties. Mine had a 364 in it that I tweaked a little bit, yours has????

That paint is way nicer then the multi tone mine had on it. ( sea mist, flat black, black, gray. :eek: :oops:)

Nice car.

4. hot4hotrods

hot4hotrods
    from U.K

image.jpg
    Mine has the original 364 too. It has been completely rebuilt. The only thing we kept was the crank. The car was my mum's daily driver from 1993-2003, then it broke down, got parked in her barn, the engine seized, and it sat there for nearly ten years with water in the number 7 piston. It's back on the road now. I drove it last summer, then started with the body and paint make-over. Now I just need to do the mechanical jobs left on it. Really want to fit a trio of Rochestors/Stromberg 97's on a Weiand intake.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014

5. A very classy girl you have there!

6. I saw a 58 special getting ready to be crushed in the 80s when I had my shop . I asked the guy what he wanted for it .He said $150. I dove back as fast as I could and got my wrecker and towed it home . It didn't have front wheels on it and didn't have a generator. There were a couple of old buick sitting out behind the shop in the wood so I snagged the generator and 2 wheels off it. Put a new battery in it and it fired right up. The interior was very nice black and white, all the paint was gone so I painted it metallic blue with a white top .I loved the way the speedometer just rolled instead on with the pointers like other cars. There was a title problem so I had to have the original owners sign some paper work. When I went to the door an elderly couple answered the door and I told then the story. When the old lady saw the car she starting crying because she thought it was going to be crushed .She was very happy to see it had been brought back to life. I drove that car for years. True story.Thanks.Bruce P.S. here an old picture of it when I had hair lol. img703.jpg

7. nice ride.. i sure love mine..

8. Graveyardsaint1

Graveyardsaint1

Bad ass . Dont see them 58 too often

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Arabie777 likes this.
  9. hot4hotrods

hot4hotrods
    from U.K

Thanks for the comments guys. Love your story Bruce. What happened to your Buick in the end?

10. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

11. As most cool old cars I need the $$$$ and sold her.Got this now.Bruce. 002.JPG

12. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Actually like the blue/white better but that's my opinion. 58's are pretty neat.

13. dave 62 pb

dave 62 pb

Nice 58, will it be on the road this summer ? possibly at the Hayride

14. Black Clover Custom

Black Clover Custom

Nice car.
    Wondering if you have 2 1/2 inch front shoes or 2 1/4?

15. BJR

BJR

Buicks deserve to be shiny, please paint it something other then flat black.

16. Roadmasters and limiteds were the only '58s with the 2.5" brakes.

17. BJR, IF U WERE REFERING TO MINE. THATS THE WAY I GOT IT. IT WILL SO BE EGG SHELL WHITE WITH GOLD FLAKE ROOF SOON..

18. Yup Arabie does have a nice ride.Bruce.

Arabie777 likes this.