Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 36 ford custom build (MISS SCARLET)

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by kippers 34, Jul 5, 2013.

1. telekenfun

telekenfun

Kipp, I was in the shop until about 30 minutes ago myself. On my knees installing carpet pad, ouch. It has taken most of the day, except for couple rest stops to catch up with the playoff games, neither of which came out to my liking. But the padding came out ok, an awful lot of cutting, fitting and glueing. While I was out there plugging along, I thought about you and how you were doing, painting a car is a damn lot of work. If you do it right, to get into all the crevasses it can really take a lot time. So I was not surprised to see that it took all day and night to get done what you have. You probably have one sore arm holding that gun out there for hours. Too me that is another indicator that the results will be spectacular. I'm betting your whipped. Congratulation! Go ahead and sleep-in, it's Sunday and you're almost done!
    Best Regards and good luck with all your endeavors, KB.

2. Thanks everyone for the support. Eric, Ryan, Kenneth, K B, Longoner, and everyone else. Yesterday was very long. Hopefully today goes a little smoother(and quicker) only time will tell. I think I wore pore Milkweed out yesterday by the time we were done he looked like a zombie but she looks stellar so I am very happy.

3. We started the day yesterday with cleaning the spray booth. Then it was on to cleaning the body over and over and over and over until Milkweed was happy with her. Friday while I was at work john (the prep and painter at Euro Sport) went over the body looking for flaws and fixing any he found then cleaned her off. Thanks John. So she was very clean by the time we were done.

farmer12 and firepilot like this.
  4. farmer12 and firepilot like this.
  5. When we were done priming we went over everything again with a fine tooth comb. We found a few pinholes in both rear fenders and a couple tiny flaws on the lip of the trunk so we needed to address them before we moved forward. After fixing every thing to satisfaction we were ready to move on to base when at a angle I noticed a slight ripple at the top of the deck lid so we pulled it from the booth and started to base the body.

6. farmer12 and firepilot like this.
  7. farmer12 and firepilot like this.
  8. I'm enjoying this build, really good work.

9. The minute the clear hit she came alive! Always the most exciting part of paint in my opinion.

10. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Love the color. I may have missed it in the thread but what are the plans for interior/color?

11. 32coop

32coop
    from Australia

Wow. Simply stunning.

12. Thanks.
    The most exciting part is when the paint is completely done. But yes Ryan she glows!
    That is funny shit!
    The interior has to be white for this build.
    Thanks. She came out beautifull.

13. Today went well. Most of the paint is complete and ready for cut and buff. Will post more pic's tomarrow.

14. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Stunning indeed. The color is so deep, well done!

15. That's a nice deep rich color . Looks awesome . I'll be watching for assembly like so many others .

16. Great colour selection, you must be pumped at this stage!

17. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beautiful - color as well as workmanship. I only wish mine were at that stage !

18. daddio211

daddio211

Damn! Milkweed IS good for something after all! And his pickup is pretty cool too!

19. Beautiful, very nice color. Great work guys.

20. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Awesome work guys!

21. Looks great!

22. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

So cool. I can't wait to see it start to go together.

23. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now the fun begins. Nothing like the final assembly when building these cars....paint looks great.

24. Thanks. And aero strait to.
    Thanks. As soon as I can get her polished the assembly is on.
    She came out better than I could have imagined.
    Thanks. i'll be happy when she is done.

25. Whod a Thunk ?
    Thanks. She came out absolutely stunning!
    Thanks Eric.
    Thanks.
    Soon I hope.
    It's all down hill from here.

26. Sunday morning came far to early. I met dick at the paint shop and started the day. After cleaning the booth out and unhanging the rear fenders I hung the hood and re filled the booth with parts.
    After the booth was full I started to clean every thing. Then I inspected for any flaws that remained. There were a few little things that needed addressing before paint begins.

firepilot likes this.
  27. Upon final inspection before paint I found I spot on the passenger front fender that was damaged in transportation. As bad as I wanted to finish all the painting I pulled the fender for repair and tacked the remaining parts for sealer.
    Everything was primed and then painting started. By now the paint gun was starting to get heavy but Milkweed kept spraying And spraying. There was a lot of surface area on her to cover. finaly at around seven(eleven hours later) We finished. All but the front fender are now in paint. I can now breath for a moment before the next hurtle.